What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Paul, just what we want to hear!

Inferno

Coach
I remember Ben Ross declining to answer a question about 2 years ago regarding whether he had a get-out contract or not.

Linking them to the coach is pretty stupid IMO, could lose your coach, and a couple of your best players in one foul swoop.

To be honest though, we'd still have Bird, Wombat, Toops, Ando and perhaps Millington. While not ideal, we'd probably be ok.

BWNB

First Grade
Not what you wanna hear your captain say, pretty disappointing and stupid at the same time.

Vossy

Bench
phew..comments not as bad when you hear him say it

he will be getting on in his career...

bird should be captain..we have some promising backrowers coming through, gallen has served us proud..

just hope we win a premiership while he is here, least bird is committed..i couldnt handle losing him, sticky will put a rocket up gallen for those comments, gallen was laughing through the interview and bird ripped into him about it

Last edited:

samshark

Juniors
Well the premiership better come next year then Vossy cause he mighten be here after that.

I havent seen the TV footage but it is poor form IMO.
Exactly what purpose does it serve to make these comments? Bloody dumb.

I mean one day he is asking the fans to get out there on Saturday and break the record then the next day he is talking about get out clauses and playing overseas at the end of next year. Thanks Paul.

I dont begrudge players earning the big bucks overseas if its offered but why even say it and this week of all weeks. Would be nice to hear our captain pledging his loyalty to the club.

Quigs

Immortal
Won't see the interview up here for sure, so what was the interview shown on.

I'm not getting overly worked up over it.

Crikey does the bloke really look disinterested when he is captaining us. Not bloody likely. He is warts and all.

Watch him go this saturday night.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

coolumsharkie

Referee
Geeze guys I wouldnt be too worked up over this , the interview was just on Telly and Gal was giggling the whole way through it looking at Birdy who in turn accused Gal of being money hungry and "loving the green stuff" . i think these 2 guys were putting it on for the benefit of the cameras , the written report of the interview is totally different to the actual interview. Gal actually said he wouldnt go anywhere till his contract was up .

Actually I'm more worried Gal looked like a little school girl with all his giggling :lol:.

It was funny when asked what he wanted the french to do and he repeated several times "ring me ring me ring me":D

Thats hilarious!!

Who did the interview ? I wanna see it now.

Quigs

Immortal
Did you hear the latest from gay Paree. (It was on the Morning Show today - reported by Voss.)

Apparently Serge Blanco famous frog union player with some 90 plus test matches to his name and who happens to be the current President of the French Domestic Rugby Yawnion has not heard of this $BW deal.

BUT....

He strongly advises $onny Boy to return to Sydney and complete his contractual terms till the end of the year. As Serge has strong opinions when it comes to players with Sporting Contracts .... It was reported also that Serge apparently did not know that $BW is only down one year of a five year deal.

Again it was mentioned that $BW will only be on the same whoppy as he was going to get with the doggies.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Dommie

Juniors
I don't understand how forwards think they are going to be offered big bucks to play union - they won't make it. Sonny Bill will play in the backs - Mason etc couldn't.

sharks8601

Juniors
His get out clause is for super league only
Zapps has come out and told gal to read his contract
but they still have big dollars. if you see the interview its not as serious as it looks

coolumsharkie

Referee
Did you hear the latest from gay Paree. (It was on the Morning Show today - reported by Voss.)

Apparently Serge Blanco famous frog union player with some 90 plus test matches to his name and who happens to be the current President of the French Domestic Rugby Yawnion has not heard of this $BW deal.

BUT....

He strongly advises $onny Boy to return to Sydney and complete his contractual terms till the end of the year. As Serge has strong opinions when it comes to players with Sporting Contracts .... It was reported also that Serge apparently did not know that $BW is only down one year of a five year deal.

Again it was mentioned that $BW will only be on the same whoppy as he was going to get with the doggies.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Thats the thing isn't it Quigs? Loyalty to a club and an agreement etc etc is a universal attitude. I'd laugh if they (Tolous) knocked it on the head becuase of the way he's conducted himself.

newman

First Grade
Bloody hell people.
Obviously the bloke is having a bit of a laugh.
Chill out.

You do realise that the hysterical attitudes alot of fans have about 'owning' players is hated by 99.9% of NRL players?

The Dodger

First Grade
very true newman.

todays tele mentioned him saying it and didnt even note that they were having a laugh about it.

Quigs

Immortal
It's all part of the dark side.

The tele wants to make it out like it is a ridgy didge story, when those that matter all know it is a joke.

The telecrap doesn't want to be seen as being a stooge fallguy.

I only hope that our boys keep feeding them sh!t and they keep falling for it.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Frenzy.

Immortal
Bloody hell people.
Obviously the bloke is having a bit of a laugh.
Chill out.

You do realise that the hysterical attitudes alot of fans have about 'owning' players is hated by 99.9% of NRL players?

Thankyou

dolph_sharkphin

Juniors
Not good for the Sharks, not good for League. We are losing too many. NRL have to do something to stem the flow. Maybe Bird should be captain as stated earlier.

Latest posts