What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tha MAGPIE report.

SirShire

First Grade
No, I just realised how f**k Pies management is. I had doubts when I left the club anyway. They were only confirmed.

Where you playing at?

pogo

Juniors
lol stacked with former magpie A graders.....what a joke ...TWO to be exact and they couldnt get out of the joint quick enough.....

just like the other 40 or so players that saw the light!!!

dont be hoodwinked by the mcsharkie propoganda...the pies have been training incognito since late may and have recruited from near and far!

even if the management there are unaware of their previous form.....rotflmao !

the bookies have the pies at 1.60 and taren point 2.20

whatever happens the blue/black and white will return to the taren point hotel for a cold drink and a friendly chat with their supporters.

Macca

Coach
I brought you out of hiding again Pogo! I am getting good at this.

BTW Salmon, did your source tell you that he was part of Magpies management when you left our club?

I am still at Miranda, and I am there to play cricket with my mates. The management doesn't bother me and I don't bother them.

SirShire

First Grade
I had no problem then, Ray Davies was good. However, current management was more present in the coaching circles at the time.

Macca

Coach
Ray Davies was pres when my old man was Vice Pres mate, I know him well. I know Pogo well too, the bloke is a legend. I don't really know what sent him into his hatred of the club but it had nothing to do with me.

Just happy to play cricket with my mates.

pogo

Juniors
i have no hatred for club or individual and this issue should not be discussed in this manner here.

good luck to all cricketers and their respective clubs this season.

even steve rogers changed clubs mcsharkie...............give me a break!!!

Macca

Coach
Ahh Pogo, it's just a little stir mate. I'll have a beer with you on Saturday night at some stage.

Macca

Coach
Week 1 VS Taren Point Power.

The Magpies won the toss and elected to field.

Taren Pt All out for 141.

Miranda 1 for 17 at stumps.

pogo

Juniors
its up to matt keep and stewart magnay now salmon to keep taren point in the game against the strong miranda team.

unfortunately our crack fast bowler eddie cozmolovic has a serious shoulder problem and may not play before xmas.

the bookies secret service had the prices right it appears,as we again struggled with the bat.

it was a big drink at the point last night however as our sister club destroyed brisbane in the afl grand final.....hopefully a portent of things to come!

lolesi

First Grade
I played yesterday to :) First game since the 3rd last round last year, first time i have picked up bat and a cricket ball!
Geez it was fun, we won the toss and had a bat, i went in as opener as no one else wanted to :lol: got 21 then cleaned bowled haha, we where all out for 260!
Put them into bat had 12 overs at em and i got 2/9 and they are 3/20 at the end of days play!

In a good position to get a win up.

Geez cricket is a fun game.

pogo

Juniors
1/30 off 9 was a good result it could have been much better had your captain/captains backed you up with better field placements!!

Macca

Coach
How you feeling Pogo? Did the boys train well? Are you confident of rolling us?

Macca

Coach
Well, we got home in the end thanks to a great knock from our number six bat getting a slashing 60 odd.

At 4 for 40 we were looking in trouble but some fortune fell our way when TPP's opening bowler who had 3 for 5 at the time split the webbing in his finger and couldn't play on.

143 was never going to be enough runs after that and we got them 7 wickets down with an hour to spare.

So we are 1 from 1 to go with our umpiring in round 1 and looking ok.

Taren Point Power certainly have a great bowling attack though and I can see them being around the top of the comp come next March.

GO THE PIES! We are black, We are white . . . . . :clap:

pogo

Juniors
congratulations to miranda on their victory.

mcsharkie batted like michael clarke late in the day as miranda limped over the line against a grossly understrength taren point side.

credit where its due though, miranda as expected were too strong as our batting let us down , so its into the nets with the batting coach i d say.

next rounds clash with the pesegrines will be interesting as they unleash their NPE star and taren point front with their " missing links!! ".

ahh dont you love cricket.

bazza

Immortal
In other A2 news, the match between St George Leagues and SUS Club was abandoned due to the youth of Worranora Heights amusing themselves by setting a wheelie bin on fire in the middle of the pitch

pogo

Juniors
bazza, mcsharkie has a soft spot for the dragons i am sure he will go easy on you.

u play them in round 5 at gwawley north