What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Big One - Eels Game

Minh

First Grade
Does anybody feel we are pacing ourselves saving some in the tank for the late run home I mean our old style was very tough to replicate week in week out and we did that for 2 and a half seasons, gassing out the final half of last year and finals 2009. Last week and the two Newcastle games I saw that intensity and intent to fight bitterly, except the errors killed us dare I say Nathan Brown style against the Rabbits. I think we realise that only 100% will win matches here on end.

Minh

First Grade
True dont think we are good enough or in a position to go easy. I still feel and hope that our best work will be done towards the end, the Tigers often adopt this style whether by design or not is another question.

redvwhite

Juniors
True dont think we are good enough or in a position to go easy. I still feel and hope that our best work will be done towards the end, the Tigers often adopt this style whether by design or not is another question.

If we are are being complacent or something I'd be surprised.

Form is a funny thing... you can never know when combinations might hit their straps and start winning games for their clubs but we are lacking combinations. Rein and Soward are the only ones that are generating anything. Occasionally one of the back 5 will do something good but mostly non threatening to say the least. Like I said, I was proud of Sunday's effort. We may not see a more disciplined effort than that. We still lost.

We are too proud to end up last though, surely! Our team should beat parra. One game at a time.

Mr Red

First Grade
Does anybody feel we are pacing ourselves saving some in the tank for the late run home I mean our old style was very tough to replicate week in week out and we did that for 2 and a half seasons, gassing out the final half of last year and finals 2009. Last week and the two Newcastle games I saw that intensity and intent to fight bitterly, except the errors killed us dare I say Nathan Brown style against the Rabbits. I think we realise that only 100% will win matches here on end.
:shock::shock::shock:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

Like to agree Minh re pacing ourselves...but just cant see it happening...even if players are giving 100% at the moment we just dont seem to have any structure to our game and dont intimidate other teams like we used to ....losing Smith, Costigan, Saffy and now Weyman was/is a huge blow and imo Creagh, Young and Scott dont bury opposition forwards like they used to....

Minh

First Grade
Fair enough its just that we've had a few games where weve started pretty cold and lacked intensity and got jumped by the opposition.

77Dragons

Juniors
If Hayne shows up we will struggle to beat them.

Hayne and Sandow will kick to Vidot all night so be prepared for some excitement

77Dragons

Juniors
ps I will be more confident if Roberts was a late inclusion. He was where Parra leaked all their points

Elias1983

Coach
Someone in the jubilee avenue made an interesting observation.

The dragons training gallery has no pic of brett morris at all.

But there are a couple of Goodwin training...

Morris injured himself during the game last week didn't he?