What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Brad Arthur experiment. 8 years on….

The_Frog

First Grade
If Parra crash and burn from the finals this year then I'd be shocked if they kept him around. As others have said who is better? I genuinely have no idea, but they cant keep doing the same thing and expect to get a different result.
9 wins from the first 10, followed by 4 wins from the next 10. Same fade out as last year but still they made the top 4. This year they will probably just miss out but they'll play finals nonetheless. Most likely won't get onto the same field as the Rabbitohs again, who seem to have their number. A lot of fans of a lot of clubs would take that with open arms, especially with a team assembled predominantly by the chequebook with very average depth.

He's got some motivational skills to get the good starts, but the season is just too long.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I thought Round 2 that year when he made them warm up for like an hour 1000 degree heat was a pretty good moment.
He’s had some rippers over the years, playing Kenny Edwards, Guth and Ray Stone at dummy half were memorable. Seffa Paulo and Luke Kelly in the halves was another high point.

But the best has been his useless sprog Bea Junior, the kid may well be a decent first grader but he’s two off seasons away at least. This from a bloke reluctant to give youth a chance unless he has too. Bald Potato.

King-Gutho94

Coach
9 wins from the first 10, followed by 4 wins from the next 10. Same fade out as last year but still they made the top 4. This year they will probably just miss out but they'll play finals nonetheless. A lot of fans of a lot of clubs would take that with open arms, especially with a team assembled predominantly by the chequebook with very average depth.

Difference to last year was there was only 20 rounds due to Covid. Another 4 games we would have slipped out of the 4. In any case we bundled out in week 2 so technically we still couldnt conjure up at least a preliminary final appearance.

BA has taken us to his ceiling the squad is good enough to beat the 10 bottom teams but cant beat the top 5.

Tactically we just havent got it against the big teams and that comes down to the coaches

With not a lot of jobs available most unemployed coaches would love to take over the current squad compared to a rebuilding one that will take 2-3 years to be competitive.

davi

Juniors
Parramatta next week's clash against Manly may be big in determining the top 4. Parramatta in their current form may already be finished in securing a top four spot . They still have Storm and Penrith in their remaining matches. And it may be more likely be between Manly and Roosters for the final fourth spot.

blaza88z

Coach
His days as a head coach are over, but 46% win rate over 8 seasons at the Titans as their foundation coach isn't too bad at all.

The Titans had every conceivable advantage in their early days and at the time the place was buzzing, now the only people supporting the Titans are those who probably supported them back in the day too

davi

Juniors
Queen Ploddo and Mitchy are bigger issues than the bald one

Say what you will but Mitchell Moses got a three year extension. Brad Arthurs has been there for eight years with a year left. Another excuse won't cut the mustard. Arthurs also had a slow start with the Eels in his coaching career and the eels board and even the media gave him more leeway then other coaches have received (Anthony Griffin).

Munky

Coach
The bald is strong and hard for a board to resist.

Mary made Arthur look like Jack Gibson and he got how many years?

It’s always the way that when a side is winning the players get the plaudits but when they are losing the coach cops all the flak…

He’s coached his side to more finals series than he’s missed, and off the back of salary cap cheating..

I get that things haven’t resulted in a comp yet.. and the eels are on a big slide at the moment.. but he can’t have just forgotten how to coach.. the players have got to share the blame here.

perhaps it’s like Brian Smith… he could get them close but not all the way.

point made earlier though, it’s common to suggest get someone else but different doesn’t mean better. The dragons are seemingly proof of that at the moment.

Different would be better for Parra only if Bennett came along. Otherwise I couldn’t think of anyone who’d do a better job..

they seemed to me to be just a halves superstar away from the top dogs. Brown n Moses are good, but not great.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
It’s always the way that when a side is winning the players get the plaudits but when they are losing the coach cops all the flak…

He’s coached his side to more finals series than he’s missed, and off the back of salary cap cheating..

I get that things haven’t resulted in a comp yet.. and the eels are on a big slide at the moment.. but he can’t have just forgotten how to coach.. the players have got to share the blame here.

perhaps it’s like Brian Smith… he couldn’t get them close but not all the way.

point made earlier though, it’s common to suggest get someone else but different doesn’t mean better. The dragons are seemingly proof of that at the moment.

Different would be better for Parra only if Bennett came along. Otherwise I couldn’t think of anyone who’d do a better job..

they seemed to me to be just a halves superstar away from the top dogs. Brown n Moses are good, but not great.
I'm assuming this opinion is not based on games this year considering you've boycotting the game (except origin).

I'm assuming this opinion is not based on games this year considering you've boycotting the game (except origin).
Here he is!!

NRL Games up until Round 13 Greeny.. i thought you were better at paying attention than to make a mistake like that…

I am watching the India England Test match though. Any thoughts on this?

(I think Rooty might double-ton it here)

perhaps it’s like Brian Smith… he couldn’t get them close but not all the way.

I’d say Hook has done a lot better at Sgi than Uncle fester did.

Has kept them competitive for most of the season without their best player and only went South when Vaughny had his party and due to a gruesome injury situation. He’s a great coach😷

But a coach swap with the eels would be fun.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
hineyrulz
hineyrulz
hineyrulz
hineyrulz
hineyrulz