What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The *** Br*mb?es

woodgers

Bench
No not a typo. Just saw on the news update that the Brumbies have dropped ACT off their badge. What sort of pride do they have. What is next, relocate to the Central Coast?

"One team in Canberra, there's only one team in Canberra"

Raider_69

Post Whore
my oath woodgers
lets hope the next move is a relocation to perth :!: :!:
f**k the brumbies and Yawion

thickos

First Grade
It doesn't surprise me. The players are all blow ins from Sydney and regional NSW with the exception of maybe Matt Giteau.

The 'club' should be proud of its ACT location and it should be reflected in its name. f**k I hate clubs that don't recognise where they come from. You need definition, character and a place to call home. The Brumbies have none of them.

RaidersMalt

Juniors
I wonder what the reason behind this is, pretty d1ck move if you ask me.
As there will be a 4th Australian Super 12 team, I bet they will start to play home games in other cities to gauge the level of interest.
If the raiders have any sense they should take full advantage of this, outlining their commitment to Canberra and the region.

hrundi99

First Grade
Yeah I was going to say that this could benefit the Raiders. They just have to start performing again.

greeneyed

First Grade
They announced their "vision" is to be the best provincial rugby union team in the world.... nothing about the ACT there either..... It is a sure sign that the ARU thinks the Brumbies franchise is transferable to another location.

jed

First Grade
Relocate the Brumbies to either Melbourne or the Central Coast, and give the 4th franchise to Perth.

Memo to the Bumblies: Go away - we don't want your sort in Canberra.

What this shows is Yawnion is about 7 years behind League. Didn't Canterbury and Cronulla attempt such things, only to fail dismally? I remember chanting such things as "LG?...LG?....where the f*ck is LG?" in reference to the ground announcer at shark park going on about "The LG Sharks".

Kris_man

Bench
Schif_Happens said:
Didn't Canterbury and Cronulla attempt such things, only to fail dismally? I remember chanting such things as "LG?...LG?....where the f*ck is LG?" in reference to the ground announcer at shark park going on about "The LG Sharks".

Well, aren't we the "Fone Zone Raiders"?

Bay56

First Grade
Many in my office are Brumbies season ticket holders. I have seen an emailed newsletter which explained the change (btw this is old news as it was reported some 4 weeks ago).

The reason is that Brumbies management recognise that they represent the whole of this region (not jsut the ACT). It is recognition by their management team that a lot of their support base and season ticket holders come from the region around the ACT.

Makes sense to me.

Greenblooded

Juniors
Personally I couldn't give a rats Arse what they called themselves, Super 12 is about as interesting as watching my toenails grow.