What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2012/13 Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ashamed to read articles from so-called "professionals" who cannot seem to use the correct homonym in their articles whilst trying to proclaim a point. FFS - the word he was looking for is "dual", and not "duel".

I know it's off topic, but it really irks me. Simple, uneducated errors such as that, coming from a reputable, professional publication, are inexcusable.

I doubt anyone was misled by the error...it hardly impedes communication (as some loose grammar does). It is now 'dual' in the online versions, but I checked yesterday's hard copy and he (or the sub) used 'duel', as you suggest.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The error is not a big deal, I suppose - bit it really bugs me!

The point is, if you're going to portray yourself as being better than others you need to be beyond reproach.

Otherwise just sling criticism without the pretense of any highground. Hadley manages it.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Did anyone notice in the Hindy poster from the telegraph the other week where all the eels players said something about hindy - well look at what Willie tonga said:

Easily in the top 20 maybe top 10 best back rowers I've played along side with

What is tonga on... Surely he is joking around

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Maybe we (or Tonga) are getting confused with whether he is talking about Hindy at his best or Hindy this year?

At his best Nathan Hindmarsh was the best forward in the world. This year he wasn't even the best at our club.

strider

Post Whore
apparently people are buying apartments in sydney .... not sure what that has to do with a youtube video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts