What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ‘Anything and Everything’ Thread

Quigs

Immortal
I am in the vulnerable age group so you all need to look after me. Plus I am manning the border gates into The Park. We have shoot on sight orders.

For the record the 2nd jab is booked in for the 28th Sept.

I have no problems whatsoever having it.

I still remember as a kid watching a classmate returning to Kirrawee Primary with his legs bound by these strange metal braces. Polio was a prick of a disease. That was in the early 60's.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I am in the vulnerable age group so you all need to look after me. Plus I am manning the border gates into The Park. We have shoot on sight orders.

For the record the 2nd jab is booked in for the 28th Sept.

I have no problems whatsoever having it.

I still remember as a kid watching a classmate returning to Kirrawee Primary with his legs bound by these strange metal braces. Polio was a prick of a disease. That was in the early 60's.
I wasn’t around but the words around an iron lung should put the fear in anyone.
My old man is full on conspiracy theorist, in his 70’s and hates everything - but polio and the chaos around it meant he was well warned - double jabbed early on.

PJ

First Grade
I wasn’t around but the words around an iron lung should put the fear in anyone.
My old man is full on conspiracy theorist, in his 70’s and hates everything - but polio and the chaos around it meant he was well warned - double jabbed early on.

I think that's part of the issue in younger generations in the western world, really haven't seen what a disease can do and complacent as all hell.

A quick Google search of that website shows a huge list of 'fake news' reports.
So, keep up the conspiracy theories, Thick Headed Shark.
You might want to try reputable news sources to spread information. Just an idea.
Heil Trump.
WWG1WGA.
JFC.
Bubs in name Bubs in brain matter!

Whatever. Just make sure when you get your Ivermectin, it's the one for use in humans, and not the one to de-worm sheep. You'll find them both useless to treat Covid, but at least you won't poison yourself.
Heil Trump.
So are you implying 'heil Trump' is me? More like yourself! That Showman liar, with his 'warp speed' initiative has put us (the World) into the position where our Controllers are reveling in it. Divide & conquer The 'question everything's' against the 'trust Govt/MSM/Medical' types which you are obviously one. Contrary to what you think about me, my hope is that more of you will think carefully about your choices that will last a lifetime for yourself and kids! I must say it upsets me to see how many are without coercion lining up for the jab, for all different reasons, though in the end -had the jab or not-we are all passionate Sharks fans!

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Pretty sure the main reason is they dont want to die of covid. Like the people begging for a vaccine while they breath their last breath.

So are you implying 'heil Trump' is me? More like yourself! That Showman liar, with his 'warp speed' initiative has put us (the World) into the position where our Controllers are reveling in it. Divide & conquer The 'question everything's' against the 'trust Govt/MSM/Medical' types which you are obviously one. Contrary to what you think about me, my hope is that more of you will think carefully about your choices that will last a lifetime for yourself and kids! I must say it upsets me to see how many are without coercion lining up for the jab, for all different reasons, though in the end -had the jab or not-we are all passionate Sharks fans!
I get it mate.
I was put in a position of compromise about choices a while back. I lost my relationship because of it.
I looked at everything, and in a lot of ways I was never, ever, going to get stabbed by what was being endorsed.
I lost my job a month before the newest covid scare commenced. What that meant was that I was not allowed to get on any scheme that the govt. provided.
I've had to use my own money just to survive, I know there are many in this position, I'm not going to glamourise it. It has not been good.
3 x months now of no money coming in.
I found a way I could get work. I did a few courses, I made a few bends. The only hitch was that I had to get the needle.
I got it, under duress, but I got it.
I cannot go into what I have heard that is happening in the city hospitals, and who, and why, they are there.

I have hardly made it through these last 12 x weeks. Another 4 x weeks would have made me a statistic, and I'm not ready to be a statistic just yet.
I got a jab and went to work.
Different horses for courses, I understand that. I hope it all works out for you mate.

Generalzod

Immortal
Its incredible to think that years of preparation and planning and the millions spent on these French sub which where going to be build Australia ain’t going to seethe light of day, so when this government complains about government debt and Vilifies the unemployed for being bludgers, gives little raises to pension , it’s tax payers, when they f**k up it’s their money…

carinashark

First Grade
T
Its incredible to think that years of preparation and planning and the millions spent on these French sub which where going to be build Australia ain’t going to seethe light of day, so when this government complains about government debt and Vilifies the unemployed for being bludgers, gives little raises to pension , it’s tax payers, when they f**k up it’s their money…
Totaly agree. It’s the citizen’s money. Stop wasting it!

Sounds like a pretty tough few months BBB…. hope things are on the up for you now.
I'm killing it mate, thanks for your words. A whole new vocation and career, and essential worker so to speak.
I'm neither anti vaxx nor pro vac, I am pro choice.
I respect people's desires and positions. I am now glad that I did get vaccinated, and I am content as in the end it was my choice. I may have done it under duress at the time, but I now have no regrets.
Basically my lockdown ended a.month ago. I am out talking and meeting new people every day, I have had to deal with covid cases, and people in isolation but that just goes with the territory.
Edit: and the relationship that ended was because she became a full on anti vaxx, QAnon person. I've seen the rabbit holes and where they take you, I personally looked right into everything. I chose not to go there as I saw the real holes in everything, and I was not allowed to question anything. That path is a disease in itself somewhat.

Last edited:

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Good to hear….everything happens for a reason and maybe your change of vocation was just what you needed. I’m a bit the same in regards to having initially been hesitant to have the vax but went with it and glad I did. Going for my second shot today. Unfortunately the reality is that those that choose not to vax (and totally their right) will not have a lot of the usual freedoms that we have always taken for granted. The simple things like travel…going to the movies or for a feed or even to the footy will be off the table. I don’t necessarily think it’s right but that’s the reality moving forward.

snout

First Grade
I'm killing it mate, thanks for your words. A whole new vocation and career, and essential worker so to speak.
I'm neither anti vaxx nor pro vac, I am pro choice.
I respect people's desires and positions. I am now glad that I did get vaccinated, and I am content as in the end it was my choice. I may have done it under duress at the time, but I now have no regrets.
Basically my lockdown ended a.month ago. I am out talking and meeting new people every day, I have had to deal with covid cases, and people in isolation but that just goes with the territory.
Edit: and the relationship that ended was because she became a full on anti vaxx, QAnon person. I've seen the rabbit holes and where they take you, I personally looked right into everything. I chose not to go there as I saw the real holes in everything, and I was not allowed to question anything. That path is a disease in itself somewhat.
Inspiring BB...well done mate.

Same here. I'm pro-choice. Get vaccinated. Or don't. It's your body.
Make the choice you want and respect everyone else's. We are all in different situations with different beliefs and morals.

But to the guys comparing the polio and other vaccines...
They went through 5 stages and many years of refinement and testing under safe conditions.
This is an experimental vaccine of which the true effects will not even BEGIN to be known until the end of '23.
The makers have stated this.

And this is an issue from both sides. Just throwing opinion around as fact.
The division is very sad to see

Craigshark

First Grade
Inspiring BB...well done mate.

Same here. I'm pro-choice. Get vaccinated. Or don't. It's your body.
Make the choice you want and respect everyone else's. We are all in different situations with different beliefs and morals.

But to the guys comparing the polio and other vaccines...
They went through 5 stages and many years of refinement and testing under safe conditions.
This is an experimental vaccine of which the true effects will not even BEGIN to be known until the end of '23.
The makers have stated this.

And this is an issue from both sides. Just throwing opinion around as fact.
The division is very sad to see

same opinions as mine. I got it, but I got it so I could continue living life (before they lock us down again for our third, fourth and fifth jab 🙄).. the way it is being forced on people as a way to get your freedom back is completely wrong. People have genuine reasons for not getting it, it isn’t just necessarily anti-vax. (Although some of the anti-vax are hilarious, as they stick everything else in their bodies on the weekend which probably come from some junkie f**ken bikie associates garage, but refuse to have a government approved vaccine). I don’t know why people who are fully vaccinated and Gladys are so concerned with being around someone who is unvaccinated. If the vaccine works, then why does it matter? Not to mention, whether you are vaccinated or not, you can still catch and pass on the virus.

the days of having choices appear to be disappearing.

PJ

First Grade
Counter point to the above.

Wife is a nurse and has been seconded to calling and checking on Covid cases.

Today told me about a call from this morning with an elderly couple from Eastern european background, English as second language. Both are vaccinated, but fully vaccinated does not mean you are fully immune, just better chances of no symptoms and less chance of hospitilisations. It is also less effective in the old apparently.

Anyway she is early dementia and get in house care. Carer refuses to get vaccinated and has now passed it onto the wife. Wife needed hospitalisation and can't see any of her family and apparently regressed so that she will likely go from hospital to a home.

Your body your choice, but your choice doesn't just affect you.

The amount of cases wife has told me about, and we are not in an LGA of concern, where known positives are just going about life as normal without isolating is staggering. No wonder it got out of control.

Latest posts