What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That is why origin > tests

ANTiLAG

First Grade
So he won an Oscar for the equivalent of state of origin then :lol:

Christ, you're thick. By that completely ill thought out logic of supporting actor being origin, it would mean that he never cut it at test level, or lead actor oscar.

Tone, you don't have the skills to be cute with arguments. Don't even try. You're just a brute. Just take the hit ups, leave the ball play to the halves. You defeat your own arguments with your innate stupidity.

Last edited:

Fire

First Grade
400 posts :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Surely we've reached an answer, folks. So which is it? Origin or Tests?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Let them start their own State V State comp FFS....!!
New Zealand doesn't have states.

We've done enough to lift the NZRL quality since we let them play in the NRL
We gave you Kiwi players before and after.

and the UK, what with it's hordes of ex-OZ NRL players and UK players in the current NRL.
Its called a global market. Supply and demand goes both ways. Christ lookat all the kiwis involved in origin, from coaches to players. You've done alright.
When is enough......enough ??

I get sick to death of Australians teaching foreigners how to play a sport to beat us.....

Errr, Australia did not invent rugby league. But here it is. You hate Aussie losing. Aussie cannot lose at origin. Thus it is the pinnacle? That your arugment?
You hate having lost tournaments so you make the tournaments meaningless? Nice try Fourex.
Time for NZRL and GB to stand on there own two f*cken feet

......for once!
And the world champions are?

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Point was already made in the post :?

Tone, you've already been shown not to be able to comprehend or count to five in this thread, and now you have shown you are illogical and thick when you tried to be cute with an analogy.

Just quit while your behind. You seriously make yourself look like an idiot when you try to be cute, and defeat your own argument. It does no-one any good.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Errr, Australia did not invent rugby league. But here it is. You hate Aussie losing. Aussie cannot lose at origin. Thus it is the pinnacle? That your arugment?

No......as usual, you've failed to comprehend what's written in front of you.

The comment I made in reference to Australian players and coaches teaching you ingrates how to play RL, was a reaction to someone suggesting that we allow NZ to compete in SOO.

The gist of what I said was, no.....f*ck off and start your own god damn comp.

NZ is like the friend who asks you if it's alright to sleep on your couch for a couple of nights .....then gets the shits when you boot them out after a year.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
No......as usual, you've failed to comprehend what's written in front of you.
Well that is no surprise when the stuff you write is incomprehensible. Refer to my sig.

The comment I made in reference to Australian players and coaches teaching you ingrates how to play RL, was a reaction to someone suggesting that we allow NZ to compete in SOO.
Who was the Queensland coach in 1991, again? I forgot.

NZ is like the friend who asks you if it's alright to sleep on your couch for a couple of nights .....then gets the shits when you boot them out after a year.

Any Kiwis sleeping on your couch raises the present average IQ of both your household and New Zealand.

Tone, you've already been shown not to be able to comprehend or count to five in this thread, and now you have shown you are illogical and thick when you tried to be cute with an analogy.

Just quit while your behind. You seriously make yourself look like an idiot when you try to be cute, and defeat your own argument. It does no-one any good.

Of the last 5 We've won more international rugby league tournaments than NZ. We currently won the last international tournament. Working our way back through history starting from 2011 NZ can only equal and not over take Australia's trophy cabinet number

2011 Aus - 1
2010 NZ - 1*
2009 - Aus - 2
2008 - NZ - 2*
2006 - Aus - 3
2005 - NZ - 3
2000 - Aus - 4

NB* = the only time NZ have defeat Australia since January 1, 2006.

Checkmate. Tell me again about Australia not being the dominant force in rugby league.

Use all the stupid movie analogies you like. 2 wins in 6 years. NZ couldn't even make the final in 2011 lol

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Now you're getting it. Stick to doing the hit ups.

So, what you're basically saying is, that since NSW last won origin, NZ has won three international tournaments? So NSW will again steal NZers to reverse their fortunes.

*nods*

I know this already, Tone.

But Queenzland are wise to this, look for them to select Slamin' Sam Kasiano (NZ).

Origin: just another way for foreigners to get a paycheck in Australia since 1980.

International Rugby League's World Cup: the pinnacle of Rugby League.

Last edited:

Mr Fourex

Bench
Who was the Queensland coach in 1991, again? I forgot.

Why don't you ask Wayne Bennett. I'm sure he looked around whilst he was coaching the NZ side. Must have bumped into somebody who knew something ........ then again maybe not.

After all, what was Wayne doing there in the first place?

Oh that's right. Teaching NZ how to play RL......

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Why don't you ask Wayne Bennett. I'm sure he looked around whilst he was coaching the NZ side. Must have bumped into somebody who knew something ........ then again maybe not.

After all, what was Wayne doing there in the first place?

Oh that's right. Teaching NZ how to play RL......

And that really upsets you, right?

Sook.

Coastbloke

Bench
The OP has got to be the award for biggest dribble of the year...

SOO is a overblown, overhyped myth..Of course the games are going to be brutal if you turn a blind eye to foul play..Case in point..Adrian Morley sent off less than a minute after kick off after a high hit on Robbie Kearns in 2001 or so on a Kangaroo Tour..If that was SOO, Morley would have been lucky to get 10 in the bin with Gould dribbling what an "origin tackle" it was..

Fact is, Tests are played under the rules of rugby league with International refs playing it by the rules..

If you played Tests under the SOO rules they would be just as brutal..In fact some Tests HAVE been just as brutal without the need for SOO foul play..

The other fact of the matter is that TV, Commentators and other sections of the media pull out all stops to SELL SOO but pretty much ignore Tests..

Trust me, if SOO was pulled back to just 1 match and then we had 3 match Test series ala the Bloodyslow Cup - gave the Test series as much hype and media space as SOO the same attraction would apply..The Telecrap last week had all sorts of hype and liftouts and blah blah blah...

Put the same effort into Tests and we would get the same result..We get 30,000 to a Test in Melbourne for the 4Ns but sell out Etihad for SOO..Why don't you check the media coverage for the two matches to see why the Test was short 20,000...Same with the 2006 Australia vs GB match at SFS in the TNs and the final a couple of weeks later in extra time between the Kangaroos and NZ..Both easily on par with a needed to be hyped SOO without the media coverage and short 20,000 spectators because of it..

By the way SOO is 34 of Australia's best players, so you would think 17 of those 34 would be the best of the best, but it's 17 Kiwis who took the World Cup..

And finally, if you were a Australian player sitting in a pub in some country like the US or Europe and telling them about your exploits, I can think what I'd be rather be saying to them..I played a SOO at Suncorp (confused looks) or I played a World Cup at Cardiff, Wembley or Old Trafford (Instant recognition)

Test > SOO..

Last edited:

Springs

First Grade
SOO > all other sporting events in Australia and no amount of tears will change that.

That's not the debate. The debate is what the highest form of rugby league is, which is clearly test level. The 17 best players in Australia.

Dresden Dan

Juniors
The OP has got to be the award for biggest dribble of the year...

SOO is a overblown, overhyped myth..Of course the games are going to be brutal if you turn a blind eye to foul play..Case in point..Adrian Morley sent off less than a minute after kick off after a high hit on Robbie Kearns in 2001 or so on a Kangaroo Tour..If that was SOO, Morley would have been lucky to get 10 in the bin with Gould dribbling what an "origin tackle" it was..

Fact is, Tests are played under the rules of rugby league with International refs playing it by the rules..

If you played Tests under the SOO rules they would be just as brutal..In fact some Tests HAVE been just as brutal without the need for SOO foul play..

The other fact of the matter is that TV, Commentators and other sections of the media pull out all stops to SELL SOO but pretty much ignore Tests..

Trust me, if SOO was pulled back to just 1 match and then we had 3 match Test series ala the Bloodyslow Cup - gave the Test series as much hype and media space as SOO the same attraction would apply..The Telecrap last week had all sorts of hype and liftouts and blah blah blah...

Put the same effort into Tests and we would get the same result..We get 30,000 to a Test in Melbourne for the 4Ns but sell out Etihad for SOO..Why don't you check the media coverage for the two matches to see why the Test was short 20,000...Same with the 2006 Australia vs GB match at SFS in the TNs and the final a couple of weeks later in extra time between the Kangaroos and NZ..Both easily on par with a needed to be hyped SOO without the media coverage and short 20,000 spectators because of it..

By the way SOO is 34 of Australia's best players, so you would think 17 of those 34 would be the best of the best, but it's 17 Kiwis who took the World Cup..

And finally, if you were a Australian player sitting in a pub in some country like the US or Europe and telling them about your exploits, I can think what I'd be rather be saying to them..I played a SOO at Suncorp (confused looks) or I played a World Cup at Cardiff, Wembley or Old Trafford (Instant recognition)

Test > SOO..

You should be on the IC running the game. Agree 100%.

Springs

First Grade
NZ has only won 2 games against Australia since 2006 and both just happened to be in the final of a tournament.

International soccer is actually relevant though unlike rugby league. As an individual match it's arguably the biggest in the sport though.

Right, you call yourself a league fan but bag out the game for no reason other than because you want to be a f**king prick about it.

I love how all the international haters claim Australia's dominance as detrimental. I guess Queensland's dominance is a good thing then?

Joker's Wild

Coach
Now you're getting it. Stick to doing the hit ups.

So, what you're basically saying is, that since NSW last won origin, NZ has won three international tournaments? So NSW will again steal NZers to reverse their fortunes.

*nods*

I know this already, Tone.

But Queenzland are wise to this, look for them to select Slamin' Sam Kasiano (NZ).

Origin: just another way for foreigners to get a paycheck in Australia since 1980.

International Rugby League's World Cup: the pinnacle of Rugby League.

Foreign mercinaries have been filling the ranks of Int'l teams since before the inception of the WC.

I guess you think guys like Sims, Fitzhenry, Tuiaki, Bukuya, etc played for other nations for the love of their mother countries, not the extra coin playing in the WC brought.

The Wc motto should be "Not good enough for SOO? Do we have an Int'l minnow for you!"

Latest posts