What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bug!

eelz47

Coach
JUST spoke to holic, she was talking to benny and he was saying 8 of the players were crook. Dr Johnston was giving needles left right and centre just so the boys could play. Benny got hit by it this morning, timmy at half time.

I know people are saying we should of takin extra players up, but we dont really know that these reserve players would not get it as well.

Hopefully they come home have some soup and get a good nights rest, so they can get better

Eelectrica

Referee
That would go a long way to explaining the performance. I was at the game, listening to the ABC commentry and one of commentators mention jokingly that Ben Smith may have given the rest of the team the bug.

Might not have been far from the truth.

Hurriflatch

Referee
no it's not

take more players up

Reddy was there and apparently Paulo was as well so they must've had some notice

no excuse just poor management

eelz47

Coach
i know we lost, but hopefully they get better and this bug dont go thru the rest of the team. the heat up there would not have done them any good.

Hurriflatch

Referee
sorry but no excuse

they had enough notice to get reddy there so they had enough to get others there

Gronk

Staff member
Well I reckon they all looked like death warmed up and was not surprised that Timmy was a no show in the 2nd half. Well done for toughing it out boys.

scottyeel

Bench
If they were that sick then they should have pulled out instead of embarrasing our jumper like that.

eelz47

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
sorry but no excuse

they had enough notice to get reddy there so they had enough to get others there

and what then with these reserves???

put them up in a different hotel? or put them in a bubble so they too dont get sick? or we could of just played twiz, belly and pj?

fish eel

Immortal
If this is true, I think it would have been wise to leak it out prior to the match, to do so after the event comes across a bit twee.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
commentators said most of the team have been sick all week, why take them up then, give our juniors a go. if we got smashed at least we would have had a reasonable reason that we didnt have experienced players.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Well Premier league did have the bye why not take em all up the guys who arent needed let them go for a swim...

fish eel

Immortal
If half the squad are sick then sh*t happens, there isnt a lot you can do, you can't fly 30 blokes up as cover, but tbh, if they were that sick, it should have been leaked out prior that we were struggling.

as I said in the other sick thread.....to do so after the game comes across a bit twee....like we're looking for an excuse after the event.