What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Backline

parrachilean31

Juniors
Do we really have to let go of a player for tahu to come in ... Who can you say is not playing well to let go.

grothe: Playing well
Inu: very Good in defence attack coming Good
Reddy: defence oustanding
Burt : also Playing really well

People are saying burt but he has been at the club since 18 years old and has been consistant . It willl be interesting who you feel should leave .

What are your Thoughts parra fans

Burty - Getting on in age
Grothe- Can't tackle or read defense / Horrible at taking balls in the air.
Inu- Still not setting the world on fire
Reddy- Mr SOLID

Parra Steve

Juniors
Id be keeping everyone under contract. YOu dont know how injuries will effect you and having a player either that be burt, reddy, Grothe, or Inu to call up would be handy.

parrachilean31

Juniors
Thats a good call parra steve ... thats what i was getting at depth is the key and as it was said tahu is slightly injury prone...

caylo

Bench
Id be keeping everyone under contract. YOu dont know how injuries will effect you and having a player either that be burt, reddy, Grothe, or Inu to call up would be handy.

your exactly right, look at the Titans they have Zillman to come in if Rogers, Prince or Campell are not avaliable and you dont notice the change.

Having Benny, Burt, Wright and Etu playing as backups can only be a good thing if anyone gets injured or for Rep call ups (Reddy could easily get a call up for City, or Grothe and Tahu for Origin with Hayne a certainty. Inu could get a call up for NZ etc)

If you want to win the comp, you cannot hold on to players for old time's sake - or sentiment.

A failing I believe that we have had for some time.

I would love to keep them all, but the Storm couldn't keep Israel and Manly had to let Monaghan go. It's called the Salary Cap and it effects every club at some stage. Look at the Roosters, GF's in 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004 now in 2009 Wooden Spooners. The Same thing will happens to Melbourne, it has taken Penrith 5 or so years to get back to a good squad after a premiership 2003 and the Tigers haven't looked near the same side that won in 2005 since. And now the Broncos are starting to suffer.
At least we haven't had the Broncos, Roosters, Manly, Parramatta and other cashed up clubs be the only teams near the top 4, without the salary cap thats what it would be like. Wealthy clubs would have players playing 2nd grade for big dollars just so another team can' t have them and too have backup for injuries.
I'm happy with the salary cap even thou we have to lose some players i love watching to other clubs or overseas.

lingard

Coach

Yeah; it would be terrible to get rid of, say, Inu or Burt, only to have Tahu on the sideline for long periods. That would really be a waste. I say keep all of them for one more year, if that`s possible, and see what we have then.

lingard

Coach
Do we really have to let go of a player for tahu to come in ... Who can you say is not playing well to let go.

grothe: Playing well
Inu: very Good in defence attack coming Good
Reddy: defence oustanding
Burt : also Playing really well

People are saying burt but he has been at the club since 18 years old and has been consistant . It willl be interesting who you feel should leave . I wouldn`t want to see any of them go, but if pressed, I`d say the most expendable of the four is.............Eric Grothe.

What are your Thoughts parra fans

Grothe: playing very well.
Inu: getting some confidence back.
Reddy: solid, reliable; has the proven ability to improve from one year to the next; will never stagnate as a player. Possibly the most valuable of these four.
Burt: getting on in years, but seems to get better with age. We`d lose a lot if we lost him.

Last edited:

Parra Guru

Coach
If you want to win the comp, you cannot hold on to players for old time's sake - or sentiment.

A failing I believe that we have had for some time.

With that in mind, I would rather see Burt or Inu dropped. Reddy has been the bridesmaid for too long IMO and he has always played well in FG.

Bigfella

Coach
Doesn't the question answer itself - ie you look at getting rid of players in the Top 25 who aren't "playing really well"?

Don't people like TT come into the gun?

Angry_eel

First Grade
Reddy shouldn't be dropped. He has done nothing wrong. I like burty but atm along with Inu he's our weakest link. Inu is only out of form he has the skills.

Latest posts