What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The best club team you have seen

Bulldog Force

Referee
The thread is titled "best club team you have SEEN"

If you saw the 1930's Roosters you'd be 90 by now and would have forgotten what happened in 1935 and wouldn't know what this interweb thingy is anyway.

Plus the St George team that won 11 Premierships straight would surely win the award.
...and that my friends, is an absolute...

portfolio_zing_04.jpg

Tommy Smith

Referee
The thread is titled "best club team you have SEEN"

If you saw the 1930's Roosters you'd be 90 by now and would have forgotten what happened in 1935 and wouldn't know what this interweb thingy is anyway.

Plus the St George team that won 11 Premierships straight would surely win the award.
Im aware the thread is about the best team we've SEEN.

However, Haynetrain stated that the 2001 Eels were the best attacking team of all-time. And said it was a statistical fact.

I was merely disproving his claim. To the best of my knowledge, the 1935 Easts team were by far the most prolific attacking side of all-time.

MadPie

Juniors
1978 Wests Magpies.

2001 Eels stand out. Not so much a team of champions, but they played well.

Loudstrat

Coach
Geez, the 75 chooks come close, but the team to beat all others mentioned since 71 filled green and gold jumpers from 2 to 9, beat the test pack in consecutive grand finals. Its a team that had the best halves pairing in history, and the best scrumbase trio in history, the most damaging winger of he past 50 years, the greatest pointscorer in the first 90 years of the code, and the greatest coach in history. And it won 3 straight comps. No one can top that. No one.

firechild

First Grade
Geez, the 75 chooks come close, but the team to beat all others mentioned since 71 filled green and gold jumpers from 2 to 9, beat the test pack in consecutive grand finals. Its a team that had the best halves pairing in history, and the best scrumbase trio in history, the most damaging winger of he past 50 years, the greatest pointscorer in the first 90 years of the code, and the greatest coach in history. And it won 3 straight comps. No one can top that. No one.

But this thread is about the best we've seen. The vast majority of posters here either weren't born or aren't old enough to remember. Thank Christ I'm one of them because as a Manly fan I don't want to recall those years.

thorson1987

Coach
But this thread is about the best we've seen. The vast majority of posters here either weren't born or aren't old enough to remember. Thank Christ I'm one of them because as a Manly fan I don't want to recall those years.

Dude try being a Bears fan growing up in the 90's

So many f**king disappointments. f**king Newcastle.

1997 would have been a great grand final if it was Manly v Bears.

manly would have won because we were shit in the big games.

firechild

First Grade
Yeah, being a Bears fan would have sucked since about 1922. My family were talking about NS oval the other day, I used to love going there and don't recall ever seeing Manly lose there. The complete opposite to Parra Stadium, I've never been there and seen Manly win.

OVP

Coach
Roosters 74,75
Parra 81-3, Bulldogs 84/5 ... they both won four in the 80s ... cant split either
90's was Canberra and Brisbane
2000's - Roosters and Melbourne and 2000 Broncos was incredible
2013 - Haven't Souffs won already ? :lol:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
The 2001 Parramatta Eels team averaged 32 ppg during the 4 point try era.

The 1935 Eastern Suburbs Roosters averaged 37 ppg despite 3 point tries.

Fact.

You don't got dis.

In 1935 rugby league players were amateur dopes who went to the pub all day

2001 professional Eels team > 1935 amateur hobos

Loudstrat

Coach
I think your 83 side still holds the record for most premiership points - 44. They also scored 690 points. You would have loved that season!

Which is why I rate that Parra side. Manly has some of their best sides ever in 82/3.

They also has John Ribot playing for them - always good to see that twat suffer misery!