What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Alan Overton Letter

so what are you on about here mark and what is this blood on the hands you talk about?

Again, something I wont write about just yet. But to say I had the Idea for it a few years ago before the report. It fits for what everyone wants and it is easily achievable.

But if people can figure it out for themselves then great.

Yodaeel

Juniors
Alan,

Would you say that the current board are fully aware that supporters of this club are sick to the back teeth at the piss poor performance of our club both on and off the field. And by that I mean in regards to fan relations, marketing, acknowledging the clubs history and traditions, communications, game day experience etc etc.

Or do they think everything is sweet now that we have a decent coach. Do they honestly know the amount of feeling about these issues amongst supporters?

Because they certainly don't appear to have been aware of it in that past and thus you find yourself in the position you are in - under pressure from new nominees. I am just interested in your thoughts.

Dave

strider

Post Whore
mits - why do u do all this talking in riddles crap? can't you see it just annoys ppl?

fish eel

Immortal
mits - why do u do all this talking in riddles crap? can't you see it just annoys ppl?

He has a new outfit for the AGM

Riddler1.jpg

Yodaeel

Juniors
Dave I agree our performance on the field has not been what we hope for but I am confident that things will improve with our new coach.
My job is to ensure our club is financialy secure,the new smoking laws and additional tax ($11m to date) has and will place a lot of pressure on all clubs.
To date this year the LOSS on football is as follows.
PDRL..........$1,345,373
NRL $4,426,058
TOTAL $5,771,431

This does not include funds to junior league.

We are in for a difficult time and need to bond together to keep our club secure............OVO

forward pass

Coach
Dave I agree our performance on the field has not been what we hope for but I am confident that things will improve with our new coach.
My job is to ensure our club is financialy secure,the new smoking laws and additional tax ($11m to date) has and will place a lot of pressure on all clubs.
PDRL..........$1,345,373
NRL $4,426,058
TOTAL $5,771,431

We are in for a difficult time and need to bond together to keep our club secure............OVO

I keep hearing about the smoking laws and pokie tax, but doesn't that mean the club has to find new revenue streams? I would have thought a membership drive would be one way - that is if we could get the footy club to be separate once again. I have no interest in being a member of Parra Leagues. Parra Football club is a different story and I would be willing to pay much more than is currently being charged to be a member of MY club.

I know times are tough - for all clubs but I think the Pokie Tax and smoking laws are an excuse. The times I have been to the club (any club) it certainly doesn't appear as though there are less people in there than there used to be so not sure how much effect that has had on income.

emjaycee

Coach
PDRL..........$1,345,373
NRL $4,426,058
TOTAL $5,771,431

Alan,
Thanks for the feedback to Dave and for taking the time to get on here with only 48 hours before the election.

If I can ask a quick follow up question to your response above?

With football related losses nearing $6m there is obviously a need to improve the income side of the balance sheet.
What direction has the board provided to the respective club management teams (NRL and PDRLFC) in relation to:
- increasing sponsorship income
- increasing merchandising income
- increasing gate takings
- any other forms of football related income
or are they (the football club boards) relying on the Leagues Club grant to bail them out?

Regards,
Matt

And when 3P said the same thing they were lambasted for it. Forgive me for not believing what you are saying.... until you say it. ;-)

Yes, but I am not running for the Board of Directors at the moment, as if I was I would be able to tell you what I think, however I think it would greatly detract from my possible support base.

I keep hearing about the smoking laws and pokie tax, but doesn't that mean the club has to find new revenue streams? I would have thought a membership drive would be one way - that is if we could get the footy club to be separate once again. I have no interest in being a member of Parra Leagues. Parra Football club is a different story and I would be willing to pay much more than is currently being charged to be a member of MY club.

I know times are tough - for all clubs but I think the Pokie Tax and smoking laws are an excuse. The times I have been to the club (any club) it certainly doesn't appear as though there are less people in there than there used to be so not sure how much effect that has had on income.
You may be interesed in paying more but for what we get as a member i think it is over priced, if things improve then i would consider paying more but not before.

Delboy

First Grade
Emjaycee, in the current climate it would be financial suicide not to consider other income streams, but the ferocity of the tax has caught nearly all licenced clubs by surprise.

When we all talk about other revenue steams, and sometimes that appears to be a almost a cliche, where would people on this board suggest we find a minmum of $4 million, given that we have one of the highest sponsorship supports in the NRL. I have been in financial managment all my life, and I can tell you it is more a struggle now to find any additional income. Memberships and even putting up gate takings will not do the job, if we can come up with any substantive ideas I am sure they will be welcomed. There may be some gurus who read this board who can assist our club.

fish eel

Immortal
Emjaycee, in the current climate it would be financial suicide not to consider other income streams, but the ferocity of the tax has caught nearly all licenced clubs by surprise.

When we all talk about other revenue steams, and sometimes that appears to be a almost a cliche, where would people on this board suggest we find a minmum of $4 million, given that we have one of the highest sponsorship supports in the NRL. I have been in financial managment all my life, and I can tell you it is more a struggle now to find any additional income. Memberships and even putting up gate takings will not do the job, if we can come up with any substantive ideas I am sure they will be welcomed. There may be some gurus who read this board who can assist our club.

I'm not sure that is right?

I thought we were at the lower end of the scale?

emjaycee

Coach

:) Hence the reason I asked our Chairman the question :)

parra pete

Referee
Alan

Can you guarantee the Eels Club will exist in 5 years time as a stand alone entity?
Are you aware of any major corporations that won't sponsor the Eels because of the current Board and CEO..

Latest posts