What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrible news, Lance Thompson passes away overnight

Ribs

Bench
Was about to say the same to you Ribsy. Are you going to the game on Sunday? Will be raising a drink for Thommo before, during and after.

G’day mate, yeah will be there today at the northern end with the wife and kids but will certainly raise one for thommo. Would be emotional for Sims putting that 12 on today. Hope the boys do him proud and can only assume they’ll be well pumped. Going to be a few tears I reckon today.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
G’day mate, yeah will be there today at the northern end with the wife and kids but will certainly raise one for thommo. Would be emotional for Sims putting that 12 on today. Hope the boys do him proud and can only assume they’ll be well pumped. Going to be a few tears I reckon today.
I would have thought the club will have no No. 12 today. Apparently Cronulla are retiring the No. 12 jersey in their match.

Mr Red

First Grade
Nothing short of a convincing win today will do given the loss of Thompson and Nightingales last regular season home match...
The players wouldn’t dare show their faces after a loss today.....

Dragon Blood

Juniors
I will Be at his funeral this week , as i said in previous posts my younger brother was great mates and very close with Thommo.

Will give you the deats when my My bro lets me know of the details.

Still devod the TOUGH Ranga Went gone before he was sposed 2.

Still can't forget the 20c peices lined up on the Tekken video game screen at the south Hurstville video store.

Ribs

Bench
I would have thought the club will have no No. 12 today. Apparently Cronulla are retiring the No. 12 jersey in their match.

No retiring the jersey and they honoured him with the worst performance in Kogarah history.

How utterly disgraceful.

This club is rotten to the core, they finally ditch Doust the useless plank but they go and get another 80s old boy in Johnstone and give him the gig? This club will never learn, it’s been an old spice wearing old boys club for decades.

rednwhites

Juniors
Supporting a club is akin to sticking by your family. You don't choose your family so you can't just go and choose another club. As much as I want to detach from the absolute farce that certain people have made of the Dragons, loyalty and care prevents it.

Right now, however, the Dragons are that crazy uncle that is simply annoying, and not much fun to be around. Yet you keep a vested interest because you are connected through blood.

Someone please Save Our St George!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
No retiring the jersey and they honoured him with the worst performance in Kogarah history.

How utterly disgraceful.

This club is rotten to the core, they finally ditch Doust the useless plank but they go and get another 80s old boy in Johnstone and give him the gig? This club will never learn, it’s been an old spice wearing old boys club for decades.
I thought it was a good tribute before kickoff and the moment's silence was highly respectful. And after full time, on exiting I noticed a jersey presentation. But what happened in between those events was just plain disgraceful.

In 50 or more years (yes, that long) I do not recall a worse performance at Kogarah.

Surely, the coach must go.

dannyt

Coach
I thought it was a good tribute before kickoff and the moment's silence was highly respectful. And after full time, on exiting I noticed a jersey presentation. But what happened in between those events was just plain disgraceful.

In 50 or more years (yes, that long) I do not recall a worse performance at Kogarah.

I think that is the worst defeat ever at Kogarah.

It's certainly the worst I've felt leaving the great ground.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

I found the tribute to be lacklustre and flat.

Sorry to disagree with you.

The club could’ve done more to celebrate Thommo’s life and achievements, in my opinion.

FlameThrower

Bench
I found the tribute to be lacklustre and flat.

Sorry to disagree with you.

The club could’ve done more to celebrate Thommo’s life and achievements, in my opinion.
Perhaps a win yesterday would have shown heart or at the very least being gallant in defeat. But we had nothing , just a team of imposters not trying and obviously not caring about how important yesterday was from a Top 4 position, to Nighty last game and acknowledging of Thompson’s passing. We are a joke of a club, with zero respect. Yesterday’s loss was a lot more than missing 2 points... the booing by fans and outrage post game and online are tipping points for this Club. Apocalypse Now!!!!

dannyt

Coach
Perhaps a win yesterday would have shown heart or at the very least being gallant in defeat. But we had nothing , just a team of imposters not trying and obviously not caring about how important yesterday was from a Top 4 position, to Nighty last game and acknowledging of Thompson’s passing. We are a joke of a club, with zero respect. Yesterday’s loss was a lot more than missing 2 points... the booing by fans and outrage post game and online are tipping points for this Club. Apocalypse Now!!!!
My sentiments exactly.

I can put up with a loss. Hell! I've been supporting this club since 1975. 43 years gives one a good grounding in accepting loss.

What I can't put up with is the capitulation.

ouryears

Bench
If we think this forum is screaming out loud, the clubs Facebook page is world war 3.

Doust and co will say nothing.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Out of curiosity only, how many children did Lance have? I knew there was his teenage daughter, but I also noticed two smaller children as well (nephew and niece perhaps?). They all attended both the Dragons and Sharks games yesterday. And yes, Cronulla did ‘retire’ the number 12 jumper as a mark of respect.

Out of curiosity only, how many children did Lance have? I knew there was his teenage daughter, but I also noticed two smaller children as well (nephew and niece perhaps?). They all attended both the Dragons and Sharks games yesterday. And yes, Cronulla did ‘retire’ the number 12 jumper as a mark of respect.
I think they were all his kids.
I was a bit taken aback about Cronulla retiring the 12 and we didn't, but saw the presentation to his oldest daughter and realised the thinking.

No Doust or McGregor in sight.
Disgraceful for a retiring legend and a tribute to a fallen legend.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I think they were all his kids.
I was a bit taken aback about Cronulla retiring the 12 and we didn't, but saw the presentation to his oldest daughter and realised the thinking.

No Doust or McGregor in sight.
Disgraceful for a retiring legend and a tribute to a fallen legend.

As I indicated elsewhere, I thought the ‘tribute’ was both flat, listless and amateurish in its presentation.

Not the kind of thing which revs up fans and players alike.

As I indicated elsewhere, I thought the ‘tribute’ was both flat, listless and amateurish in its presentation.

My friend was disgusted.
Her father, 97 years old, oldest living Dragons member was given the honour of tossing the coin.
They were told it was not going to be shown on Nine, there was no screencoverage or announcement at the ground.
The whole club is a joke.

I also should point out.
Last game at Kogarah, last home game for Flo.
Yet again, not one single telephone pole poster sighted anywhere in Kogarah to promote the game, no promotion what so ever.
The whole place is amateur hour.

Frailty

First Grade
I feel for you folks. That really was an inept performance. Some players just looked like they were in quicksand, and others just seemed to be going through the motions. I was absolutely gobsmacked.

There were so many reasons to be up for that game, and nothing.

For the record, Cronulla did retire the 12 jersey for the game on Sunday, and also had it on the interchange bench next to the players. It's just a small gesture but I felt like it was important to a lot of the players in the team and played with him for only a few years.