What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2013/2014 Team Thread

Yosh

Coach
1. Boyd
2. Naquima
3. BJ Lulia
4. Dane
5. Aku

6. Mullen
7. Kidley

8. Snowden
9. Bedsy
10. Mason
11. Smith
12. Scott
13. House

14. Roberts
15. Mckinnon
16. Cuthbo
17. Tahu/Faloogoo

Not too shabby? Could be the oldest team to EVER play NRL!

Love my Dragons

Juniors
That's a pretty good team Yosh, only problem is their's not enough Ex Dragons you've only got 8 named in that team. If Weyman comes over that will be 9 I suppose.

RABK

Referee
BJ Leilua officially signed.

He is some talent and at his best will easily push Tahu to a bench/NSW cup role.

Johns Magic

Referee
I'm not a fan of Leilua or this signing. Poor ball control and discipline. I know he has the raw attributes physically to prove me wrong, so I hope he does. I'm not unhappy to have him at the club and can definitely see the upside, but I really hope we don't miss out on signing a good player down the track because of the money he's taking up.

Last edited:

RABK

Referee
I'm not a fan of Leilua or this signing. Poor ball control and discipline. I know he has the raw attributes physically to prove me wrong, so I hope he does. I'm not unhappy to have him at the club and can definitely see the upside, but I really hope we don't miss out on signing a good player down the track because of the money he's taking up.

Agreed for the most part but the obvious thing is ball control, discipline etc are really about attitude at training and on the field. The god given physical abilities he has can't be trained. Hopefully he finds the environment he needs to commit himself because the kid has the talent to be a real dominant centre. If he finds a home here like Gagai has then we'd have a pretty exciting, genuine game breaking centre pairing for years to come.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
I really didn't think much of him until I saw him in City Country and he impressed me so I watched him abit more closely after that and he's got some ability, strong ball runner, and a big guy especially around the legs and core (where it matters most). He's only just turned 21 and has been in 1st grade the best part of 3 years, has played in a grand final and was 18th man in origin. If Bennett and Hickmans can turn him into the player he should be then we'll have a devastating centre pairing for years to come

Rolla

Juniors
He can play a bit on the wing too can't he? Guessing his handling issues would render him average under the high ball?

Tahu was great last year but 2013 will likely be his last season. Seems we will have some real competition for places in the backline (though i don't see Quinn pushing too hard for a starting spot). Jimmy and T will have to bring their 'A' game from the outset with Kev and BJ both showing they can handle a first team gig!

Can only be good news for the team.

RABK

Referee
What would concern me about losing Pete is not losing Pete himself, but losing his much more talented younger brothers.

Frederick

Staff member
Never know - it could end up a situation like the naiqamas where we cut loose the crap older one but keep the better younger one

Alex28

Coach
He can play a bit on the wing too can't he? Guessing his handling issues would render him average under the high ball?

Tahu was great last year but 2013 will likely be his last season. Seems we will have some real competition for places in the backline (though i don't see Quinn pushing too hard for a starting spot). Jimmy and T will have to bring their 'A' game from the outset with Kev and BJ both showing they can handle a first team gig!

Can only be good news for the team.

Surely Leilua will walk in to the starting squad over Tahu? I know T played well last year, but we are talking a (genuine) fringe Origin player here. Has to start.

RABK

Referee
I thought Tahu went alright as a bench impact second rower at the Panthers. Granted he has lost about 5kgs since then but he would come on, run some good lines and put on some big hits. Goes with the whole hit man pack we have next season.

Yosh

Coach
I thought Tahu went alright as a bench impact second rower at the Panthers. Granted he has lost about 5kgs since then but he would come on, run some good lines and put on some big hits. Goes with the whole hit man pack we have next season.

I was thinking this also!

We sign arguably the two hardest forwards in the game in Beau Scott and Jeremy Smith. We then add two young centres whose origin selections are only a matter of when in the from of Gagai (albeit we signed him for half of last season) and Leulia. Without doubt we have been either very fortunate or very astute in recruitment for 2013. Everyone should not discount Timana playing left wing at the expense of McManus. Not saying it will definitely happen but Timana is a class player who many still think can play origin if his form is good enough. We could theoretcially lose our entire backline to origin if injuries were to go through both camps hard. Highly unlikely but it certainly has the talent we have never ever seen in our club's existence. Joey would cut his arm off to have that backline behind him five or six years back.

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
Tahu back in origin? Get your hand off it :lol:

He was good for us this year, but not that good

Not beyond the realms of possibility Fred. He is a natural origin player Tahu. Tough, aggressive and uncompromising. He would certainly need some significant improvement though to be considered.

Last edited:

Silent Knight

First Grade
I think it would be a media s***storm if Tahu ever walked back into the Origin arena after his less than gracious exit a few years ago.