What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ‘Anything and Everything’ Thread

Quigs

Immortal
9ME8YwV0wpV9NsdR4vKje4emjqKw79QL6hpSAmmHKXRf7tgn9x4VZchd-TvafTeKml3YlBWh6TuCHIRlegXfNLC9bAWHMJWlwoIPDlFEh7dsNFH9hQryxWMy3brmr6820k18AW27ehgV6dIxXrhuHj0FxU_hCvuX8ZA

shadowboxer

First Grade
Met a few expats Saturday night down south who were already celebrating! I didn’t want to get into it with them, but I can only enjoy the cold hard reality of them walking the boulevarde of broken dreams…. Again

Big Bloke

Juniors
Just wanted to get away from the Trump saga at the moment and Cheese Sandwich's comment about the English falling short caught my eye.

But I'm not talking about the soccer team, I am going to talk about the Royals. Charlie is now 75 and a more doddering King I can't recall. A younger King William V is waiting in the wings at a nice youngish age.

But is the monarchy doomed? Will someone bring it to the end? The Brits love their Royals though and I think it would be hard for them to do away with. It has also been said that if the monarchy were to end, thousands of people would lose their jobs.

They've tried to do away with his before with Cromwell's Protectorate rule but that didn't really last.

So, who is pro-royals or pro-republican on this forum?

Quigs

Immortal
Get rid of the bludgers.

If they need to keep them make them only token bludgers, not those that can legally dispense with elected Governments.

The sooner we cast them adrift the better off our country will be. It is about time our balls dropped and the bottom line and most importantly we'd still be able to participate in the Commonwealth Games.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Just wanted to get away from the Trump saga at the moment and Cheese Sandwich's comment about the English falling short caught my eye.

But I'm not talking about the soccer team, I am going to talk about the Royals. Charlie is now 75 and a more doddering King I can't recall. A younger King William V is waiting in the wings at a nice youngish age.

But is the monarchy doomed? Will someone bring it to the end? The Brits love their Royals though and I think it would be hard for them to do away with. It has also been said that if the monarchy were to end, thousands of people would lose their jobs.

They've tried to do away with his before with Cromwell's Protectorate rule but that didn't really last.

So, who is pro-royals or pro-republican on this forum?
How many have you seen? Lizzie Windsor was on the throne for 70 years. Charlie has had 2. 72 years ago we had George VI,

You must be near 100 BB LOL

Big Bloke

Juniors
How many have you seen? Lizzie Windsor was on the throne for 70 years. Charlie has had 2. 72 years ago we had George VI,

You must be near 100 BB LOL
Yes, I do feel like I'm near 100 some days!

What I meant was from history, not seeing Kings and Queens personally while I am on this planet.

Perhaps I am being hard on Charlie - William IV was a rotten old drunk and George III was mad and George IV was an arrogant, tortured prig so maybe King Charles III isn't as bad as I make out.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yes, I do feel like I'm near 100 some days!

What I meant was from history, not seeing Kings and Queens personally while I am on this planet.

Perhaps I am being hard on Charlie - William IV was a rotten old drunk and George III was mad and George IV was an arrogant, tortured prig so maybe King Charles III isn't as bad as I make out.
You know far too much about those inbred, bludging pharqers.

Quigs

Immortal
I just saw a faceybook post up thingy on my feed thing and it was a pic of four brats with sand skies at the top of a kurnell sand hill. It was in the 60's I believe. Shit didn't that make me feel old and shit again, wasn't it great fun to do back in the days when kids played outside.

Spend a few hours running up and sliding down those hills certainly made for a good nights sleep.

PJ

First Grade
I just saw a faceybook post up thingy on my feed thing and it was a pic of four brats with sand skies at the top of a kurnell sand hill. It was in the 60's I believe. Shit didn't that make me feel old and shit again, wasn't it great fun to do back in the days when kids played outside.

Spend a few hours running up and sliding down those hills certainly made for a good nights sleep.

My kids don't believe me when I point to where they were and tell them how big they were.