What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Big One - Eels Game

InThatNumber

Juniors
I hate coming up against these desperate teams but only losers make excuses.
Normally I agree with this (coming up against desperate teams that is) but after the last 3 weeks, aren't we now the desperate team? And if not, why not? We are desperate for a win, any win and it MUST start tonight against Parramatta.

redvwhite

Juniors
Back on topic, am I the only who thinks it a little sad that a game against the team running dead last is being billed as The Big One in the thread title?

I meant 'big one' in comparison with origin. This is a much more important game than origin for dragons fans. Don't forget how we were derailed by origin last year. I think we could have gone back to back otherwise. We will never know.

Efresh

Coach
I meant 'big one' in comparison with origin. This is a much more important game than origin for dragons fans. Don't forget how we were derailed by origin last year. I think we could have gone back to back otherwise. We will never know.

No, don't take it the wrong way. I wasn't having a go at you...I agree tonight's game is important but instead of asking "by how many" we are thinking "we must win".

redvwhite

Juniors
Yes it is sad mate, I agree. But after the cowboys/ penrith double whammy of poor displays mixed with the injuries and general bad vibe, I revised my expectations for the season - just stay off the bottom. That way they remain all big games.

Minh

First Grade
Normally I agree with this (coming up against desperate teams that is) but after the last 3 weeks, aren't we now the desperate team? And if not, why not? We are desperate for a win, any win and it MUST start tonight against Parramatta.

Yes we are desperate and we will rip them to shreds tonight.

The defending premiers always get smashed by rep selection the following year. Manly are copping it this year.
It's one of the reasons going back to back is such a tall order.

Father Ted

First Grade
No, don't take it the wrong way. I wasn't having a go at you...I agree tonight's game is important but instead of asking "by how many" we are thinking "we must win".

The mindset of people who are not winning .... sadly

The defending premiers always get smashed by rep selection the following year. Manly are copping it this year.
It's one of the reasons going back to back is such a tall order.

I wonder if SOO could be moved to another time of the year?

TruSaint

Referee
The mindset of people who are not winning .... sadly

I wonder if SOO could be moved to another time of the year?

FT... i couldnt agree more with your second point as i have mentioned in another thread, its inconcievable that in 2012 we batter the liv... out of our best players. Understand the commercial success and i dont have the answer, but surely there must be a better way to go. Anyway, go the Saints, hope we get a decent crowd.

Father Ted

First Grade
We had 12,800 odd more or less in a game that was like watching paint dry. That said the company of Rexxy, Willow , Juan Farkall , Big Pat , Gorilla , The Preacher and R2k was great almost family like.
Biggest laugh of the night, the announcement Of the CEO's birthday followed by a chorus of boo's ground wide . Mean but funny.
Another positive we won . But Rugby League was the loser on the night .. In the top 10 worst games I've attended imo .
Would I be keen to watch Saints again next week ? You Betcha..........

Last edited:

redvwhite

Juniors
We had 12,800 odd more or less in a game that was like watching paint dry. That said the company of Rexxy, Willow , Juan Farkall , Big Pat , Gorilla , The Preacher and R2k was great almost family like.
Biggest laugh of the night, the announcement Of the CEO's birthday followed by a chorus of boo's ground wide . Mean but funny.
Another positive we won . But Rugby League was the loser on the night .. In the top 10 worst games I've attended imo .
Would I be keen to watch Saints again next week ? You Betcha..........

Agree with you FT. As lackluster as it was, wish I could have been there. Returning to oz in August...can't wait to see some games.

Nothing to lose v manly.

64 Dragon

Coach
Nobody has mentioned on here as yet, but I was pretty convinced that Hornby scored a try. The ball seemed to come off Cooper's knee last, not a knock on. I may be wrong, they had a really long look at it.

silverex

Bench
Nobody has mentioned on here as yet, but I was pretty convinced that Hornby scored a try. The ball seemed to come off Cooper's knee last, not a knock on. I may be wrong, they had a really long look at it.

Not only did the ball come off Cooper's knee but he was also being tackled by Hindy when he didn't have the ball.

But it doesn't matter now. We got the 2 points and that's all that really matters at this stage.

redvwhite

Juniors
If you look closely at the replay you will notice both cooper and Hornby are wearing the big red v which makes it impossible for the try to be given.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Not only did the ball come off Cooper's knee but he was also being tackled by Hindy when he didn't have the ball.

But it doesn't matter now. We got the 2 points and that's all that really matters at this stage.
It came off his stomach; but I agree about Hindmarsh tackling before he got the ball and at the very least we should have got a penalty.

Just another run-of-the-mill dud decision... par for the course considering the bloke who is in charge of the refs.

64 Dragon

Coach
It came off his stomach; but I agree about Hindmarsh tackling before he got the ball and at the very least we should have got a penalty.

Just another run-of-the-mill dud decision... par for the course considering the bloke who is in charge of the refs.

Talk about bad decisions. I just watched the Tigers/Cowboys game. The Tigers certainly are a protected species.