What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ashes!

Pommy

Coach
Smith and Warner have abused their position and power and as a result they should be stripped of their privileges and suspended.
To ban them for life however is an overreaction.

Yeah I agree no lifetime ban except from leadership roles in my opinion.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
I'm just so disappointed and gutted by this,I grew up in a cricket loving family and had so many heroes that I would pretend to be in the backyard matches and looked at that baggy green as being an achievement of greatness.
And how anyone could destroy that image is beyond me!

I'm just so disappointed and gutted by this,I grew up in a cricket loving family and had so many heroes that I would pretend to be in the backyard matches and looked at that baggy green as being an achievement of greatness.
And how anyone could destroy that image is beyond me!
So will this go down as a weather report type offence or a Hansie type cheating offence ?

Travitoh

First Grade
I hope there's a hurricane and it blows the baggy green off their heads for a long time!

D'Arcy Short and George Bailey?

So will this go down as a weather report type offence or a Hansie type cheating offence ?

I would place it in between. They weren't fixing the match, they were trying to win it and made a wrong decision in doing so.
It will go down in history as cheating.

Rabbits20

Immortal
So Warner was the instigator here. How many chances has this muppet had in general. Maybe @Itsamansgame @callmack1 he has some kind of mental deficiency/illness... he doesn't seem to be fully there. Considering he has a kid with Candice to well the poor kid. It seems he will never mature. He's had dozens of incidents for wrong reasons over the past 5-6 years.

He won't be playing for Australia again I don't think.

Bancroft well that'll be that for him now too!

Smith well he should've stopped it but didn't. He will regret that and he's such a poor captain. I however believe he will be back playing cricket for Australia again. He's tarnished his name but not as much as Warner. Smith will get a second chance but obviously nowhere near captaincy!

Pommy

Coach
The blame squarely lands on smith as far as I am concerned. That’s the price of being the leader and the price of totally failing at your job.
I’m sure he will play for Australia again but he has gone from being talked about alongside Bradman to being rated worse than Chappel.
I have no issue with Bancroft playing for Australia again, we have no idea what pressure was placed on him. as a junior team member he was in a lose lose situation really.

Travitoh

First Grade
The blame squarely lands on smith as far as I am concerned. That’s the price of being the leader and the price of totally failing at your job.
I’m sure he will play for Australia again but he has gone from being talked about alongside Bradman to being rated worse than Chappel.
I have no issue with Bancroft playing for Australia again, we have no idea what pressure was placed on him. as a junior team member he was in a lose lose situation really.

I disagree, Bancroft is old enough to make a decision for himself.
You're correct about Smith and Warner though.

I feel the bans are over the top and the wording of them.Bancroft shouldn't have gotten much more than the ICC imposed ban while the other two should've just been told they won't be considered for selection while Paine is settling into the job.

Pommy

Coach
I disagree, Bancroft is old enough to make a decision for himself.
You're correct about Smith and Warner though.

I feel the bans are over the top and the wording of them.Bancroft shouldn't have gotten much more than the ICC imposed ban while the other two should've just been told they won't be considered for selection while Paine is settling into the job.

He is totally old enough just like smith, if smith can play for Australia again there’s no reason why Bancroft shouldn’t.

They ICC couldn’t give Bancroft a ban as it isn’t a bannable offence. The ICC gave him 3 demerit points and he was free to play.
I applaud CA decision to take such a hard stance on it and hope it puts pressure on other nations to do the same.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
I have absolutely no problems with the decisions handed down,they totally disrespected us as a nation.
They wear our countries coat of arms a symbol of our country always moving forward with the Roo & Emu,well they couldn't of f**ked that up any worse if they tried.
This just isn't a cricket thing it's a tarnish on our nations credibility in the sporting world for fair play,can you imagine the comments our Commonwealth Games team are going to get behind the scenes,the Poms are going to have a field day....and don't say it won't happen because pay back is a bitch!
What a grand f**k up these immature naive pricks have caused!!!!

Travitoh

First Grade
In Bancroft's case, his position in the team was already under question and now with this, he's going to need to make a lot of runs to be considered again.
They should be free to play state cricket i believe.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
In Bancroft's case, his position in the team was already under question and now with this, he's going to need to make a lot of runs to be considered again.
They should be free to play state cricket i believe.
Smith if he's mentally tough enough will be the only one who will play test cricket again!

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
I have absolutely no problems with the decisions handed down,they totally disrespected us as a nation.
They wear our countries coat of arms a symbol of our country always moving forward with the Roo & Emu,well they couldn't of f**ked that up any worse if they tried.
This just isn't a cricket thing it's a tarnish on our nations credibility in the sporting world for fair play,can you imagine the comments our Commonwealth Games team are going to get behind the scenes,the Poms are going to have a field day....and don't say it won't happen because pay back is a bitch!
What a grand f**k up these immature naive pricks have caused!!!!

I’m not an Aussie but this is home and I hope in the next few years to become an Aussie. I still support England/GB in sport and I don’t see that ever changing but if Australia are playing anyone else I want to see them win.
I don’t care what the ICC or India and Pakistan do I want to see England and Australia have a higher standard.

Pommy

Coach
I will say as much as I will back Aussie teams I have been savouring such a monumental f**k up one of England’s biggest rivals, if we could just see Germany and Argentina do something horrific in football I could die a happy man.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Well said Pommy,well the Australian cricket team have got a golden opportunity now to wipe the floor clean and bring in the new furniture.
For mine the first decision I would make is bye bye Lehmann hello Justin Langer!

Itsamansgame

Juniors
I will say as much as I will back Aussie teams I have been savouring such a monumental f**k up one of England’s biggest rivals, if we could just see Germany and Argentina do something horrific in football I could die a happy man.
Enjoy Pommy,it's been a long time coming unfortunately!