What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Te'o Takes Control Of His Future

aids

Bench
sorry vish, heighno is the corner stone of a good forward pack, teo is a finisher.

Vicious

Bench
sorry vish, heighno is the corner stone of a good forward pack, teo is a finisher.

I haven`t said that Heighno isn`t the cornerstone of the pack, that is exactly the reason he should be leading by example and trying to make a decent hit rather than making 40 powderpuff tackles. He`s not a little bloke weighing in at around 104kgs, no excuse why he can`t hit with his shoulder, atleast occasionally !

aids

Bench
t'eo misses a lot of those big hits too, heighno's got a great work ethic.
teo's missed some shokcing tackles the past few months, and a fair few which has resulted with tries.

Vicious

Bench
Probably too f**ked from having to make Te'o's metres and tackles ...

No, if he made a decent hit now and then, the opposing players wouldn`t run at him so often. I said 4 weeks back that only 3 blokes in our side hit effectively, that being Ben Te`o, Keith Galloway and Danny Galea. With Galloway missing yesterday and Galea playing next to no part, any wonder it was like waiving a red flag to a bull when the Parramatta players had the ball yesterday. Funny thing is, they don`t run near as hard and as often when they play against a pack that has a couple of decent hitters in their side !!!

Mish

Juniors
Oh well. Can't keep them all. Glad we didn't keep bargaining past our limit.

All the best Te'o.

I'm not devastated. Now, onto Head, wonder how those negotiations are going?

TimmyB

Juniors
Meh. Last week has revealed a lot about the bloke in my personal opinion. Not the sort of attitude I want at my club. Give me a Heighington any day, even if this bloke does turn into a bigger star.

sober_siddhi

Juniors
If true (and I'll hang on to my $100), Tigers couldn't have done too much more.

Not that it sounds like anybody is too fussed.

Vicious

Bench
IF it`s true and he has signed with the Broncos, he`ll be the undoubted best second rower in the game bar none including Sonny Bill this time next season.
Anyone who thinks he wouldn`t be a massive loss in disillusional !!!

Vicious

Bench
:sarcasm:

50-60m............He`ll be making 200m and scoring 2 tries every time he plays on the back of that monster pack at Brisbane !

It`s ok we`ll just keep spending our 250k on midgets like Halatau. Only, most other blokes who are built like Halatau hit hard ???:crazy:

Vicious

Bench
Who still makes double the metres of that bludging twat

MOTH think about what you`re saying. Besides Te`o, the rest of our pack excluding Farah and Galloway wouldn`t even get a run with the Broncos at SOO time. You`ll eat your words this time next season, when IF it`s true he`s signed with the Broncos and he`s making our powderpuffs look like bowling pins. I hate to think how many tries he`ll score against us over the coming years if he`s playing with the Broncos.
But you just continue in your imaginery little world, thinking it`s good that one of the only two intimidating forwards we have looks like departing. Great news, get the champagne out !!!

TimmyB

Juniors
MOTH think about what you`re saying. Besides Te`o, the rest of our pack excluding Farah and Galloway wouldn`t even get a run with the Broncos at SOO time. You`ll eat your words this time next season, when IF it`s true he`s signed with the Broncos and he`s making our powderpuffs look like bowling pins. I hate to think how many tries he`ll score against us over the coming years if he`s playing with the Broncos.
But you just continue in your imaginery little world, thinking it`s good that one of the only two intimidating forwards we have looks like departing. Great news, get the champagne out !!!

Garbage. Heighington and Ellis (presuming his performances in the Tri nation hosted here translate) would walk in. So if you want to include Farah and Galloway, that's 4 out of 6...

Gus22

Juniors
Not convinced he's gone yet but if the rumour is true I'm not devastated. He will be very good in years to come, but we have plenty of good back rowers at the club. Besides, I see Teo's value as an impact player good for about 40-50 mins. Not what we need given the dynamics of our squad but more of a luxury we obviosly couldn't afford. He'll go well at Brisbane because we won't be required to do the hard yakka.

If losing Teo allowed us to sign Ellis and retain Gibbs & Galloway then that is a good bit of business. Ellis is world class at his peak and Gibbs/Galloway are very good now, improving all the time with potential to be elite front rowers with 8 years left in them. Also it leaves a bit in the kitty for Matt Head.

Salary cap means you can't keep them all. If we can sign Head to go along with the other players signed & re-signed this year, then the club has done very well this year.

Bench
Not convinced he's gone yet but if the rumour is true I'm not devastated. He will be very good in years to come, but we have plenty of good back rowers at the club. Besides, I see Teo's value as an impact player good for about 40-50 mins. Not what we need given the dynamics of our squad but more of a luxury we obviosly couldn't afford. He'll go well at Brisbane because we won't be required to do the hard yakka.

If losing Teo allowed us to sign Ellis and retain Gibbs & Galloway then that is a good bit of business. Ellis is world class at his peak and Gibbs/Galloway are very good now, improving all the time with potential to be elite front rowers with 8 years left in them. Also it leaves a bit in the kitty for Matt Head.

Salary cap means you can't keep them all. If we can sign Head to go along with the other players signed & re-signed this year, then the club has done very well this year.
I agree,can't upgrade and keep everyone,Ellis is class he will shine once he finds his feet.
If we keep head,and don't re-sign Payne,Morris,Halatau next year we can afford a decent buy,we shouldn't be too disheartened.

Latest posts