What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The AMNRL no longer exist

gyallop

Juniors
Pacificcoast RL . No deflection mate, you made a statement that was inconsistent with an earlier post on involvement in RL and didnt ask a question of me but rather a statement of self belief. As a journo you should know that your 'question' that you are more involved in and do more for Rugby League than myself cant be answered without you first detailing your involvement and what you do.

PacificCoastRL

Juniors
Pacificcoast RL . No deflection mate, you made a statement that was inconsistent with an earlier post on involvement in RL and didnt ask a question of me but rather a statement of self belief. As a journo you should know that your 'question' that you are more involved in and do more for Rugby League than myself cant be answered without you first detailing your involvement and what you do.
And it wasn't a question. Thought you might like to defend yourself. But if you insist - gyallop, what is your involvement in rugby league?

gyallop

Juniors
So why did you ask why I didnt rebut it if you didnt want an answer?

Your 'question' is impossible to answer until you first state your involvement/contribution. I cant say whether yours is greater than my own which was the 'question' without that information.

PacificCoastRL

Juniors
So why did you ask why I didnt rebut it if you didnt want an answer?

Your 'question' is impossible to answer until you first state your involvement/contribution. I cant say whether yours is greater than my own which was the 'question' without that information.
As I said, the first time was not a question. But the next was. And if you read the question again, you will note that I have asked about your involvement. Not in comparison to mine, just your involvement. Since I asked first, I think you should respond first. Then I will tell you about my involvement.

Last edited:

gyallop

Juniors
as you are loathe to let me rebut your statement , I will indulge you. I have been in the game all my life in most roles in rugby league as a player, coach of junior teams, match official, a judiciary member , committee member etc

PacificCoastRL

Juniors
as you are loathe to let me rebut your statement , I will indulge you. I have been in the game all my life in most roles in rugby league as a player, coach of junior teams, match official, a judiciary member , committee member etc
What is your position at this time? And where? The reason I ask is that some of your statements about the AMNRL suggest that you have first hand knowledge. Are you now with the AMNRL? Do you live in the United States?

Last edited:

gyallop

Juniors
if this was doctors and nurses I would be the only one with my pants down! To answer your interrogation I am still active in club admin. in Australia , have no connection with the AMNRL other than knowing some players in both leagues and have never lived in the USA. Your turn now.

PacificCoastRL

Juniors
My first involvement with rugby league came when I contacted David Niu. He put me in touch with a fellow in Seattle, Washington, but nothing came of that. Later, after emailing Canada Rugby League I was put in contact with an Aussie who was moving to British Columbia and hoping to establish rugby league in this province. After a number of phone calls between Australia and Canada to introduce ourselves and get an idea about what we wanted to accomplish my contact came to Canada for a visit, at that time the first meeting of British Columbia Rugby League was held in Horseshoe Bay, BC. Not that it took any doing, but I made the arrangements as to where the meeting was held, etc. I'm not going to put any other names here. Myself, my Aussie contact, an Englishman with connections to Leeds Rhinos, a Kiwi, a Scot living in Whistler, BC and two other Canadians from White Rock, BC attended the meeting. The meeting was held on the Saturday of the May Long weekend in 2011. At that time my primary focus was to try and establish a team in my area, which is upper Vancouver Island. I was also, along with my Aussie partner (I'll call him Mr. Smith) charged with attempting to establish a program in the British Columbia Collegiate Conference. This was a very ambitious venture, but we felt college would be a good place to recruit players from. In the end it didn't pan out as union had already beaten us to the punch by about six months and were establishing programs. The conference athletic director, with whom I had a number of talks didn't feel there was room for the two programs. Back to me local area team. To get players I established relationships with the four union teams in the area and things looked to be going well after a number of meetings and emails and phone calls, but then silence. We have since learned that it was all very much a con job by the union teams. My biggest problem with it was that one of the team's has their clubhouse within three blocks of my home and I have known many on the executive for years. Apparently Vancouver Island is the stronghold of the BC rugby union. And I was up against that. It was around that time that I had to step back because of my business but still was in contact and offered advice to the BCRL. Although not directly involved I did have input into what became a very successful first season in 2012 as five teams participated in the competition, one of them being a new-formed stand alone league team and four other union clubs from the Mainland that fielded league teams.
Recently I have become involved again with establishing a club in my area. The biggest problem we had last year was my lack of union contacts, having never played. This year that problem has been solved as some players have come forward to recruit their teammates (we will be by-passing the union admins and speaking directly with the players) and I have found a rugby league coach from New Zealand who has just moved to the area after playing last season with one of the union clubs who competed in the league competition. My job now is more of a general manager, not concerned with the on-field stuff, just the off-field stuff. Securing fields, getting sponsors, arranging officials, scheduling the team's road trips and representing the team at the BCRL. Beyond this year my role will include establishing junior rugby league programs in 8-10 areas of our region. It is hoped that our team's players will help in coaching the young players. This was a little long-winded, probably because I don't really have a title as such, and I just wanted show you what we are up against in establishing the sport. Obviously I haven't been involved as long as you, but I have been involved since the beginning here in BC, in fact, since before the beginning.

gyallop

Juniors
thats great stuff and its hard to start up overseas when Aussies think everything Australian should work. we are lucky here as we have systems that have taken a 100 years to develop and unless someone has a spare billion to spend the USA and Canada cant be fast tracked to our level.
There is a an Aussie lad Paul ?? who played some lower grades in Brisbane that is on your west coast I think BC???

Fighter

Juniors
EH, I'm on the same page with u now.
Fighter, thats a real shame and the contrary to what sharks plauers have said.
Byrner, good question.

Fighter, is there a limit on the time a chairman can be elected for? Also, do you see any issue with the fight coach doubling as chairman and CEO doubling as USARL CEO?

DWI,

I don't see any issues with it, Peter was elected as our Chairman for 4 years and we revisit terms and roles at each board meeting and AGM. Peter has stepped back considerably in his role with the Fight in order to run the league so I don't see it affecting anything. His main focus is the league and helps with imports and as our sounding board for the Fight. If we are able to find coaches/board members to take over completely, both he and I would have very little to do with the team at all. We just aren't at that level yet.

Fighter

Juniors
Any proof of that Fighter, as I have heard that is not the case at all

Mr. Knight, Any proof of what, you don't reference anything here?

If you are talking about the meetings, I am kept in the loop of all progress/results with meetings set up with DN and the AMNRL, I just don't sit in on them. That is done within the USARL executive committee. Since I was involved in the initial breakaway, Peter doesn't want any personal feelings (DN or I) getting involved in any of these discussions so I do not participate on that committee.

Last edited:
AAMOI what sponsorships might you have available for the AYRLA U23 9s?

AAMOI? whats that mean?

Sponsorships available are - U23 Competition sponsors - the 11-14 year old competiton sponsors.
AYRLA title sponsor... everything that we do the company would have a presence on including our website (which we are trying to revamp).

The American Youth Rugby League U23 American Side sponsors - (not a 'national' rep. team) just a team that is open to all Americans that fit within the definition of U23
(if you live in the RI Mass Area.. to be eligible you must compete in the U23 Comp this spring--- for players that dont - going to hold tryouts at some point.. but ill figure that out after my bar exam this feburary)

Any more questions on sponsorhip email Mike@AYRLA.org

gyallop

Juniors
strange stuff..........according to most of the posters here it cant have been a meeting of the AMNRL committee or clubs as that doesnt happen!

Latest posts