What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 8th Immortal

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Meninga or Provan.

Joey can wait. I think it would turn the whole Immortals thing into a farce if he were to be inducted now.

argy-bargy

Juniors
Joey can wait. I think it would turn the whole Immortals thing into a farce if he were to be inducted now.

Isnt it already a farce? I mean, it was started by a freaking magazine to sell more copies. Is it even endorsed, officially, by the NRL? Who is it that is bestowed the honor of selecting these "Immortal" players of the game?

The NRL should just make an official Hall of Fame like most american sports and be done with it FFS.

Mr Saab

Referee
Tim Sheens for sure. Any coach that can get a CEO sacked because the CEO wanted KPIs put on the coach should be immortalised.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Provan has waited long enough and frankly, Joey and Meninga have plenty of time to wait before being inducted.

Let Norm enjoy the honour while he still can.

gUt

Coach
That era is long gone. If they want to induct someone new let it be a player that's played in most fans' living memory.

Let it be Julian O'Neill.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Really we should go the way of the NFL and have a proper Hall of Fame. A lot of the teams that have been already have there team of however many years, so it would be pretty easy to establish as the majority of those players would be included. Have an induction event a couple of days before the grand final, and I think you would have a winner that would add to the gala of the grand final week.