What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 8th Immortal

Son of Minto

Bench
As I watch the Queensland Amatuer Intrust Cup, any spectator who bothered to turn up to watch such shit.

Especially those who occupied the far side of the field from the cameras.

That means NO ONE.

Having Bendover Ikin commentating doesn't improve things.

They dont open that side up for fans you mong :lol:

The quality is 100x better than NSW Cup as well.

Keep crying about Qld though. Its hilarious

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
They dont open that side up for fans you mong :lol:

The quality is 100x better than NSW Cup as well.

Keep crying about Qld though. Its hilarious

Fair dinkum! Those pissing Brisbane women must have a communicable disease - hence the quarantine.

Total dopehat.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
As I watch the Queensland Amatuer Intrust Cup, any spectator who bothered to turn up to watch such shit.

Especially those who occupied the far side of the field from the cameras.

That means NO ONE.

Having Bendover Ikin commentating doesn't improve things.

WTF are you talking about? It's been a great game full of mistakes yes but also full of drama. And they didn't open that side of the ground you ridiculous blithering spastic.

And what this has to do with the 8th immortal is anyone's guess.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
WTF are you talking about? It's been a great game full of mistakes yes but also full of drama. And they didn't open that side of the ground you ridiculous blithering spastic.

And what this has to do with the 8th immortal is anyone's guess.

Moving to Victoria is your ultimate wish?

Yes.

some11

Referee
Wrong thread veggie, I assume you meant to post in the crowds thread.

And yes, only the Western side was open today.

Big Pete

Referee
Big Mal.

Arguably, best back of all time who made an impact at all levels across both states.

Easier to digest than Joey who's name just carries too much controversy. IMO, Johns should be inducted alongside Lockyer.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Big Mal.

Arguably, best back of all time who made an impact at all levels across both states.

Easier to digest than Joey who's name just carries too much controversy. IMO, Johns should be inducted alongside Lockyer.

Better than Gasnier, Fulton and Lewis.....dunno about that.

Remember it's supposed to be about on-field achievements, not off-field indiscretions.

If that was the case, Raper should not even be inducted....ever.

_Johnsy

Referee
Proven then daylight, the era in which the player played means SFA.

The only time someone uses that excuse is out of convenience to exclude a more worthy candidate. As has been stated previously it is on their on field achievements only. Stop the fight it's Provan in a 1st round knock out.

Big Pete

Referee
I consider Fulton & Lewis halves but I'm not looking to debate semantics there.

Gasnier, Churchill & Langlands would be his toughest competition I say. Been plenty but Mal's name certainly belongs in that company.

I know off-field discretions shouldn't play a part...but for mine they're just too big to ignore.

_Johnsy

Referee
Big Mal.

Daley was a better back IMO, Mal ran tackled and kicked goals. He rarely organised play, or was a ball playing back. He had the advantage of size every time he played, he never played against a bigger direct opponent. I can understand your bias but look at his abilities as a player. IMHO Lozza has him covered, he was brilliant in every aspect of the game, every single one as was Wally, & Joey & Bozo. Player records are skewed by the team they played in.

_Johnsy

Referee
I consider Fulton & Lewis halves but I'm not looking to debate semantics there.

Gasnier, Churchill & Langlands would be his toughest competition I say. Been plenty but Mal's name certainly belongs in that company.

I know off-field discretions shouldn't play a part...but for mine they're just too big to ignore.

Mark was good, but not that good ;-)

Big Pete

Referee
Just like I can understand your bias. ;-)

Don't agree with him not being a ball-playing back - on the field, he was virtually like GI, could do both although in his latter years he did rely more on his size and strength to beat his opposition.

Fire

First Grade
Seriously, I think they should give it to Norm before he croaks it. The others will get their chance. But, even Norm has come out and said that he's already missed out twice in previous 'nomination rounds', so it's unlikely they'll give it to him this time.

In my opinion, the "Immortals" was a bit of a gimmick by Penfolds that somehow found itself to be this great big whiz bang club.

Norm's on the trophey, I reckon that's better than being an Immortal.

BM1979

Juniors
Karmichael Hunt- took one for the team and proved AFL has nowhere near the learning curve of League