What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bermuda triangle@. Sharks r9

since77

Juniors
Just got back from the movies.
So hey what did I miss?
How many barnstorming and fearsome Blake Lawrie runs were there? Did he send those poor Sharks forwards skittling like bowling pins???? Do those poor Sharkies forwards need therapy after having to play 80 minutes against big strong fearsome Blake???
How many fantastic wet weather game managing kicks did our marquee halfback execute to perfection today? Did he bamboozle those poor Sharkies?
How many brain farts did Jack Bird have?
How many times did we fail to finish a set?
How many times was our last tackle option laughable even at under 6's level?
Did our million dollar captain lead us with the perfect wet weather game plan?

If I've failed to cover anything let me know......

Lennyb

Juniors
To summarise my final thoughts of the day:

Overall - we did defend pretty well and this is what will have us in good stead to improve further as the season goes on.

Unfortunately though, when we are put under defensive pressure ourselves (and with the inevitable scoreboard pressure that comes with that), we crumble like an empty plastic Coke bottle.

I don't know what goes through Ben Hunts' head sometimes, but we had at least three sets where he needed to be putting a stab kick in behind the posts on the last. But instead, we run it ! The final nail in the coffin was the last set before the Hazleton try where he tried to be Joey Johns in the 97 GF.

I think I've lost my voice screaming for them to go left in order to give K Flanno a chance at some options in a set. When he finally got a chance where he touched the ball 3-4 times in a set (there was about 7mins still left on the clock) it was too little too late with no time left to build any further pressure.

The game was there for the taking today. I can't help but feel a little bit disappointed, despite my personal promise of staying grounded in this first year of the Flanno-era.

The players, for the most part, had a dig today. I can't criticise anyone too hard (apart from what I've already done with Hunt). But, we are definitely a quality middle forward and a quality edge forward short in our roster. If we are going after Nelson Asofa-Solomona (as rumoured) then this would be a good (but not exactly great) start (may not be the best option but there isn't much else available with our best juniors still being 3-4 years away from regular first grade).
The only way for Hunt to win a premiership, is to play 14.

Lets hope Flanno can convince him of that.

Parko1310

Juniors
You're obviously watching a different game with some of these comments.
I'm curious as to what you disagree with. My assumption is that it will be in regard to Lomax and Ravalawa who are often protected species from fans. They were not good today at all. I do want to hear what you disagree with though - as usually I do like a lot of your comments

Parko1310

Juniors
So hey what did I miss?
How many barnstorming and fearsome Blake Lawrie runs were there? Did he send those poor Sharks forwards skittling like bowling pins???? Do those poor Sharkies forwards need therapy after having to play 80 minutes against big strong fearsome Blake???
How many fantastic wet weather game managing kicks did our marquee halfback execute to perfection today? Did he bamboozle those poor Sharkies?

Watch Blake Lawrie's marker work in the highlights for the last try of the game. It's a good giggle once the pain subsides

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Sharks are not contenders.. we are just pretenders.
Hunt Hopeless
Lomax is no centre, he is a good winger
Bird is way past it
Second week in a row forwards just got rolled through.no aggression or line speed
We seriously need about 10 new faces in that team
Saying goodnight before breaking my phone…

Last edited:

matPORTS

Juniors
The only way for Hunt to win a premiership, is to play 14.

Lets hope Flanno can convince him of that.

Playing 9/14 is the only way that Ben has managed to forge out an esteemed representative career.

Unfortunately, the track record of our hierarchy asking players to play different (better suited to their skill set) positions is not great.

Much like the recent Lomax situation, a big decision regarding Bens' future with the team will need to be made sooner rather than later.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
So hey what did I miss?

…….only what movie you saw…. Jaws 8?

steerlerbab

Juniors
This year we have no choice with halfback. Ben is the best in the club and let's face it he is coming to the end of his career and next year will be his last. I am doubtful he will make to Queensland team. Now as I said it in the last few weeks, Ilias has requested release from South and we have the money to get him and develop him during 2025 and turn him to our playmaker for 2026. I hope somebody from club management reading this.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Ben Hunt needs to be moved on. It’s for the best, we can’t compete in the NRL without a halfback. Go to market, pay out his contract, do whatever needs to be done to get him out of the club.
Sign Su’a, give him the captaincy as a sweetener.
Just get rid of Ben.
That's a nice fairy land you live in, just like the ground being dry under foot yesterday hey? 😉

Flanagan your man spent up a lot of his coaching capital convincing Hunt to stay and made it known they were trying to extend him a few weeks back, you expect now he'll turn the other cheek and punt him?

Flanagan met all of Hunt's demands to keep him at the club and unfortunately the tail will continue to wag the dog in that regard.

carltonsouth79

First Grade
Without Sloan for a week, after that trip too.
Enjoy hopelessness.
A couple of not very good bits in his game today, that and going on with a tackle around a sharks players neck after the ball was already dropped. Probably just passionate but unlike him. Mulitalos niggling of Rava on the other hand totally in character

Latest posts