What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Alan Overton Letter

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Alan

Can you guarantee the Eels Club will exist in 5 years time as a stand alone entity?
Are you aware of any major corporations that won't sponsor the Eels because of the current Board and CEO..

:lol: asking the hard questions hey Pete?;-)

forward pass

Coach
That is a claim made by the other side....

I am happy enough to take them on their word .. why aren't you?

It's like asking how many people didn't call you yesterday??:? He is only going to know about the ones that approach - not don't approach.

forward pass

Coach
Because it is easy to make claims like 3Ps have with NOTHING to back them up...

I agree with you 100%. I really do. But it would be unethical and downright ludicrous to reveal who they are to us. I don't think the potential sponsors would be too wrapped either.

Unfortunately we have to take them on their word - that's all we can do. Just like I take the current board on their word a lot of the time.

Anyway - I am going home and when I get back this will all be over thank God.

Personally , I've had a gutful of the whole thing. Good Luck to whoever gets in.

I just hope that people who have that very lucky right to vote, do so knowing that each member voting is probably representing about 4 to 5 thousand supporters each. No pressure or anything !!:lol:

Haynzy

First Grade
I'll be looking forward to the result........dunno about the sh*t fight beforehand :lol:

Then again...whatever brings positive change.

parra pete

Referee
It's ok pete, you whinged, it was deleted. All good.

Thank you. 'The squeaky wheel gets the oil'...and I must have been right, otherwise it would be still there.As you say...All good.
Whatever happens at the election on Sunday, this challenge by 3Ps has been good for the Club, and as Stagger posted earlier, whatever the outcome, 2009 from a boardroom level should be positive...and forget what Chesterton and Massoud have to say.
Massoud obviously has kept the pot boiling to keep the mudslinging going. He's like a squeaky wheel, only he has used the divide and conquer trick. Good Cop, Bad Cop...
Steve Mascord and Nick Walshaw are the Tele sport journo's I respect to be fair and unbiased, without resorting to 'sensationalism'.
Nick always reports on the positives of the game, leaves the negatives to other
The Tele did with with Brian Smith, and now they are trying it on with the Board. Don't be conned by the campaign.
Exercise your vote, the way your heart AND head dictates. It is your Club, your vote and your right. That's Democracy
Should be a great meeting, emotional and exciting. Good luck to ALL candidates - and I mean that. Whoever is elected, I hope they can work together for the good of the Club.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Thank you. 'The squeaky wheel gets the oil'...and I must have been right, otherwise it would be still there.As you say...All good.
Whatever happens at the election on Sunday, this challenge by 3Ps has been good for the Club, and as Stagger posted earlier, whatever the outcome, 2009 from a boardroom level should be positive...and forget what Chesterton and Massoud have to say.
Massoud obviously has kept the pot boiling to keep the mudslinging going. He's like a squeaky wheel, only he has used the divide and conquer trick. Good Cop, Bad Cop...
Steve Mascord and Nick Walshaw are the Tele sport journo's I respect to be fair and unbiased, without resorting to 'sensationalism'.
Nick always reports on the positives of the game, leaves the negatives to other
The Tele did with with Brian Smith, and now they are trying it on with the Board. Don't be conned by the campaign.
Exercise your vote, the way your heart AND head dictates. It is your Club, your vote and your right. That's Democracy
Should be a great meeting, emotional and exciting. Good luck to ALL candidates - and I mean that. Whoever is elected, I hope they can work together for the good of the Club.

here' bloody here....

bartman

Immortal
I must be under pressure I was born in Parramatta and lived here all my life and misspelled it OVO
Welcome aboard here again Ovo. :thumn

I don't think you'll be under pressure to be re-elected to the Board - especially with the need for two incumbents to remain the reps to the NRL Board, and the likelihood you'll rate the highest number of votes among the incumbent directors - but perhaps some of your current colleagues may be under pressure.

bartman

Immortal
I think the members are in charge and time and time again I have heard that the members have voted against advertising anything but certain dealings.
Might be me again Mark, but I have no idea what that means. By itself or in relation to my quote used above it?

It would take less than a year to fix all of this, completely even without a change of board, just a little bit of effort and cultivation. It just disappoints me that people don't want to work in the system and only want to take pot shots at the board.
If the solution is so easy, then let's have it? You claim some idea was rejected by other people in 2006, but can't speak about what it was. And then there's another riddle later on about blood on our hands that I'm just not following :lol:

Fine to discuss in person if it's of that nature, but if it is then the half-descriptions on here don't really achieve much for anyone, imo

There are coteries out there that are a bigger concern than the board toward you goal Bart.
Again, might be me Mark but I have no idea what you mean?

Sorry, have to dash to a work dinner, back later tonight or see you on Sunday.

junior009

Juniors
Yes, but I am not running for the Board of Directors at the moment, as if I was I would be able to tell you what I think, however I think it would greatly detract from my possible support base.

TBH Mark I didn't know you had a support base ;-)

In allseriousness....what in the world are you trying to hint at??

The P Eel

Juniors
Again, something I wont write about just yet. But to say I had the Idea for it a few years ago before the report. It fits for what everyone wants and it is easily achievable.

But if people can figure it out for themselves then great.

Hey MITS - i don't always agree with your posts - but if there was something that i could do to help make our memberships more worthwhile or for that matter more bang for our buck as STH then please tell me what i need to do. :D

Cheers
The P Eel

Suitman

Post Whore
Alan,

Would you say that the current board are fully aware that supporters of this club are sick to the back teeth at the piss poor performance of our club both on and off the field. And by that I mean in regards to fan relations, marketing, acknowledging the clubs history and traditions, communications, game day experience etc etc.

Or do they think everything is sweet now that we have a decent coach. Do they honestly know the amount of feeling about these issues amongst supporters?

Because they certainly don't appear to have been aware of it in that past and thus you find yourself in the position you are in - under pressure from new nominees. I am just interested in your thoughts.

Dave

Dave I agree our performance on the field has not been what we hope for but I am confident that things will improve with our new coach.
My job is to ensure our club is financialy secure,the new smoking laws and additional tax ($11m to date) has and will place a lot of pressure on all clubs.
To date this year the LOSS on football is as follows.
PDRL..........$1,345,373
NRL $4,426,058
TOTAL $5,771,431

This does not include funds to junior league.

We are in for a difficult time and need to bond together to keep our club secure............OVO

Firstly, looks like they do FP. :roll: Completely ignored the majority of your post, and agreed they hope the coach will turn their fortunes around.

But wait there's more.........

'My job is to ensure our club is financially secure', and then goes on to report this years loss of almost $6 million, with absolutely no ideas, or scope of planning to give any of us hope. Not even a tit bit of a hint, nothing.

Oh Alan, you did absolutely nothing in this post to give me confidence going forward. Nothing.
If anything, you probably wiped out any last skerreck of a chance that you may get one of my votes by default.

Suity

Last edited: