What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Paul, just what we want to hear!

samshark

Juniors
Gallen could also jump ship

31/07/2008 12:52:30 PM
Adam Lucius

Sportal

Test star Paul Gallen has revealed he may activate a get-out clause in his Cronulla contract to join the player exodus overseas.
The Sharks skipper admitted he will seriously consider a move to the UK Super League - or European rugby - at the end of the 2009 NRL season despite having two years to run on his current deal.
"I wouldn't break my current contract but I do have a clause (that) in a couple of years I can leave," he said on Thursday.
"I think players have got to be open for all options these days."
"I'll be 28 (in '09) and hopefully in some good form … heading overseas these days they're not wanting players at the end of the career, they're wanting guys still in form."
"The perfect example is (Melbourne's) Michael Crocker. I'll be the same age as him."
"It's a good opportunity to make some really good money and play some good football over there."
Gallen has watched the Sonny Bill Williams saga unfold with interest, declaring: "I don't blame him for going for the money that he's been offered."
"He could have waited until the end of the season but I can't blame him for going for that sort of money."
Asked if he had a message for French rugby scouts, Gallen joked: "Ring me."
"I've never played rugby but for that sort of money I'd dance for them if they wanted me to."
"It'd be interesting in a couple of years' time if an opportunity came up."
Gallen's team-mate Greg Bird, who returns from injury against the Dragons on Saturday night, insists he's not interested in leaving the NRL.
"I think a contract is a contract. 'Gal' is the sort of bloke who'd probably chase a bit of cash - he loves the colour green," Bird smiled.
"I signed for five years and I'll be here for five."

http://sportal.com.au/League-news-display/gallen-could-also-jump-ship-53508

spider

Coach
"I wouldn't break my current contract but I do have a clause (that) in a couple of years I can leave," he said on Thursday
i would hazard a guess that while stuart is here - gallen is here

spider

Coach
remember gallen wanted out toward the end of the roper run

then after a meeting with club officials he changed his mind to which shortly after the appointment of stuart was announced

Quigs

Immortal
My friends I heard an interview on the ABC radio today.. sorry not an interview, comment attributed to the Frog Squillionare that owns the club that $B Dubyah is meant to be going to.

He is down as saying that S B Dubyah will be on about the same dosh he was on in the NRL... no where near the 3 million talk.

Who knows, who gives a flying.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Vossy

Bench
WHY THE F*CK...is there a get out clause in his contract?..THERE SHOULD BE NO GET OUT CLAUSES IN CONTRACTS!..thats the smart thing to do if your a club

guess what gallen..SBW will be offered the same amount of money he was on at the dogs..the toulon club ceo said that 3 mill in 2 years was rubbish.

so much for saying he wanted to be like hindmarsh and be a one club man player..

least bird is a legend

Last edited:

The Dodger

First Grade
we have a few second rowers coming through the ranks.

but lets not forget he has been our leading tackler and runner among other stats for a while now.

Vossy

Bench
the comments sound bad but apparently they were light hearted comments..need to see the interview..**off to watch the interview**

Barromundi

Juniors
You tool Gallen!

Some things should be kept to yourself especially as a captain when your team is in the finals hunt and they are looking for leadership and inspiration. Thats just piss poor! Give Birdie the Captancy, he would be a loss but in my opinion he doesnt really have captain qualities.

Gall, you have now dropped from my 2nd favourite player to about my 2oth........of course the bird man is 1st.

Think you idiot!

Who says Union would want you anyway.

cityshark

Juniors
I dont blame Gall or SBW. If some Frog wants to throw that sort of money about or a UK Super League club wants to match it , I say to any player , good luck off you go. But they will be back , they only last a couple of years then they want to come back to OZ and play in a real comp. Anyway there are plenty of young guys coming through to take their spots. Go for the bucks Gall ,at least your honest and you will still probably top the tackles and meters gained on Saturday and plenty more Saturdays.

squiddy

Juniors
Geeze guys I wouldnt be too worked up over this , the interview was just on Telly and Gal was giggling the whole way through it looking at Birdy who in turn accused Gal of being money hungry and "loving the green stuff" . i think these 2 guys were putting it on for the benefit of the cameras , the written report of the interview is totally different to the actual interview. Gal actually said he wouldnt go anywhere till his contract was up .

Actually I'm more worried Gal looked like a little school girl with all his giggling :lol:.

It was funny when asked what he wanted the french to do and he repeated several times "ring me ring me ring me":D

The Dodger

First Grade
figures.

those two have become a bit of an act these days.

and the media loves it.

lap it up fellas!

Latest posts