What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thaidays Tackle On Newton???

antonius

Coach
You blokes are missing my point. Dangerous tackle = When a player is lifted above the Horizontal. Newton had his legs above his head when Thaiday let go, That's a dangerous tackle. I'm not arguing that it was as bad an end result as the Buderus tackle, I'm saying if they are consistant Thaiday has to be charged.

Alex28

Coach
So you guys are saying you can lift the player past the horizontal and then let go of the player, and from there it doesn't matter how the player lands? And on this basis you can get off a suspension?

You Bronco guys are dreaming...you lift in a tackle and the player goes past the horizontal, then he is guilty of a dangerous throw. Thaiday was just lucky that Newton landed the way he did.

Mr Saab

Referee
Alex28 said:
You Bronco guys are dreaming...you lift in a tackle and the player goes past the horizontal, then he is guilty of a dangerous throw. Thaiday was just lucky that Newton landed the way he did.

Watch a replay of the Ciraldo tackle of Withers in rnd 26. Lifted him past the horizontal, but let him down like he was a baby.
The league does take into account, big time, the way a player lands.

Alex28

Coach
We'll see...I reckon Thaiday's done for the year (whether it deserves a suspension or not, he lifted and is guilty of a dangerous throw/tackle and will be found that way).

strewth_mate

Bench
I don't understand all this talk of consistency.

Didn't some people say Buderus' charge was too much? Why would we want someone to be charged with an inconsistency as the precedent, in the name of consistency?

Dilmah said:
So you're saying it's better if the player is dropped instead of lowered. Right...

Yes because the player in defence isnt adding there force into the tackle.... Ideally its better to lower them softly to the ground as you do see happen on occassion, but dropping is better then adding your weight/force to the tackle.

IMO Similar tackle and atleast a grade 1. After what happened to Buderus with a perfect record and case to argue, no charge would be a slap in the face.

Mr Saab

Referee
Sir Knight82 said:
IMO Similar tackle and atleast a grade 1. After what happened to Buderus with a perfect record and case to argue, no charge would be a slap in the face.

Which cheek would you like slapped. ;-)

Alex28

Coach
A little surprised it didn't get a grade - only in the fact that there seems to have been an effort to stamp out lifting in tackles. I personally didn't think it warranted a suspension but surprised none the less.

The NRL have set themselves quite the precedent there though - doesn't matter about lifting past the horizontal any more, as long as they don't land on their neck it's fine.

Swampy

Juniors
Sitting there on the boat nothing much happening then thru the secret lure out and then.......... BANG Alex28 on the end of the line.

Alex28

Coach
LMAO...man what a secret lure you have - an absolutely irrelevant comment which makes you look nothing more than a dickhead.

Bravo champ...bravo.

Swampy

Juniors
Alex28 come in real close as I'm going to whisper this to you.Now come in closer so you can hear me(looks over left shoulder then right shoulder... don't want any eves dropers)sshhh now listen...lighten up and get a sense of humour.Anyway if you keep on calling me the "d" word you just might upset me.Now we don't want that to happen do we?

Yeah vippo19 on a slow south east drift.

Latest posts