What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2013/2014 Team Thread

Yosh

Coach
I reckon both McKinnon and Cordner are big enough to play front row are they not?

aqua_duck

Coach
They probably are but they're both very young and it probably wouldn't be the best thing for their development and doesn't suit their game. If you want a tough nut battering ram than Korbin Sims is ideal

chinorocks

Juniors
As we're being linked to backrowers left right and centre I wouldnt be expecting Willie to go back into the 2nd row. Bennett obviously sees his future at prop, or is totally non plussed with every availiable prop on the market.

Johns Magic

Referee
Mason is not fast enough for the backrow anymore. I think that's a pipedream some people here came up with which Bennett has no intention of doing.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I tend to agree with you JM. Mason has demonstrated good acceleration in his games with the club and I do feel that he could probably handle the backrow reasonably well. However the team is lacking props, not second rowers. What he offers in the middle is far to important to the team and TBO it's having a bigger impact on things than if he was playing in the backrow.

I dare say that front row is where he'll play out his career.

RABK

Referee
1. Darius Boyd
2. Kevin Naiqama
3. Timana Tahu
4. Dane Gagai
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Kade Snowden
9. Danny Buderus (c)
10. Boyd Cordner
11. Beau Scott
12. Jeremy Smith
13. Chris Houston

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Adam Cuthbertson
16. Willie Mason
17. Alex McKinnon

I'm well aware Cordner plays backrow but as a lock he's played tight before - he's 188cm and 104kg. Reminds me a lot of Nate Myles, he'd handle the front row well.

Last edited:

RABK

Referee
Firstly, are we actually chasing Cordner?

Secondly, what a waste if he did play prop.

Rumour is he wants out, i think some journalist was quoted earlier in the week as saying that he wants to return to the Knights asap.

Secondly - why? He makes plenty of carries up the middle and looks strong doing so. He has a big motor and only just turned 20 - at about 104 kgs and growing he'll be fine in the front row. Has he displayed some must utilize wide running ball playing ability i've missed? I don't think so.

Johns Magic

Referee
I think he could play prop and if that pack you wrote down was ever compiled it may be the spot to fit him in. But I do like his running game on the edge and think he has great ballskills that would best be used wider. I also think he'd need to pack on a few kegs.

I can't see us fitting both him and Smith in our squad realistically either, and the mail seems much stronger on Smith. Who knows though.

aqua_duck

Coach
Korbin Sims will force his way into the team, an extra 3 or 4kg in the off season and he'll be a beast.

Silent Knight

First Grade
That is one mean looking squad RABK. But if we don't secure Cordner the only change imo would be Mason to #10 and Sims on the bench. Either scenario the team looks formidable.

I'm almost certain Gidley won't be on the bench.
Where would you play him then JD as he won't play fullback because of Darius, half back.....wellll we,ve tried him there and all he does is stunt our attack..... Lock maybe, but I think he will play off the bench to give Bedsy,s old body a rest.

PS .. I Am going Saturday too btw....Des and Timmah have requested it.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
So team 2013:

1. Boyd
2. Aku
3. Gagai
4. Tahu
5. Naiqama

6. Mullen
7. Kidley

8. Snowden
9. Bedsy
10. Mason
11. Scott
12. Smith
13. Houston

14. Roberts
15. Poore
16. McKinnon
17. Cordner

Looks alright to me.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
So team 2013:

1. Boyd
2. Aku
3. Gagai
4. Tahu
5. Naiqama

6. Mullen
7. Kidley

8. Snowden
9. Bedsy
10. Mason
11. Scott
12. Smith
13. Houston

14. Roberts
15. Poore
16. McKinnon
17. Cordner

Looks alright to me.

That team looks pretty good mate. I don't mind the idea of Roberts coming off the bench to relieve Buderus. Also if there are any injuries in the backline, Gidley can cover them whilst Roberts goes into the halves.

I'm usually not a fan of having halves on the bench. However Roberts has demonstrated himself to be a real athlete, so I can see it having some merit.

Yosh

Coach
Is Sims here next year? I thought he signed for the Storm... Or was that someone else?

I think Tetavano isn't gonna make it... There was something I liked about him when he first came out onto the FG scene but hasn't impressed me at all since...

I actually think should he sign on, that Poore may get a start ahead of Snowy. My gut says Snowy has 12 months to improve his game or he may get the Benny shoulder tap. No way will he get away with another season like this one. Not poor but well below expectations. None of it will eventuate with Snowden though.I think Snowy will be a demon in 2013. That pissed off look in his eyes has returned. At seasons start he looked frankly overwhelmed by the pressure of being pack leader. Willie's Lazarus like return took care of that.

Last edited:
Starting at prop doesn't mean u r in better form these days though does it. More tactical based whether a forward starts or comes off the bench it appears. James Graham has easily been Dogs best and he is a benchie.

Latest posts