What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank you Blacktown Mayor and Bob Carr

I can't see BOP (Blacktown Olympic Park) being a major sporting venue. Dead set the "International Standard Baseball Field." Played a C grade game there, the major field has a stand for about 200 people, and the outside field is kick of what you would expect at the local park, a couple of benches. The car park there isn't that big either. Despite the name, it's really not a very big venue, apart from one stand, it is pretty much what you would expect at the local park.

adamkungl

Immortal
I can't see BOP (Blacktown Olympic Park) being a major sporting venue. Dead set the "International Standard Baseball Field." Played a C grade game there, the major field has a stand for about 200 people, and the outside field is kick of what you would expect at the local park, a couple of benches. The car park there isn't that big either. Despite the name, it's really not a very big venue, apart from one stand, it is pretty much what you would expect at the local park.

my old school has their athletics carnival there. So, apparently its right up there with Auburn Swimming Centre :lol:

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
I think some vigilance is needed and one should never give the AFL/Blacktown council the benfit of the doubt and think they will fail just because we want it to.

What if it succeeds? Then what? Bye bye RL in western Sydney because the wanker who runs the code wont do anything?

El Diablo

Post Whore
i'd suggest listening to Hadley tomorrow. he seems far from impressed with how this blokes wasting money on AFL and apparently neglecting many other things.

he tried to get him on today but he didn't seem to want to talk. he spoke to an independent councillor who seemed like a good bloke though. not sure that he he voted for it.

anyways should be interesting to hear this fella justify the spending

Hindyscrack

Bench
i was in melbourne over the weekend and the reaction i got from people when they found out i was a) from sydney and b) a league fan was kind of awful. i mean i hate AFL but i would never bitch out a stranger for liking it. they are weird and obsessive down there.

Strange folk down there...

Visit Melbourne about 12 times a year (before i moved this year to london) and it never ceases to amaze me.

Vic: So who do you support?

Me: Parra

Vic: No, who do you support in the footy?

Me: Parra, do I speak with an accent?

Vic: No, in the real footy

Me: Everton and Sydney FC

Vic: Australian Footy, the swans?

Me: No one... i dont watch it

Vic: Blank look

Get outside of southern australia kiddies, your game doesnt exist! I cant beleive how foolish the majority of them are.

j5o6hn

Juniors
If you blokes want to change the way the slimy bastard in Blacktown is carrying on campaign to have him removed,find out the council voting records and who voted for what,you have to get political with things like this.
The Blacktown Council is vulnerable with ratepayers still under tarps ect and giving 20mil to the wealthy AFL is not a good look.
I live in Perth now or I would give it a go

LESStar58

Referee
heard Hadley talking about this. tried to get the mayor on but he won't be on till tomorrow. should be interesting after this http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,24028906-14823,00.html

$20 mill or more is mostly coming from the council with flogball and cricket only putting in $4 mill

i wouldn't be happy about that if i lived in the area

As much as I don't really like Raaaaaaaaay I hope he calls the mayor onto the carpet and states a case for rugby league in it's heartland.

Kiki

First Grade
Strange folk down there...

Visit Melbourne about 12 times a year (before i moved this year to london) and it never ceases to amaze me.

Vic: So who do you support?

Me: Parra

Vic: No, who do you support in the footy?

Me: Parra, do I speak with an accent?

Vic: No, in the real footy

Me: Everton and Sydney FC

Vic: Australian Footy, the swans?

Me: No one... i dont watch it

Vic: Blank look

Get outside of southern australia kiddies, your game doesnt exist! I cant beleive how foolish the majority of them are.

bahaha yes its a bit like that. also alot of them seem to just HATE sydney people for no reason. i think its an inferiority complex. i had so many people come up to me when i was out and go 'omg ur from sydney arent you?' and then just abuse me. wtf! so sorry for wearing colour and having a smile on my face.

and one guy went on this rant about league and i said to him 'um...what has ruby league ever done to you mate?' and he just looked back blankly. tosser.

Tom Ace

Bench
bahaha yes its a bit like that. also alot of them seem to just HATE sydney people for no reason. i think its an inferiority complex. i had so many people come up to me when i was out and go 'omg ur from sydney arent you?' and then just abuse me. wtf! so sorry for wearing colour and having a smile on my face.

and one guy went on this rant about league and i said to him 'um...what has ruby league ever done to you mate?' and he just looked back blankly. tosser.

Spot on...I have relatives down there and I've lost count at the amount of times they've brought up Sydney over the years.

It's classic little brother syndrome.

I just couldn't care less about Melbourne.

Kiki

First Grade
yeh definitely! i would never assume someone is from melbourne then be all OMG U SUCK! HOW CAN U LIKE AFL?? i mean who cares?? its rather pathetic actually. not to mention the fact they always have to bring up 'we are the most livable city you know!'. um...yay?

Chapsta

Juniors
yeh definitely! i would never assume someone is from melbourne then be all OMG U SUCK! HOW CAN U LIKE AFL?? i mean who cares?? its rather pathetic actually. not to mention the fact they always have to bring up 'we are the most livable city you know!'. um...yay?

Didn't you just confirm your hate for people who like AFL?

Chapsta

Juniors
Spot on...I have relatives down there and I've lost count at the amount of times they've brought up Sydney over the years.

Apparentley they have a river, and remind anyone from Sydney at any given oportunity.

Kiki

First Grade
Didn't you just confirm your hate for people who like AFL?

no...people from AFL states who are into it dont bother me. it makes sense and its not threatening league. what bothers me is people who grew up in NSW or Queensland and are into it. its irrational but i cant help it.

Last edited:

Mr Opinionated

Juniors

I lived in Melbourne 8 months and their hatred of Sydney is beyond belief. And most of those who hate Sydney have never been to Sydney. I doubt many of them have been outside of Melbourne. It's all about brainwashing from the media etc

I tell them if Sydney sucks so much then why is it ranked as one of the world's best cities by travellers and experts.

MSKnight

Juniors
Rooty Hill Dragons rugby league club secretary Don Milides was far from pleased:

"I think it's disgusting.

They're building up another code while letting down a code that has supported them for years.

"You should see the archaic property that we play on down here at Whalan Reserve, last season it was unplayable because of the drought and they had no watering system."

Hahahaha! Don Milides, what a wank. He and his fellow colleagues don't do a single thing. A friendly reminder that Rooty hill is the worst club in the Penrith district with no organisation and run by a bunch of clowns who sit in front of the canteen each training night, drinking tea and coffee demanding fee's off parents.

Instead of getting off their backside and doing their job. I heard and have seen the lights not even come on at times! Because they couldn't turn up to flick a switch.

BuffaloRules

Coach
As much as I don't really like Raaaaaaaaay I hope he calls the mayor onto the carpet and states a case for rugby league in it's heartland.

Can someone tell me what Raaaaaaaaay said?

Some of the jerk offs at Big Footy seem unhappy about it.

Latest posts