What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tha MAGPIE report.

Macca

Coach
Could be a very nervous opening batsman around this time tomorrow. Have you taken the pads off from last week Pogo?

Macca

Coach
Magpie's had probably their easiest win yesterday winning by 100 runs. I am rooted after bowling 20 overs.

pogo

Juniors
as expected the magpies are through to a finals berth , a great effort so far this season 9 wins and two losses.

taren point accounted for bosco 5/125 vs 10/112 , so it looks more than likely a pies vs power final!

particularly after illawong struggled 9 down to beat st.george leagues, however the illawong boys called in for a cold ale at tph and insisted an outright vs miranda next week would give them some chance, the quotients however would suggest otherwise.

you must have been buggered mcsharkie our boys called into your favourite watering hole to congratulate you on your win but apparently you had all just left.

pogo

Juniors
so i heard......

poor form indeed and even if it was a gee up it was uncalled for and the culprits have been admonished.

just gives you more reason i guess to smash us as 3 out of 3 would be oh so sweet for the boys from seymour shaw.....that would also be 3 titles in succession!!

lolesi

First Grade
I wouldnt mind coming down and watching this grand final, if i didnt have one of my own.

Looks like there will be alot of feeling going into this one. :clap:

Go McSharkie.

pogo

Juniors
lolesi said:
Miranda are sh*t!

Im in B9's this year, different name rego and all now :)

Seing as under my real name i aint allowed to play and all.

and you are going to play against miranda in the b9 final hey lolesi?

Macca

Coach
lolesi said:
I wouldnt mind coming down and watching this grand final, if i didnt have one of my own.

Looks like there will be alot of feeling going into this one. :clap:

Go McSharkie.

Thanks Lolesi, good luck in your comp too, although if you're playing the pies then I guess you know where my allegiance lies.

As for our final, there will be alot of feeling from the opposition mate. They have some strange vendetta against our side. All we can do is turn up and play in the same spirit we have all year. We have beaten them twice this year so they will think they are due and the "revenge" factor will be in over drive.

It looks like being a tight one.

pogo

Juniors
vendetta? geez mcsharkie thats a long way off beam, i m sure the tpc boys want to win just as badly as most finalists ( we are not guarranteed a spot yet by the way)

revenge...well after your club unceremonially dumped three of the best players they ever had, ( one in particular) i guess those blokes would be keen for the a2 team to post a win too!

as for playing in the same spirit as you have all year maybe you mean the same spirit against clubs other than tpc...lol

our blokes have vivid memories of the first round and the crap started by miranda, two blokes in particular.

casting all the argy bargy aside , miranda , as i said at the beginning of this thread have been the hot favourites all year and with such depth (have a look at that batting lineup) and only 2 season losses and 2 comprehensive wins against tpc will start raging hot favourites.

their consistency has seen them deservedly take the minor premiership

there is no doubt miranda is a very good side a1 material i would say .

the tpc boys will give it their best of that you can be assured, it should be a hard fought game in 3 weeks time.

Macca

Coach
revenge...well after your club unceremonially dumped three of the best players they ever had, ( one in particular) i guess those blokes would be keen for the a2 team to post a win too!

That rubbish has nothing to do with me.

as for playing in the same spirit as you have all year maybe you mean the same spirit against clubs other than tpc...lol

our blokes have vivid memories of the first round and the crap started by miranda, two blokes in particular.

As posted previously, we have different memories of that game. I didn't sledge your blokes at any stage yet I was sledged in both games I played against you. Not to mention the accusations levelled at me via SMS last week.

casting all the argy bargy aside , miranda , as i said at the beginning of this thread have been the hot favourites all year and with such depth (have a look at that batting lineup) and only 2 season losses and 2 comprehensive wins against tpc will start raging hot favourites.

Once again our batting side is not the reason we are leading this comp and you have an interesting idea of the word comprehensive. Still trying to instill us with false confidence. :lol:

See you in 3 weeks.

pogo

Juniors
you are right that rubbish had nothing to do with you................just a shame to see some blokes treated that way (by members of your side)

thats the reason those blokes in our club feel how they do.

game one ....your bokes started the crap in the car park before the game..FACT

i was at mid off in game two and didnt hear any sledging directed at you??
what was said? i thought you said previously it fired you up?

the sms messages were sent by some blokes in our team and as covered earlier that was inexscusable , probably alcohol induced after appearing to make the final in their inaugural year.
next time you need to send me an apology, ring me , then they wont be able to get your number, better still forget me like everyone else has(LOL)

anyside with your batting line up (whether you acknowledge it or not) will be mighty hard to beat.
the question is will you play another bowler or go in with just four front liners and a back up.....well remember we have batters with shitty footwork, that will help make your choice easier.

mcsharkie its eleven vs eleven and the words wont matter at solander in 3 weeks time.

imasharkie

Coach
What a great thread this is, I read with interest on a regular basis. Good luck to both you boys and the final is a game to remember.

Macca

Coach
It is Ima. I hope I haven't jumped the gun though. Illawong rolled our depleted side for exactly 100 today and have a slight glimmer of hope. We batted ordinary but the rain helped out a bit, we should be right.

lolesi

First Grade
We got Bosco out for 71, i picked up 2/9 of 6 overs and was happy seing as i wasnt going to bowl cause my back has been sore.

Rain stopped play when we where 1/71.

We are going to the final

pogo

Juniors
McSharkie said:
. We batted ordinary but the rain helped out a bit, we should be right.

was it "shitty footwork" mcsharkie that led your team to post only 100?

or was it that your blokes had their minds on a bigger game in two weeks time.

by the way your powerful bowling line up would be salivating if they saw the amount of bounce in the solander wicket yesterday, almost waca like!

Latest posts