What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thaiday to JWH- ''respect your elders''

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
lol yeah i remember cutie getting smashed a few times....then of course theres kidwell on mason for mouthing off during the haka..

Lol, I remember Mason smashing Fielden for the fun of it.

To me, JWH is digging himself a big big hole. If he doesnt respect his opposition, he will get owned, Sun Tsu.

JWH has a good 10 years to make a fool of himself at test level, where Petro has had a good 10 years to earn the respect and reputation he has.

I remember a few years ago when Finch played for the Roosters, he told their fans to "kiss our ass" because he finally had a good game. 2 weeks later, the FFOF was in full force over yet another terrible performance.

TimmyB

Juniors
And now Finch is a premiership winning 5/8 and the Roosters are still rooted at the bottom of the table.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I think I know what's happening here. How long has JWH been living in Aus for? I believe he played in a U19 rugby world cup for Aus. I reckon JWH might be a little insecure in his NZ identity. Hence the mouthing off to try and prove that he's a dinkum Kiwi. I recall something similar happening with Webster and Pritchard, both Aussie born and raised. Remember those 2 plonkers sledging Karmichael Hunt because he chose to play for Australia ahead of NZ?

About 3 years.

Hindyscrack

Bench
And now Finch is a premiership winning 5/8 and the Roosters are still rooted at the bottom of the table.

A monkey could have played in 6 for the Storm this year considering the 9 and 7 feeding him the ball and the 1 and 3/4's he had... oh yeah, not to mention an international pack.

Finch is still a dud.

A kid and a part timer came in and produced what he couldnt in 3 years in a matter of weeks at Parra.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach

And good for him. Fact is, over the years Finch has put in alot of terrible preformances and shot his mouth off in the process. He will be remembered as a player who ran his mouth to often. JWH is in a similar situation now, over the next 10 years (if hes lucky) he will have the chance to either prove he can bring it or if he will turn out to be another Finch. Or could be worse, he could turn out like Richie Williams.

Theres a saying I was taught, you stick your head up and it will get chopped off.

kuwaiti kev

Juniors
i still dont know how kidwell gets away with his "big hit" on mason. he hit the bloke in the face! i have never seen such a head shot go unpunished before, and not only that, be rewarded and congratulated years after. he would have got 2-3 weeks in the nrl and a penalty awarded against him.

What match did you watch Hutch, i've watched and applauded that clip many times trying to figure out how exactly Mason got a black eye out of it as it looks like a shoulder on chest/shoulder hit. No big swinging arm, no rocking back of Mason's head as if he got hit high. From my guess Masons head must have fallen forward and collected Kidwells shoulder or head in the impact, there was nothing high or illegal about Kidwells action.

There have certainly been many many worse gotten away with and yes sometimes applauded.

I hear the Roosters can't even give the chump away now.

Kidwell on Mason, it was a head clash that gave Mason the black eye.

I doubt it was for Mason shooting his mouth off. I bet you the kiwis a) couldn't hear him and b) were to far away from him to see he was even saying anything.

Meth

Staff member
The Mason/Kidwell incident can be easily summed up

Mason tried to show he wasn't intimidated by mouthing off during the haka

Mason got sat on his arse

Mason went missing for the rest of the match

Mason vowed to get back at Kidwell, but never did.

Joker's Wild

Coach
To be fair, Kidwell has barely been in a FG jumper since that game so Masons opportunities have been pretty limited.

Even more so now that Kidwell has retired.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Kidwell on Mason, it was a head clash that gave Mason the black eye.

I doubt it was for Mason shooting his mouth off. I bet you the kiwis a) couldn't hear him and b) were to far away from him to see he was even saying anything.

It was a head clash.. Wasn't Mason mouthing off during the Haka? I think that is what fired up Kidwell.

hutch

First Grade
What match did you watch Hutch, i've watched and applauded that clip many times trying to figure out how exactly Mason got a black eye out of it as it looks like a shoulder on chest/shoulder hit. No big swinging arm, no rocking back of Mason's head as if he got hit high. From my guess Masons head must have fallen forward and collected Kidwells shoulder or head in the impact, there was nothing high or illegal about Kidwells action.

There have certainly been many many worse gotten away with and yes sometimes applauded.

I hear the Roosters can't even give the chump away now.

it was great football, and mason never backed himself to get even with kidwell after, but i thought it was blatant contact with the head, and at least warranted going on report and a penalty.

kuwaiti kev

Juniors
it was great football, and mason never backed himself to get even with kidwell after, but i thought it was blatant contact with the head, and at least warranted going on report and a penalty.

I diasgree I think any head clash was accidental, it certainly wasn't in the Jason Smith torpedo origin genre. It was shoulder to shoulder with the impact bringing the heads together.

Yes Mason was mouthing off in the Haka (and during the week prior) it didn't matter what he said, no one would have heard it, he just made himself a target and Kidwell hit that target.

Kidwell was an average NRL player but one of those who lifted his game in a Kiwi shirt, Iosia Soliola seems to be cut from the same thread.

Latest posts