What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2013/2014 Team Thread

Alex28

Coach
Whether it is Gidley or Roberts in the halves, we are still a decent partner for Mullen short...

I just don't know where you play Gidley though. If Bedsy wasn't there it would be hooker for sure. Too expensive and fit to be on the bench. Not good enough for halfback.

RABK

Referee
Shouldn't have signed Boyd.
Could have used his money to by a half.

As Boyd has shown in the latter half of the year we did essentially sign a half when we signed Boyd. Jono or some other stat guru - where does Boyd sit in terms of try assists post origin 2012? I'd bet he'd be top 3.

RABK

Referee
And while you're at it... Gagai? He must be top 3 for try assists for centres despite only playing half a season. I'd say Boyd would have 10-12 try assists from rds 16-25 and Gagai would have 10-12 for the season.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Id believe that. He seems to have thrown the last pass in just about every try we have scored in the last 6 weeks

League_God

Juniors
As Boyd has shown in the latter half of the year we did essentially sign a half when we signed Boyd. Jono or some other stat guru - where does Boyd sit in terms of try assists post origin 2012? I'd bet he'd be top 3.

Maybe Wayne has been thinking:

1.Uate
2.Kev
5.McManus
6.Boyd
7.Mullen

all along :sarcasm:

rnb11

Juniors
In the last 10 games, Boyd has 9 try assists and 14 linebreak assists. Overall he's set up the 6th most tries out of all fullbacks (13) only one behind Brett Stewart and Jarryd Hayne and 4 behind Billy Slater. And he's the 4th best fullback with linebreak assists (17) only 1 behind Billy Slater and Ben Barba.

According to the knights insider interview with Wayne he see's Tyrone Roberts as a utility player next season depending on how well he works with Kids and Bedsey.
And Quinn is pretty much a Knight for 2013.

So the team is looking more like this

1. Boyd
2. Aku
3. Gagai
4. Tahu
5. Macmanus/Quinn/Kev

6. Mullen
7. Kidley

8. Snowden
9. Buderus
10. Mason
11. Scott
12. Smith
13. Houston

14. Roberts
15. Cuthbertson
16. McKinnon
17. Faalogo

I think you can pretty much pencil that team in to run out in Round 1, if that team stays fit and gels together anything less than Top 4 is below par. When I look at that forward pack it just looks like it is so full of badassery. We haven't had that for a while. Toughest pack in the comp.

Last edited:
According to the knights insider interview with Wayne he see's Tyrone Roberts as a utility player next season depending on how well he works with Kids and Bedsey.
And Quinn is pretty much a Knight for 2013.

So the team is looking more like this

1. Boyd
2. Aku
3. Gagai
4. Tahu
5. Macmanus/Quinn/Kev

6. Mullen
7. Kidley

8. Snowden
9. Buderus
10. Mason
11. Scott
12. Smith
13. Houston

14. Roberts
15. Cuthbertson
16. McKinnon
17. Faalogo

I think you can pretty much pencil that team in to run out in Round 1, if that team stays fit and gels together anything less than Top 4 is below par. When I look at that forward pack it just looks like it is so full of badassery. We haven't had that for a while. Toughest pack in the comp.
Very Strong team. top 4 if they perform. First time we have had a starting pack where every player has made an origin squad as a minimum accolade bar Smith for obvious reasons. 10/13 of the starters have played origin as an on field competitor. Gagai's time is only a matter of when. Get excited.

Last edited:

Silent Knight

First Grade
I'm glad Tyrone isn't going back to reggies. That kid is our future and it's good to see he's getting the Cooper Cronk treatment (Cronk started his career as a utility back off the bench at the Storm). He can continue to grow in confidence by being surrounded by far more experienced first graders while not being burdened with the responsibility of serving as the chief playmaker.

I just hope to jeebus that Gids stays on the park for the full season.

yep, 2013 could see Tyrone really go up a level as he does not need to try and carry the team on his shoulders. Wayne really rates Tyrone, and I respect Wayne's opinion. Clearly Wayne is not just talking him up by still keeping him in the side.

The team is definitely top 4 material. The only hurdles are the Storm, Bulldogs, Cowboys and Manly. With the run of bad luck we have had over the years it would be nice to have a season with hardly any injuries. Always seems the good teams never get any season ending injuries to their best players yet we always seem to be plagued with it.

perverse

Referee
geez top 4 is a big call. I can see Souths improving again this year, and the teams you've mentioned, CH, *should* be strong again. I can see a lot of improvement in a lot of teams, actually - ours included.

perverse

Referee
The Sharkies have recruited well, I don't think Carney had the year that everyone seemed to think he had last year... I actually thought Robson did just as much, if not more for them for the most part. Their backline looks a lot better with Flash in there, if he can stay on the park more than 5 seconds.

Latest posts