What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Ivan

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Most of your people are fine, Banter with Tigers fans is usually a bit of fun & good natured. A few knobs cant be helped.
Ugh. Sod off mate.

The rare tigers fan that tries to be a bell end is left to the wolves by the rest of us. We don't have the heart to defend it, or anything else really.

Just like our team, sometimes. A real synergy of ideals, aspirations and comedy!

soc123_au

Staff member
Ugh. Sod off mate.

The rare tigers fan that tries to be a bell end is left to the wolves by the rest of us. We don't have the heart to defend it, or anything else really.

Just like our team, sometimes. A real synergy of ideals, aspirations and comedy!

Your team showed plenty of heart Saturday. Madge seems to have that part sorted out.

The_Frog

First Grade
The bloke mouthing off at Ivan seems to have been lauded as some sort of hero by the Wests Tigers management. The media have tended to focus on Ivan rather than the spectator. Makes me think of the incident at Penrith a couple of years ago with Inglis and Gagai. The spectators mouthing off were banned from attending future games. What was the difference? As if we don't know. This is a huge demerit on the NRL that two incidents so similar have been treated so differently.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
The bloke mouthing off at Ivan seems to have been lauded as some sort of hero by the Wests Tigers management. The media have tended to focus on Ivan rather than the spectator. Makes me think of the incident at Penrith a couple of years ago with Inglis and Gagai. The spectators mouthing off were banned from attending future games. What was the difference? As if we don't know. This is a huge demerit on the NRL that two incidents so similar have been treated so differently.
Here's the reality;

The fan was a bit of a knob.

Ivan was a bit of a knob on a national broadcast wearing Panthers gear.

Both of them were knobs.

The end

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Your team showed plenty of heart Saturday. Madge seems to have that part sorted out.
Yep, a loss is never fun, but at least they had a real go. Like the loss to the Saints in the 2010 finals, the tigers played so well. Copped a ribbing from dragons supporter friends, but just said how rare it is for a team to play that well and lose, so proud of the effort

soc123_au

Staff member

Racist shit trumps just being a f**kwit. Carrying on like that in front of a 12 yo especially your own kid deserves something other than praise though.

soc123_au

Staff member
Yep, a loss is never fun, but at least they had a real go. Like the loss to the Saints in the 2010 finals, the tigers played so well. Copped a ribbing from dragons supporter friends, but just said how rare it is for a team to play that well and lose, so proud of the effort
I felt much the same a few weeks ago when Parra got us.

GongPanther

Referee
He pointed at the scoreboard after a 12 year old tigers supporter gave him the thumbs up.

Just process that for a moment. A 12 year old kid got under the skin of a fully grown professional coach on a million a year. Lols
God you are a fooking loose canon. The kid gave Cleary a thumbs up, and Cleary gave him a thumbs up in return.

So stop trying to change the facts. How dumb does one have to be to realise that other ppl read the same article thus:

'Embarrassed': Tigers fan issues apology to Ivan Cleary, Panthers after kiss video goes viral

The Tigers supporter who spurred Ivan Cleary to blow kisses at him and point at the scoreboard after Penrith's win on Saturday night has issued a formal apology after he was found to have shouted expletives at the Panthers coach.

Nicholas Zorbas sent the apology to Ivan and the Panthers via email on Sunday, accepting in the email that his actions were wrong.

Zorbas was at the Saturday night match at Bankwest Stadium with his 12-year-old son, where the Tigers lost 12-19.

On Sunday, the Herald revealed that post-match, Zorbas' son turned to Cleary to give a thumbs up with the head coach returning the favour.

The action led Zorbas to launch into a tirade of expletives, yelling at Cleary before the coach pointed at the scoreboard and blew kisses at the pair.

"The pointing to the scoreboard, sarcastic clapping and blowing kisses was from me after I told him what I thought of the way he treated our club," Zorbas said on social media before issuing the apology. "Think I hate Penrith more than the Bunnies and Dogs now. Was so angry at FT. We were gallant and unlucky on so many occasions - and just let fire to a person I lost all respect for after how he treated our club. Hope my boy doesn't remember some of the words I used.

"Was fed up. That ref was pathetic, the rub of the green went against us and I just really hate him and how he shafted us last season. Don't get me started on his son."

Out of respect, the Panthers did not wish to release the apology in full but said Zorbas stated that he had "embarrassed himself, his family and Wests Tigers" with his actions.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/em...er-kiss-video-goes-viral-20200706-p559e9.html

Latest posts