What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ‘Anything and Everything’ Thread

shadowboxer

First Grade
PJ get the brats to have a look at this - and google image kurnell sandhills 1960

Compare the height of the dune to the car in the background.
9536162-6680629-image-a-61_1549588947002.jpg
Were all those cars boots full of sand?
Ah the days of the old man doing some work in the yard - let’s go get some sand…. Side of the road to Kurnell / it was an institution

Quigs

Immortal
HEY WE ARE COMING SECOND ON THE LADDER RIGHT NOW.
How good is that?

We will retain second spot up until the Pennies beat the Dolphs this afternoon.

Let's enjoy it while we can.

Quigs

Immortal
So Joe has decided not to run again and only has Presidential immunity till next January. I wonder if he has made the important phone call to the Seals yet.

DJDL

Bench
Has anyone else caught up with this Terrence Howard 1 x 1 = 2 bullshit on YouTube?
Now there's one delusional mofo!

Big Bloke

Juniors
After hearing @Quigs mentioned his homeland for the umpteenth time, I decided to look it up on Google Maps.

I must say Emu Park looks like it is in the most beautiful part of Australia! Right on the water and much further north that I thought it would be. Up near Rockhampton!

For a young boy from the Shire, he sure chose a nice place to live out his retirement.

Tell me Quigs, how did Emu Park come to be your paradise?

bluefox68

Staff member
After hearing @Quigs mentioned his homeland for the umpteenth time, I decided to look it up on Google Maps.

I must say Emu Park looks like it is in the most beautiful part of Australia! Right on the water and much further north that I thought it would be. Up near Rockhampton!

For a young boy from the Shire, he sure chose a nice place to live out his retirement.

It’s okay - he’s still alive - he just needs his nap to get through the day.

Quigs

Immortal
It’s okay - he’s still alive - he just needs his nap to get through the day.
I fly a starship
Across the Universe divide
And when I reach the other side
I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can
Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
Or I may simply be a single drop of rain
But I will remain
I'll be back again and again and again and again and again and again

Big Bloke

Juniors
I fly a starship
Across the Universe divide
And when I reach the other side
I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can
Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
Or I may simply be a single drop of rain
But I will remain
I'll be back again and again and again and again and again and again
Well that didn't answer my question...

Quigs

Immortal

(( Rockhampton is a shit hole of a place.... we are 40k east ))

Well Bloke it was like this. The short condensed story. Back in 1983 whilst living in Gloucester I suffered a serious neck injury in a one vehicle accident. Fractured C1 and C5. Very very lucky not to be spending the rest of my days in a wheelchair or even worse.

In 85 I was advised to find a warm climate to spend the rest of my days. So I packed the wife and three kids aged 6,5 and 4 and headed north. The plan was to take our time, travel as far north as Townsville where the wife had relatives and then come back to the place we liked the best.

We never got past Emu Park. It was all we where looking for. Small coastal one pub town, not too touristy and laid back and what 10k from Great Keppel Island and heaps of other islands. We rented for 11 months to see if we could handle the fast lane life of The Park. All was ideal and I picked up the Tora Bora Cave at Zilzie for $65,000. (actually 3k south of EP.) I spent an extra 30thousand extending a couple of rooms and putting in a pool. (Since filled in and long gone) I tell everyone Emu Park because when we actually moved in Zilzie was not even in the Postcode book.

There was bugger all houses in Zilzie back then. The local kids would build cubby houses down on the beach and even camp over night. Youngest daughter got a horse (I not a horse man) which her and her mates rode on the beach. Have not locked the house for over 30 years now.

Quick ramble. At the time all the kids were in the local State School there was a price war between the Ferry operators that went out to GKI. Got down to $5 a trip. The wife and I and an esky would drop the kids at school and go out to GKI for the day. Hard life.

That was 39 years ago and I still can't believe my luck finding paradise. Also the neck came good, well a lot better. Still had restricted movement but believe it or not over the last two years I've found a deep muscle physio bloke who has worked miracles with me. I am like the kid in the lolly shop as I can now look straight up and see things like planes flying above me. Couldn't do that for 37 years.

Anyway I don't think 'youse' would want any of this, i am delusional, it is really a shit hole just like Rocky. For your sanity stay where you are.

7edb0284597379a8c82850fc34cd3126

Plus we have our very own Home Guard to repel unwanted southern terrorist

12-dawn-service-glenn-adamus.jpg

My Tora Bora Cave is next to the flash white roofed blue house on the near corner. The one with all the trees in the backyard and palm trees out the front. That house sold a month ago for just under $800.00. When I moved in a lot of the houses were not there. This is looking south east towards Gladstone.

image32.jpg

Quigs

Immortal
Bloke this is the view down the street looking east. That is the tip of Great Keppel upper left of pic. ( I borrowed these pics from the Real Estate that sold the house next door - see arrow)
image31.jpg

bluefox68

Staff member
Great stuff, Quigs!!
Thanks for sharing your story!!!
Great to hear about your deliverance from spinal cord injury, and the healing in your neck!