What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thanks Ben Hornby

jezmond

Juniors
Great dragons player, hasnt been the best of seasons for him but still one of our clubs finest!

Miss ya Benny thanks for the great memories!

northernsaint

Juniors
I think i recall Ben with Coops taking a pay cut a while back to help the cap. What a great unselfish person. No wonder he has so much respect. Been a good reliable player in several positions. Great memories.

TheRev

First Grade
My favourite memories of Benny were at Fullback, the guy was awsome... safe as houses, great positional play, makes a lot of half breaks, can throw a pass.. and hardly ever gets injured (rubber man), and as always he did this because the club needed it, it wasnt his first choice.

People who are asking for ordinary players to replace Flo in 2012, have forgotten what having a crap fullback is like, back when Lee Murphy was our best choice, we had to chase an extra 12 points a game due to his errors.. Patten wasnt a heap better either, it took years to develop him... Hornby however was an absolute blessing at the time.

natheel

Coach
Sunday 2nd September is going to be huge for our 2 clubs fans! lets send these 4 club legends off in a good manner. no matter win or lose lets celebrate 4 great careers and one club players

Stagger Lee

Bench
Sunday 2nd September is going to be huge for our 2 clubs fans! lets send these 4 club legends off in a good manner. no matter win or lose lets celebrate 4 great careers and one club players

Well said Natheel :clap:

Thankyou Ben Hornby

All those trophies you held up and you did not drop one - Now that is a safe pair of hands :lol:

A place on the St George legends walk awaits - and not much need to ever shout your own beers.

respect :cool:

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Thanks Benny! You have been one of my favourites.

If I was ever to play rugby league at NRL level, I'd want to hold myself in the same way you did.

saint06

Juniors
Drew-Sta, i reckon that would be the ultimate compliment to Benny.

Thanks for moments Benny.

Thanks for recognising the True Believers.

Thanks for delivering the ultimate prize.