What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tha MAGPIE report.

Macca

Coach
Shitty footwork? Let's not go there eh Pogo? You just have to keep having a niggle don't you?

Our side was missing 3 of it's top 6 bats and a few of us threw our wickets away. Also having a player from the B9's fill in and still short 1 player didn't help. We batted very slowly as well to avoid the chance of an outright loss.

One of our better bats made 41 of that hundred though, his highest score this year, I wonder if he has found his form at the right time of the season.

pogo

Juniors
no mate not niggle just a "friendly stir" as you called it earlier in this thread.

your club president called in to have dinner and a beer at the taren point hotel and he told me all about it and promised you wouldnt lose outright (especially with the return of your captain next week)

i was watching some of the action too and i can seriously say the pies team looked totally relaxed on the sideline .

even if you lost outright it wouldnt affect your chances of making the final, although i know you are keen to win every game.

as for the bloke that got 41 we will only know if he has found his form sometime around the 5th or 6th of march.

tell me is there a reason that your team wears a different logo to the rest of the club??

i asked your club president but he couldnt give an explanation for it!!

pogo

Juniors
yes i do know the answer and it explains why 40 blokes left your club at the end of last season with more to follow shortly!

good luck on the weekend as you struggle to avoid an outright loss against illawong.

good luck also to the three players you will be dropping for the final, i hope one of them in particular doesnt think your actions in dropping him will be un australian!
he s really a good player just a trifle out of form and i know how strongly you feel about that scenario.

still i know a few blokes in your team and some who have left your club who know all about un australian behaviour emanating from seymour shaw.

if your club had any fibre they wouldnt let one "team" play with a different "logo"than the rest of the" club" , i guess its unaustralian really!!

but when that "team" has their own newsletter separate to the rest of the "clubs" newsletter then what can you expect.

the 'aravindas" you call yourself .....hey? very australian sounding!!!

Macca

Coach
You have no idea what you are talking about. Please remove this slander. I don't know what has gotten into you but this was the last straw.

Macca

Coach
Since you left the club, none of it.

The logo is available to the whole club if they want it.

We don't have our own newsletter.

We do not refer to ourselves as the "aravindas"

Rodrigo

Juniors
well hasn't alot happened since i last swooped on the pages of the forum! Sorry i have been absent i am on a tour of the country. I have been wowing them with illusions of dinosaurs ! you know some people just cant get enough of prehistoric pantomines ,my colleague Solar power Shanehad to come back early for his X factor audition .but i am back now ,and thats all that matters right!

Hey pogo , please go easy with the un Australian, mate i think we should all just get along....you know that song

I AM ,YOU ARE ,WE ARE AUSTRALIAN

you guys are Australian aren't you! I got a certificate on the wall .

How did your team go Pogo?

how could you watch some of McSharkies game Pogo? did you get rained out early!

Tell you what, its not fun being a pteradactyl in a electrical storm. i get a bit concerned with all the bling bling round my neck and the water getting into my scales

Geez i would like to know more of the history of McSharkie, Pogo and the magpies, it does get a little heated and every time i tune in there is another twist.

Lolesi ,buddy good luck to you in your cricket!

I look forward to having a Light Ice with you guys soon!

All i can say is good luck to all this weekend! remember as Philander Johnson once said............ Cheer up the worst is yet to come! weather that is!

Bye

lolesi

First Grade
Thank you Rod, We needed to beat Bosco to make the final, and we rolled them for 71, and we are 1 for 71 at the end of days play, so here we come Miranda in the grand final!

pogo

Juniors
McSharkie said:
The logo is available to the whole club if they want it.

thats "your" logo is it the one your mates have made up ? not the one the club has had since when 1948 ??

i guess the club might say to you that the real logo the one that ALL previous magpie players played under is available to you too!!

certain elements of your team at least still call themselves the aravindas!

i was wrong regarding the newsletter as both your private one and the club one, hard copy and internet have disappeared up their arse!

as your club president told me personally last saturday night and you can quote me

"why would anyone play mens cricket for miranda!!"

Macca

Coach
Yes Rodrigo, we have been crowned Minor Premiers again this year with an outstanding bowling display yesterday, rolling the team coming third for 58.

We won't know where we play our final until tomorrow night but it's going to be against The Taren Pt Cricket club who finished second this year 6 points behind us.

Grand Final week get's into swing tomorrow night.

As a Magpie, it's a very enjoyable 2 weeks and I will keep you posted on the events as they unfold.

I believe all 4 Magpie sides will be in their respective finals this year, with 3 garaunteed and the other hoping on another result.

Not bad for a club in a rebuilding phase.

pogo

Juniors
rodrigo..... mcsharkie must have celebrated too hard last night as his side will be playing the final against Taren Point Cricket Club.

The Taren Point Titans are an A grade rugby league side! ( mcsharkie full well knows that its just his poor attempt at a friendly stir)

Miranda are on a massive roll winning their last seven games, and will start a red hot favourite, and credit where its due why wouldnt they.
having lost only two games all season , a great effort.

it appears that jannali oval will host the final and i guess that will suit the "pies" as its nowhere near as bouncy as solander.
whatever the deck both sides have to contend with it!

as for miranda rebuilding i guess its a case of "renovate or detonate'" !!!

Macca

Coach
Either pitch will be fine.

I apologise for the Titans I meant Power and I will edit that now. Honest mistake.

I think 4 out of 4 sides in the finals is impressive. 3 out of 4 is impressive, I think we might have 4 though.

lolesi

First Grade
Well, we knocked off 3rd place Bosco outright! to jump from 2nd into first and claim the minor premiership!

Which was deserved imo, we have been the best team all year.

Good Luck McSharkie and pogo, hope it is a good game

Rodrigo

Juniors
4 out of 4 is pretty good McNarky!
sounds like its going to be a cracker of a game!
Lolesi, congrats champ, making the final good luck to your team, the team you are playing , how have you gone against them so far this year?
AHHH theres nothing like grandfinal week! the atmoshere the buzz,the emotion!.Noting that you are a sharks supporter Mc Narky i guess grandfinal week is still a novelty for you...... i know i know there was that one gf late90s but can you really count that after all it was only half a competition. my team who has a fire breathing mascot! are use to being in the Hype of gf week! and before you say it , i know that they havent won one since 79 but atleast they have had heaps of trys.looking forward to catching some of the Magpie Taren Point GF, dont reckon it will be too hard to pick out you McShakey i reckon i could pick you out easy,just got to look for someone with cranky pants on! :lol:

Latest posts