What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The best club team you have seen

aqua_duck

Coach
Come to think of it the Storm 2007 team was pretty awesome, one of the best backlines ive ever seen

dogslife

Coach
Bulldogs 2002

caf9dc7f-3187-46a6-a975-15b0a7f7e3a1

Tommy Smith

Referee
2001 Parramatta Eels team,greatest attacking team in history,fact

We got dis
The 2001 Parramatta Eels team averaged 32 ppg during the 4 point try era.

The 1935 Eastern Suburbs Roosters averaged 37 ppg despite 3 point tries.

Fact.

You don't got dis.

Loudstrat

Coach
And the 83 Eels side would have spanked them both.

I reckon from the 01 Eels side, only Hindy and Caylo would have made the 83 side. Even Hayne on his 09 form would have made the 83 side, only on the wing.

The 83 side had possibly the best backline in history.

some11

Referee
I haven't been watching league long enough but as far as defence goes the Dragons of 09/10 were like a brick wall.

stoodamire

Juniors
Dragons 09/10 conceded 13.71/12.46 points per game

Manly 95/96 conceded 11.27/8.68 points per game

Stats were from the regular season not including finals.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Manly 95-97 were the best defensive unit I've seen.They could score points too when they wanted to, though they rarely needed to. Should have won 3 straight. And I reckon they would have given the 97 donkeys a run for their money in a united comp.

Well 98 Broncos but then I would get accused of bias by the LU bogan squad so if I'm also not counting any team that benefited from cheating then I would say Manly 96, Parra 2001 and Roosters 2004

Jason Maher

Immortal
You're incredibly biased, but the 98 and 2000 donkeys teams were almost unbeatable. Makes you wonder what went wrong in 99 (apart from Langer quitting because he couldn't hack losing a couple of games). It's an interesting question which version was actually better - the 98 team still led by Langer, or the 2000 team with Lockyer hitting his prime?

Knightmare

Coach
I'd say the '98 Broncos edge them. The 2000 squad was good, but clinical. They were less spectacular, but whether that was because they lacked as much creativity in the backs or it was because they didn't need to play spectacular football much I'm not sure. It was a pity Newcastle lost focus in that preliminary and didn't make the GF in 2000, as I think they would have given the Broncos a much better run for their money than Easts did- because Brisbane never looked like they had anymore than a remote chance of losing the game.

axl rose

Bench
I'd say the '98 Broncos edge them. The 2000 squad was good, but clinical. They were less spectacular, but whether that was because they lacked as much creativity in the backs or it was because they didn't need to play spectacular football much

Unlimited interchange era, they just rolled their monster pack forward, then in would come Tuquri and Salior.

Bengal

Juniors
The Raiders of the early to mid-nineties. Not only were they the best but they were easily the most exciting/entertaining team I have ever seen. Their back-line moved that ball like no other. Sticky, Daley, Meninga, Belcher, what a team. Not to mention Clyde (still one of the best running forwards I've ever seen) Lazarus and Walters. Modern day salary cap limited (and enforced!) teams can't come near the teams beforehand. Para of the early eighties, on paper dynamite, but the few times I saw them they were never as 'entertaining' is I thought they would be. Sterling/Kenny though - legends.

The Broncos from 1998 to 2000 were the team that terrified me the most when we had to play them. They had game changers all over the park with awesome speed and power down the flanks. An amazing side.

The Roosters in 2003 & 2004 were bloody impressive too. How the crap did we not win another comp in those years?

Because we had it all over the Roosters in 03. We were never going to lose that game.