What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"That's not a forward pass you clown!"

The_Shield

Juniors
It has been like forever Shield.

The motion of running forward can and does result in the ball floating forward over distance. As long as it is passed back from the hands, it is play on. Other factors such as wind can also impact where the ball lands.

If it's backward out of the hands the player has not thrown it forward.

Pretty simple really.

Yeah no I get that. But I believe that players should have to account for momentum and wind. It's not that hard, I mean if I can do it then professional rugby league players should be able to do it

betcats

Referee
To be fair, they exceeded preseason expectation, were exciting to watch and whilst some dumb errors cost them, they should be proud of their side for 2016

Yeah I thinks that how they would be feeling. Their performances this year suggest they will be thereabouts for the next few years atleast, its a good feeling coming from a fan of a team in a similar situation despite that disappointment of being knocked out this year.

betcats

Referee
Yeah no I get that. But I believe that players should have to account for momentum and wind. It's not that hard, I mean if I can do it then professional rugby league players should be able to do it

Can you do it though? Post a video of you sprinting and passing a ball completely backwards with no forward movement at all. Don't worry, we will wait.

The_Shield

Juniors
Can you do it though? Post a video of you sprinting and passing a ball completely backwards with no forward movement at all. Don't worry, we will wait.

I'm sure there are plenty of videos out there of people running and throwing the ball behind them

Apey

Staff member
In the case of forward passes, I suggest if the ball travels toward the opponents dead ball line from the passer's hands, it is forward.

Haha some people just have no idea.

Right boys no throwing passes at pace.

Apey

Staff member
Seriously it is not that hard to throw a ball backwards. But everybody seems to be fine with having it travel forward. I don't get it

So in the case of where someone is running fast and they throw it backwards over their head.... but it ends up 1m in front of where they threw it from... you want this to be a forward pass?

betcats

Referee
I'm sure there are plenty of videos out there of people running and throwing the ball behind them

You said you can do it though. Prove it or shut up about it. Its f**king impossible for a human moving at speed to throw a pass that doesn't travel forward with momentum. Impossible. It physically cannot be done. So if you are some kind of superhero that can do it, than show us.

The_Shield

Juniors
You said you can do it though. Prove it or shut up about it. Its f**king impossible for a human moving at speed to throw a pass that doesn't travel forward with momentum. Impossible. It physically cannot be done. So if you are some kind of superhero that can do it, than show us.

Impossible, really??

All you have to do is aim a little bit further back

The_Shield

Juniors
So in the case of where someone is running fast and they throw it backwards over their head.... but it ends up 1m in front of where they threw it from... you want this to be a forward pass?

If it goes forward from where he threw it from then yes

betcats

Referee
Impossible, really??

Bullshit, you can throw it straight behind you and momentum is still going to play its part if you are running at full speed or near it, you can compensate for momentum but you can't just remove it completely that is just ridiculous.

The_Shield

Juniors
Bullshit, you can throw it straight behind you and momentum is still going to play its part if you are running at full speed or near it, you can compensate for momentum but you can't just remove it completely that is just ridiculous.

Who said anything about removing momentum. I'm talking about catching the ball behind where it was thrown from

Raiderdave

First Grade
Nothing, but it's fun to laugh at how crap your team is and sometimes you Donkey fans need to be reminded. Especially when you get involved in debates not concerning you.

Wighton let go of him quick enough as far as I'm concerned. He allowed Koroibete to his feet, and then Marika walked 2-3 steps directly into him to milk it. The ref fell for it, and was influenced by the ol' 10 finger salute by the Storm twats in support. If Munster does the same thing on the same night, it's not a sin-binning.

Many in the media think the better team lost, I tend to agree with them but I won't be losing sleep over it. Even if we won, we had 4-5 guys injured during the game. It was just not our night. We showed we're the most courageous club in the comp by staying in touch with the Storm. We'll be back though, and the rest of the comp will be forced to respect us next year.
Impossible, really??

Hahahahahahaha
And it still goes forward you dribbling spastic

It has to
Go.back to school & learn the laws of physics

betcats

Referee
Who said anything about removing momentum. I'm talking about catching the ball behind where it was thrown from

Which means you need to remove the momentum. Players running would have to throw the ball directly behind them and still large percentages would float in front of where it was thrown from. This kind of rule would completely change rugby league we'd have guys slowing to a jog or walk to pass the ball.