What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 700 Level - Home of the Ginger Jesus.

nick87

Coach
Assuming we have picks #15,16 and 19... and understanding it's so early in the process that it's pointless... but right now, it's plausible the eagles could get 3 of:

- Chris Olave, WR
- Drake London, WR
- Derek Stingley Jr, CB
- David Ojabo, Edge
- Daxton Hill, S
- Tyler Linderbaum, C

Also
- Devin Lloyd, LB
- Nakobe Dean, LB
But Roseman hates LB's so i doubt he'll spend a first on the position.

Those are some big time IMPACT players imo.

Would love to get Stingley, Ojabo and either Dean, Hill or Linderbaum

Valheru

Coach
Flogged lol

Oh well on to next season with 3 first rounders.

We are capable of winning the division, need an edge rusher and WR as a priority.

Valheru

Coach
We are going to get our QB answer this year in regards to Hurts.

Barring some epic injury toll, Hurts has all the pieces he needs to win a weak division and we have an easy schedule as well. If we don't win the division it is a fail.

nick87

Coach
Good first game
Jonanthan Gannon is on my f**king radar, just sitting back in this two high bullshit and playing one gapping DT's and letting the Lions just gash you all day on the ground was absurd
The lions averaged 10+ ypc on the ground with Fletch and Hargraves on the field.. it was 2.9 ypc with Jordan Davis on
Maybe play the 13th overall pick more?

Offense obviously put up points but I dont think Hurts had a GREAT game passing. AJ Brown is obviously a monster and Hurts was OK in the passing game but some of the issues from last year are still hanging around.

Still that's going on road in week 1 against a much improved pre season darling who were highly motivated and we basically beat them down before it got a little scary at the end.
Happy enough for now. Few things to clean up. The Vikings game will be a big test. Justin Jefferson is coming for our f**king souls

Valheru

Coach
We obviously conceded more points than we would have liked but defence barely played a snap in pre-season and it is also yet to be seen what the quality of Detroit will be this season.

Overall happy with a road win in week 1. Cowboys looked awful and dak is now out 6-8 weeks. If we are serious we get a good lead over them by the time he returns. Vikings could go either way but the next 6 after that are @WAS, JAX, @AZ, DAL, PIT and @HOU

nick87

Coach
Yeah i'd obviously like to win next week against the vikings
But even if we drop that, with the schedule there, it should be a 7-1 or 6-2 start

nick87

Coach
Well that was an unexpected DOMINATE performance!

What was most pleasing part of it was Hurts was not just willing but able to attack the middle of the field with his passing game. He hit multiple in rythem and timing strikes to the middle of the feild
That's what we need from him if he's going to be a long term franchise QB

Valheru

Coach
Still early days but we might be in for a cracking season here.

That was a super impressive performance on both sides of the ball. It was great to see the defence still dominate in the 2nd half when the offence got bogged down a bit.

Have to back it up next week @WAS where we have a nasty habit of losing most years.

Valheru

Coach
Another solid win

Do we all of a sudden have a professional NFL side in Philly? I was worried about that game as we tend to drop these road division games that we are expected to win but on this occasion they go the job done with little fuss and comfortably.

Jags next will pose a bigger challenge than the odds suggest IMO. You just know Doug is going to be super motivated for this.

Haffa

A few points:
  • D-line was the biggest winner. Really munched up Wentz and made his day miserable.
  • Hurts looked good again. Another encouraging performance from a qb on the rise.
  • Playcalling was questionable at times. One such example was when we took the safety in the 4th quarter. Just not nearly enough men to hold up Washington's rush.
Overall a good win to make us 3-0 and in contention to make some noise. They're taking the foot off the pedal which I'm ok with for now.

nick87

Coach
A few points:
  • D-line was the biggest winner. Really munched up Wentz and made his day miserable.
  • Hurts looked good again. Another encouraging performance from a qb on the rise.
  • Playcalling was questionable at times. One such example was when we took the safety in the 4th quarter. Just not nearly enough men to hold up Washington's rush.
Overall a good win to make us 3-0 and in contention to make some noise. They're taking the foot off the pedal which I'm ok with for now.

Week 3... planning to parade route

The DL was absolutely dominant. Love to see the match coverage stuff and the show 4-6 rushers and only bringing 4 and constantly getting pressure with the 4. LOVE it. LOOOVE it. This is what i wanted from Gannon when he came aboard.

I didnt think it was a big Hurts game. Stats look good but he left some plays on the field too. Which is actually good! This was a good game but not a stunningly great game. And he got it done.

REALLY interested in the next game agianst the jags. They have a front 7 who can give some trouble but Smith and Brown and Dallas should win. Conversely Lawrence is a QB willing to drive on soft zone.

This is a what are you game for both sides of the ball

What are you, Hurts?
The match ups are to stay in the pocket, deliver on time and accurately to outsider WRs in Brown and Smith on corners who cant hang. The Jags front 7 is good enough and athletic enough to manage Hurts in the run game.
Stick in a pocket, set the feet and strike

What are you, Eagles D?
Are we going to sit back and play soft zone and a good QB dice us up? Or is Gannon going to remain aggressive and keep up that defensive pressure?

This is a really interesting game imo. It'll tell us a lot about where this season is headed

Latest posts