What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ashes!

Travitoh

First Grade
It doesn't matter if Lehmann says he knew or not, it happened under is watch in a time where discipline in Australian cricket is at a low.

Langer in as coach, Shaun and Mitch Marsh as captain and vice captain. Not the best scenario but we need leadership asap

Itsamansgame

Juniors
I'm absolutely ashamed and embarrassed,my wife said it perfectly her statement was,Smith is a coward why did he hand it to someone else to do he didn't have the balls to do it himself.
"Sack him now,fly him home...make him pay for the flight and rip up his contract!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm absolutely ashamed and embarrassed,my wife said it perfectly her statement was,Smith is a coward why did he hand it to someone else to do he didn't have the balls to do it himself.
"Sack him now,fly him home...make him pay for the flight and rip up his contract!
Warner probs involved too..

Pommy

Coach
2017/18 ashes series should have an astrex next to it like all the storms titles. We cant be sure there was no cheating going on lol

Pommy

Coach
I have no idea how this test can continue, it should be forfeited and a new leadership installed for whatever games they have remaining.

This weekend has been awesome after all the shit i copped at work last week for england being 58 all out.
Australia beat 4-1 by Norway,
Souths flogged Manly by 28 points
and now this for once im looking forward to Monday morning :)

Curns13

Juniors
Anyone who was involved in this ball tampering needs to be gone. All players involved should be suspended for the rest of the tour. Smith and Warner should be permanently stripped of the captaincy. If Lehmann knew, he should be immediately sacked. This is one of the darkest days in Australian sport, even worse than the Cronulla and Essendon drugs scandals. Everyone knew what they were doing, knew it was wrong and went ahead anyway. Its a disgraceful day for Australia cricket and sport in general.

Pommy

Coach
England: we just produced the most embarrassing performance ever.

Australia: hold my beer.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Honestly they should never play for their country again.For a start strip them of their privileges and wage for playing for Australia and stick them back in shield cricket for the remainder of their careers.
And I'm with Pommy,how on earth this match can continue is above me,it should be automatically awarded to South Africa.
Goes to show the pull Pay TV has in all sports!

Itsamansgame

Juniors

Good job we never give you lot the urn anyway. Big questions need to be asked.
Yes at the moment it's been a little slap on the wrist and as for Smiths press conference......it's like I'm only sorry we got caught,so let's just move on fellas!

Pommy

Coach
Yes at the moment it's been a little slap on the wrist and as for Smiths press conference......it's like I'm only sorry we got caught,so let's just move on fellas!

They couldn’t really give more than a slap on the wrist as prescidents have been set etc.

Smiths press conference was bizarre he totally misjudged the seriousness of it all. I have no idea why they owned up to it as a team effort rather than letting Bancroft take the 3 points, he wouldn’t have even got a ban.
It’s not so much the offence of ball tampering which is the issue, a single player under pressure can make a wrong call they’re human. But for the Australian captain and VC to premeditate the offence is something else totally.

I’m sure CA are going to be giving him much more than a slap on the wrist.

Travitoh

First Grade
Smith and Warner have abused their position and power and as a result they should be stripped of their privileges and suspended.
To ban them for life however is an overreaction.