What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanx Barrett but... your an idiot!

Stagger eel

Staff member
gee it's amazing what a win can do..:roll:

I'm sure we'll compete, but it won't be enough.

Eelectrica

Referee
Looking at what they did to Newcastle, I think the Dragons will be okay without Barret. I guess our task isn't quite as difficult with him missing, but we're still very much up against it.
The Dragons are not a one man team as they have proven time after time.

We're going to need the ref to throw a few 50/50's in our direction to win I think. God knows they owe us a few.

Suitman

Post Whore
Hollywood Jesus said:
Redback and WC - the correct abbreviation of "you are" is "you're" and not "your".

:lol:

We'll get there one day HJ.............one day!!! :lol:

Suity

wittyz chick

Coach
meh ... can't be bothered I save proper writing for english ...

I for one am not very confident about this game ... because of this thread!!

bartman

Immortal
The win v Roosters will do wonders for JT and the team's confidence.

Whether that's enough to beat St George, with or without Barrett - I don't know. But it's enough to compete and be in with a shot - which is better than at certain stages earlier in the season. So result aside I'll be happy if we stand up and be counted for the 80 mins in this one.

yy_cheng

Coach
Barty, I don't know if you caught the Drags vs Knights game but the Drags were playing their steam rolling game similar to the last few rounds last year. Not even Johnsy could get them out of it.

We are nowhere near what we were when we were minor premiers.

I reckon we'll be in it for 30 mins.

James_Hardie

Juniors
The only change to the team will be Barrett out, Gasnier to 5/8 and Cooper to centre. Ryles may come in for Payne or Wicks. With Gasnier no doubt keen to impress as a 5/8 and coming off an MOM performance, i struggle to see why you are confident enough to call this a "gift".

Add to that it is the first game at Kogarah in 06, the opening of the new stands and lights, and they have even more to play for.

Then of course there is the fact that we are still not setting the world on fire, have no half back and struggled to beat an out of form Roosters.

I am hopeful and think there is a few things in our favour, but to call this a "gift"....:?

Better get a loan form the bank because we are going to be outsiders at about $2.35ish (maybe more), and if you are that confdent it will be easy money.

bartman

Immortal
yy_cheng said:
Barty, I don't know if you caught the Drags vs Knights game but the Drags were playing their steam rolling game similar to the last few rounds last year. Not even Johnsy could get them out of it.

We are nowhere near what we were when we were minor premiers.

I reckon we'll be in it for 30 mins.
Haven't seen it yet, watched our game as first priority ;-). When St George get their pack going and the backs chiming in then they're hard to stop. But can they do that two weeks in a row?

As long as we compete and don't get our ....s handed back to us, then I'll be happy enough. And if we're still in it after 50 minutes, then you never know...?

The Colonel

Immortal
1106.gif

The little fella above at his expletive filled best will tell you much less politely what I think of this thread.......

We will have to be at our best to get past the Drag-ons and I'm not sure our best is going to be on show quite yet. I won't put it past our boys to wreck another celebration as they have in the past but to label Friday night a gift?

1181.gif

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
1106.gif

The little fella above at his expletive filled best will tell you much less politely what I think of this thread.......

We will have to be at our best to get past the Drag-ons and I'm not sure our best is going to be on show quite yet. I won't put it past our boys to wreck another celebration as they have in the past but to label Friday night a gift?

and even our best mightn't be enough against this mob..

Nickeel

Juniors
If this isn't a DANGER GAME, I don't know what is.

But I seriously feel we can get the cash.

Nick

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:
and even our best mightn't be enough against this mob..

If we play at our best, we will beat any side in the comp.

The problem is, we are still a light year away from playing not just at our best, but for the full 80 minutes.

Even 15 minutes with our foot off the pedal on friday night will see us put to the sword.

The Colonel

Immortal
There seems to be a much better attitude amongst the players at the moment. A lot happier atmosphere that hasn't been as evident for much of the season. Reggies and injured players lining up in the tunnel to cheer out firsts, a few yahoos and a lot more clapping as the run out - its definitely a noticeable turn around for mine since the last home game. If they can carry this on we are a chance - but that has to happen for 80 minutes.

Latest posts