What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thankyou Luke Rooney

Hurriflatch

Referee
WEll if I'm blind I'm not the only one this from Foxsports website:

Origin II: by the clock
June 17, 2004

STATE of Origin II by the clock between Queensland and NSW at Suncorp Stadium last night.

First half:
1m: Queensland hooker Cameron Smith kicks offs.
4m: NSW winger Timana Tahu scores the opening try after Maroons fullback Rhys Wesser fails to control a Matt Gidley grubber which bounces awkwardly. Craig Fitzgibbon's conversion attempt hits the left upright. NSW 4-0.
9m: Blues fullback Anthony Minichiello is denied a try because his team-mate and decoy runner Nathan Hindmarsh impedes the Queensland defence.
11m: Maroons butcher a try as Dane Carlaw throws a poor pass to winger Billy Slater when the NSW defensive line was stretched.
16m: Wesser drops a towering Brett Finch bomb and NSW regain possession. Seconds later Fitzgibbon kicks a goal after the Maroons are penalised for a leg pull on Brent Kite. NSW 6-0.
20m: Wesser saves a try with a text-book cover tackle on NSW winger Luke Rooney, who looked set to score in the left corner after running onto a Brad Fittler pass. Rooney ignored Finch inside him.
30m: Hindmarsh makes a 60m run on the second tackle and is hauled down by Chris Flannery. A few plays later Wesser does well to clean up a Craig Wing grubber and get back into the field of play.
34m: Slater scores Queensland's first try, running onto a Wesser inside ball and then sprinting 20m to line. Smith converts to level the scores. NSW 6 QLD 6.
37m: The Maroons show desperate defence to stop NSW from scoring following a Tahu bust. Rooney kills the momentum by kicking a grubber which goes dead.
40m: The deadly Gidley-Tahu combination strikes again on the back of a incisive dummy-half run from NSW skipper Danny Buderus. Gidley got on the outside of Flannery and Slater came in off his wing, allowing Gidley to flick pass to Tahu, who raced 30m to score in the right corner. Fitzgibbon converts from the sideline.
NSW 12-6 at halftime.

Second half:
41m: Fittler kicks off for the Blues.
44m: Willie Tonga scoops up a long ball from Maroons skipper Darren Lockyer and scores in the left corner following a charging run by prop Shane Webcke. Smith's conversion attempt fails to reach the posts. NSW 12-10.
51m: Queensland halfback Scott Prince makes a break and passes inside to Flannery, who looked certain to score but dropped the ball with the try-line beckoning.
56m: Fittler penalised for illegally stripping the ball from Maroons prop Steve Price. Lockyer misses the penalty goal from 20m out and right of the sticks.
63m: Slater scores a try with a piece of individual brilliance. The winger regathers a Lockyer grubber on the halfway line, chips and regathers his own kick to score near the posts to put the home side in front for the first time. Prince converts. QLD 16-12.
67m: Two-try hero Slater puts a shoulder charge on Tahu, preventing his opposite number from scoring a hat-trick of tries.
68m: Maroons forward Dane Carlaw scores after picking up a Lockyer bomb after it was dropped by Tahu. Prince unsuccessful in his conversion attempt. QLD 20-12.
73m: Rooney brushes off Matt Sing to score in the left corner following a Willie Mason. Fitzgibbon converts under pressure to narrow the gap to two points and set up a thrilling finish.
77m: Fittler cut-out pass goes behind Rooney and over the sideline, giving Queensland vital possession.
79m: Blues pair Lewis and Fittler penalised for illegal strip on Maroons centre Paul Bowman 21m out from their own line. Smith lands the penalty goal with 20 seconds left on the clock.
80m: Blues kick-off too deep, Smith takes tackle. Maroons win 22-18.
Final score: QLD 22 NSW 18.

AAP

As I said I'll admit blaming him for the loss was over the top but there are better options.

Hornby to FB, Mini to wing
or
Cooper on wing

are just two

Pantherjim.

Referee
Yeah, but from my point of view Finch looked to be well marked by the Queensland defence.... Why shouldn't Rooney have had a go himself?

Pantherjim.

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

Sato

Juniors
exactly i said someone was there but they were marked....god....ur blind...read my post again.

Sato

Juniors
if he passed and finch got tackled...dropped the ball, it got intercepted...you be oh why didn't he run it himself to the corner?

anyway if anyone cost us the mach it was butter fingers tahu.

fish

Juniors
I love some NSW supporters,"drop him cause he made a mistake" classics.Tahu scored 2 great tries but drops a bomb,he is no good.Rooney ran strongly all game and took alot of pressure off the forwards but he didn't throw a pass when he should of,he is no good.Mini ran the ball back and made good meters all night but drops a couple of passes,he is no good.It makes me laugh.