What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Ivan

The Realist

Juniors
Damn I used to have a soft spot for the Tigers until all this BS hit. To be fair to them - Cleary wrecked their roster by completely bungling the handling of the Tigers 'Big 4', signed a few players on overs such as Reynolds and Mbye then left a complete mess for someone else to fix. It was not a good look for anyone.

That being said, the Tigers were all to happy to poach Nathan and their fans were sticking it to us about it - only for the tables to be completely turned on them - and now they are super salty.

I am still not sold on IC until I see at least one premiership and a sustained period of excellent results. ATM my gut feeling is that he has been fortunate to inherit an extremely good roster with a production line of talent enabling awesome depth. The right place at the right time so to speak. I can give him credit for his Son though, who is just an ultimate never say die competitor and you can just tell that Ivan has instilled the correct attitude in him.

Damn I used to have a soft spot for the Tigers until all this BS hit. To be fair to them - Cleary wrecked their roster by completely bungling the handling of the Tigers 'Big 4', signed a few players on overs such as Reynolds and Mbye then left a complete mess for someone else to fix. It was not a good look for anyone.

That being said, the Tigers were all to happy to poach Nathan and their fans were sticking it to us about it - only for the tables to be completely turned on them - and now they are super salty.

I am still not sold on IC until I see at least one premiership and a sustained period of excellent results. ATM my gut feeling is that he has been fortunate to inherit an extremely good roster with a production line of talent enabling awesome depth. The right place at the right time so to speak. I can give him credit for his Son though, who is just an ultimate never say die competitor and you can just tell that Ivan has instilled the correct attitude in him.

Some good insights.

A few weeks ago I praised Nate as a footballer and I’m not resiling from that. He is one of the best players in the game.

The tictok episode and holding the perverts hand when he went to court and were not the best choices. Some lines should never be crossed. But that can be isolated from his performances, and nobody was more supportive of Nate than me once the idiot deputy premier started on him. He should have fought the suspension and he would have won. That’s why it was a joke penalty!

You are right that the depth is there. Blore had an unbelievable debut last week and is destined for great things, barring injury. We have no idea why you let him go, we presume that High and Henry streets are so littered with young prospects, that social distancing is nigh impossible.

I rate Ivan a b- as a coach as he’s not exactly lifting young scruffs to the heights. Most factory coaches should have them playing well.

My troubles with him arise from his lies and deception when he left. He was in secret talks with you when he was being paid by us. He’s a sneak. Then he texted the players good bye. There are ways of doing things, and he slithered away in a cowardly fashion and let us down even further.

He sacrificed a number of relationships so he could spend more time with his son.

He let down thousands of wt sons, for his own desire to dominate his own kids time. Reports last year commented that Nate gets special treatment. I don’t know but I doubt it.

But Ivan seems committed to his own perception of dominating his kid, not the panthers.

Kids have to lead their own lives, you have to set them up for the life ahead.

At any rate, he hasn’t made amends to us and as a result, his disloyalty will always be thorn in the relationship. He’s as guilty as sin.

Then by the kiss, he doesn’t care. No compassion, no insight and no maturity. It’s all about Ivan even if the dad should have been arrested (and publically flogged) for stupidity. The kid should have gone home with Ivan I guess, despite my misgivings.

Thank you for your post.

betcats

Referee
Some good insights.

A few weeks ago I praised Nate as a footballer and I’m not resiling from that. He is one of the best players in the game.

The tictok episode and holding the perverts hand when he went to court and were not the best choices. Some lines should never be crossed. But that can be isolated from his performances, and nobody was more supportive of Nate than me once the idiot deputy premier started on him. He should have fought the suspension and he would have won. That’s why it was a joke penalty!

You are right that the depth is there. Blore had an unbelievable debut last week and is destined for great things, barring injury. We have no idea why you let him go, we presume that High and Henry streets are so littered with young prospects, that social distancing is nigh impossible.

I rate Ivan a b- as a coach as he’s not exactly lifting young scruffs to the heights. Most factory coaches should have them playing well.

My troubles with him arise from his lies and deception when he left. He was in secret talks with you when he was being paid by us. He’s a sneak. Then he texted the players good bye. There are ways of doing things, and he slithered away in a cowardly fashion and let us down even further.

He sacrificed a number of relationships so he could spend more time with his son.

He let down thousands of wt sons, for his own desire to dominate his own kids time. Reports last year commented that Nate gets special treatment. I don’t know but I doubt it.

But Ivan seems committed to his own perception of dominating his kid, not the panthers.

At any rate, he hasn’t made amends to us and as a result, his disloyalty will always be thorn in the relationship. He’s as guilty as sin.

Then by the kiss, he doesn’t care. No compassion, no insight and no maturity. It’s all about Ivan even if the dad should have been arrested (and publically flogged) for stupidity. The kid should have gone home with Ivan I guess, despite my misgivings.

Thank you for your post.

Just f**k off you sad merkin

Jane Murray

Bench
Some good insights.

Thank you for your post.
Do you want 50 cents so you can call someone who cares?

Kilkenny

Coach
Some good insights.

Thank you for your post.

You need to condense the length of your post’s. I have no problems reading your opinions but not one’s that take 5 minutes or so to read. Please shorten them for everyone’s benefit. I got to your paragraph about Shawn Blore and thereafter tuned out.

On Shawn, we allowed him to leave to pursue an opportunity where he would most likely graduate to the NRL sooner than he would if he had stayed with us. I think I speak for all our fans in saying we wish him well and hope he does turn into something special for the West Tigers. In saying that, it just re-inforces the different in our thinking, you guys still seem so bitter and keep banging on about Ivan Cleary when it is past history. Would we have liked to have kept Shawn Blore yes we would but it would have deprived the kid of realising his NRL dream so we did what was right for the player and we as a club should be respected for that. Ivan hasn’t been on the bus for almost two years now and it is time to move on, save the angst for our clash at the back end of this season.

Kilkenny

Coach
Back to personal abuse, you are not the full quid.

Silverdale, by all means you are free to post on here and everywhere else. I don’t have a problem with it I just think the Ivan Cleary situation has been done to death and it really is past history. I have read a lot of your posts here and elsewhere and you do post some really intelligent stuff but I’m just not sure the Ivan Cleary stuff is doing you any favours on here. I really don’t.

You need to condense the length of your post’s. I have no problems reading your opinions but not one’s that take 5 minutes or so to read. Please shorten them for everyone’s benefit. I got to your paragraph about Shawn Blore and thereafter tuned out.

On Shawn, we allowed him to leave to pursue an opportunity where he would most likely graduate to the NRL sooner than he would if he had stayed with us. I think I speak for all our fans in saying we wish him well and hope he does turn into something special for the West Tigers. In saying that, it just re-inforces the different in our thinking, you guys still seem so bitter and keep banging on about Ivan Cleary when it is past history. Would we have liked to have kept Shawn Blore yes we would but it would have deprived the kid of realising his NRL dream so we did what was right for the player and we as a club should be respected for that. Ivan hasn’t been on the bus for almost two years now and it is time to move on, save the angst for our clash at the back end of this season.
Silverdale, by all means you are free to post on here and everywhere else. I don’t have a problem with it I just think the Ivan Cleary situation has been done to death and it really is past history. I have read a lot of your posts here and elsewhere and you do post some really intelligent stuff but I’m just not sure the Ivan Cleary stuff is doing you any favours on here. I really don’t.

I’m not here to win friends, but I take your point and I’ll never be back.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Some good insights.

Thank you for your post.

Was any of this worth reading?

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m not here to win friends, but I take your point and I’ll never be back.

Well I was not saying that at all and it would be somewhat sad if you think that way.

I repeat I have read a lot of your stuff and you are good value I was simply saying the Ivan Cleary leaving the West Tigers is over, done and ancient history.

As I said in the first instance most fans on here are so happy for Shawn Blore and the fact he has made his debut. No bitterness, no complaining it is what it is and he is a West Tiger now and we are happy for your club. I think the same respect should be applied in reverse and just accept Ivan had a burning ambition to coach a side containing his son and it is what it is.