What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The agenda continues

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
The Camden Leisure Pirate said:
Who f**king cares?

Like it or not he is the coach and they are big boys, get the f**king job done and don't whinge.

I know that I haven't liked all my bosses but I get paid to do a job - bottom line.

Settle down there Bambi.

I never said that they should not re-new their contracts I was just saying it will probably happen. Your right but, just because your getting upset doesn't mean it aint gonna happen. It probably will.

Have a coke or something.

oldman

Juniors
KniGhTs BaTTLeR said:
I don't know who is lying in the Reynoldson story but someone is and its very fishy. I seriously doubt Reyno is doing this on purpose it's not like he has been parading himself infront of the media he has been trying to do this quietely.
NEWCASTLE senior executive officer Steve Burraston slammed Kirk Reynoldson and his management for an "orchestrated campaign" to destabilise the struggling club.

Burraston received a letter from Reynoldson's lawyer Tom Sullivan threatening legal action if the 28-year-old lock did not have the fourth-year option on his contract fulfilled.

Reynoldson needs one more NRL game to automatically trigger a $196,000 deal next year, but coach Brian Smith has told him he is unwanted in 2008 and has not selected him to play again this Friday.

Burraston fully supports Smith in not selecting Reynoldson and is outraged the matter is being played out in the media.

The Knights boss slammed Reynoldson's manager Les Ross for not making any effort to talk to the club.

"I've got no question it's probably an orchestrated campaign to put pressure on the club to cause unrest and probably force us into a position where we want to fold and have the thing go away," said Burraston.

"I can't understand why people wouldn't come and sit at the table and try to negotiate a deal or just to completely ignore the deals we do put on the table.

"I would like to understand what their thinking is rather than read it in the paper in the morning.

"It's disappointing the way they've handled themselves.

"It has dragged on for far too long. This now has been a couple month process and it's way, way too long and it should have been kept in-house.

"I can't vouch for other people's ethics and business dealings, I can only do what we think is right and I know from my own business experience and our own legal advise that we have done everything both legally and morally correct."

Burraston said the club made two offers for Reynoldson, the first for next year and the last an "exit offer", but now legal action is pending there will be no more lifelines from the club.

"We certainly don't have an offer on the table for 2008," said Burraston.

"He will be considered for selection next week and if he does play it will trigger a contract for 2008. If he doesn't play it won't. We will not be making any other offer for 2008."

Smith sought approval from Burraston before announcing today's squad.

Burraston said it "came as no surprise" that Reynoldson was left out in favour of Adam Woolnough, Josh Perry, Steve Simpson, Daniel Abraham, Reegan Tanner, Zeb Taia, Mitchell Sargent, Jesse Royal and Cory Paterson.

"A coach should not have to do that," said Burraston.

"He is not doing anything under-handed here. He certainly has no pressure applied to him to keep Kirk Reynoldson out.

"The forward pack we have on the park this week is probably the strongest we have put out for a number of weeks."

Sullivan will wait until Wednesday to get a response from the Knights but court action appears highly likely.

"If Newcastle won't come to the party and talk to us in a reasonable manner, Kirk is left with no alternative but to look at making an application to either the federal or supreme court for a declaration that Newcastle are bound by their contract," Sullivan told Sydney radio.

"The club is basically playing Ducks and Drakes with Kirk in an attempt to avoid his contract.

"Kirk is very disappointed because he's an honorable man, he wanted to honour his contract and he felt he had a future at Newcastle pre the current coach."

Seriously ANY pity I have for this guy is gone - Not parading himself to the media - THE MEDIA HAS THE LETTER BEFORE THE CLUB DID !.

Knightmare

Coach
Why do they hate Smith at the Telegraph so much? We never hear these attacks on coaches like Brown or Stuart when their clubs underperform. Did Brian write them a nasty letter once or something?

Nuffy

Bench
He hasn't honoured his contract, he's been taking marquee money for PL performances, if he had any honour he would have had a dig for 3 years.

Burwood

Bench
oldman said:
If Newcastle won't come to the party and talk to us in a reasonable manner, Kirk is left with no alternative but to look at making an application to either the federal or supreme court for a declaration that Newcastle are bound by their contract Sullivan told Sydney radio.

The club is basically playing Ducks and Drakes with Kirk in an attempt to avoid his contract.

Kirk is very disappointed because he's an honorable man, he wanted to honour his contract and he felt he had a future at Newcastle pre the current coach.
What contract are Newcastle bound by? Surely they have honoured their contract for 2007- Reynoldson has been paid his $200,000+. Sullivan can't be referring to a contract Reynoldson has for 2008? Isn't it only an option? By its very definition, an option is a choice, and Newcastle have made the choice not to activate the clause. They aren't avoiding the contract, they are avoiding the option to extend it. Sullivan may as well argue that every player in the NRL is entitled to an automatic renewal of their contract when it expires, regardless of form etc. It makes as much sense as what he is arguing.

oldman

Juniors
Burwood said:
What contract are Newcastle bound by? Surely they have honoured their contract for 2007- Reynoldson has been paid his $200,000+. Sullivan can't be referring to a contract Reynoldson has for 2008? Isn't it only an option? By its very definition, an option is a choice, and Newcastle have made the choice not to activate the clause. They aren't avoiding the contract, they are avoiding the option to extend it. Sullivan may as well argue that every player in the NRL is entitled to an automatic renewal of their contract when it expires, regardless of form etc. It makes as much sense as what he is arguing.

This part was quoted from a newspaper artical

Burwood

Bench
oldman said:
This part was quoted from a newspaper artical
Don't worry, I didn't confuse you for Todd Balym. On a side note, is anybody else having trouble with the forum's coding? Smilies aren't working, I can't edit any of the text in my replies etc.

AdamT

Juniors
Jobdog said:
Ahh, what a lovely piece of journalism by none other than the Telecrap

Telecrap? Our main problem is we've always believed the biassed dribble dished up by the Newcastle Herald who are a Major Sponsor of the Knights and the Knights sell 60% of thir papers for them. So dont talk about objective journalism.. Pleeeeaase!

AdamT

Juniors
Burwood said:
Don't worry, I didn't confuse you for Todd Balym. On a side note, is anybody else having trouble with the forum's coding? Smilies aren't working, I can't edit any of the text in my replies etc.

Smiles aren't working? THATS' GOLD... As if any forum members would have ANY reason to be smiling anyway! lol

It is really boring now all this. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. The Telegraph are ridiculously arrogant and yet here we are letting them wind us up again. Guys they aren't worth it and Dean Ritchie is just a desperate goose.

antonius

Coach
Reading all of the stuff that's been printed over the past few weeks, I don't feel any sympathy for Reynoldson at all. The guy was given a contract that he signed, he's earnt good money for the time he's been here, now we reach the part of the contract where he needs to qualify for the remaining year. Sure the club erred paying the money they did for him, but they have offered him a payout, which he's rejected, and if it were my buisness I would now use every avenue available to me to avoid overpaying him for another year. Burreston is right, and we've all said it a thousand times, the bloke is to one dimensional, that's why he doesn't rate as a top grade player. There are other blokes in the same boat as him at the club, and none of them have carried on about being cut, they've just kept playing when selected. I've got no problem with the way it's being handled, and would do the same if it were my buisness.

voltron

Juniors
have u guys seen the comments on the telecraps site for these articles???
man, those guys know nothing
and have been fully sucked in on the telecraps agenda

AdamT

Juniors
voltron said:
have u guys seen the comments on the telecraps site for these articles???
man, those guys know nothing
and have been fully sucked in on the telecraps agenda

Telecrap? Our main problem is we've always believed the biassed dribble dished up by the Newcastle Herald who are a Major Sponsor of the Knights and the Knights sell 60% of thir papers for them. So dont talk about objective journalism.. Pleeeeaase!

Just cause it appears in the Newcastle Herald doesnt mean its FACT. In fact, IF it appears in the Newcastle Herald there is a 99% chance its tiotally biassed towards the Knights.