What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bug!

Fathead

Bench
Just had a chin wag to one of the officals and he said that as a club, it was the closest we had come to forfieting a match in the history of the club. It got to the point that we couldnt field a team at all !!

8 players have a really serious virus incl Hindy :shock: (how can that man function??)

If the match was played in Sydney, those 8 players would have been replaced with Premier league players.

Reddy was up visting family and was called in at last moment.

Lets give the boys a break. Look at the scoreboard and think about what you are like when you have the flu. World coming to an end ? Sit in bed all day ? How would you go playing a game of NRL footy ?

Damn I am proud of them!!!

The bulldogs got flogged by about the same score. Lets just chill out.

shiftysmith

Juniors
if they are all sick i totally understand why we lost,lets all be honest when you have a flu you dont even have energy to keep your eyes open,so they all deserve credit for being out there..

Yep...just got off the phone from MITS...only thing to add from eelzies post was that it was the first time that Dr Death had to be present at a post match media conference.

Hages said on the ABC that he doesn't want to use it an excuse but pretty hard to compete when half your squad is crook.

Certainly goes a long way to putting a reason why as I was mystified with what was happening today. Thye didn't didn't have once ounce of enthusiasm.

Redback71

First Grade
how come inu did not get a run then, still no excuse but at least i fill better knowing there was a reason, but i tell you what im getting a tad sick of going to eels games only to see them loose. have not been to a game where they have won for about 4 years

Hellsy

Immortal
Fathead said:
Just had a chin wag to one of the officals and he said that as a club, it was the closest we had come to forfieting a match in the history of the club. It got to the point that we couldnt field a team at all !!

8 players have a really serious virus incl Hindy :shock: (how can that man function??)

If the match was played in Sydney, those 8 players would have been replaced with Premier league players.

Reddy was up visting family and was called in at last moment.

Lets give the boys a break. Look at the scoreboard and think about what you are like when you have the flu. World coming to an end ? Sit in bed all day ? How would you go playing a game of NRL footy ?

Damn I am proud of them!!!

The bulldogs got flogged by about the same score. Lets just chill out.

Well said :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

you may not have read redback but reddy happened to be visiting rellies in the vacinity which is why he was drafted in for ben when they started dropping like flies.

Parra Guru

Coach
scottyeel said:
If they were that sick then they should have pulled out instead of embarrasing our jumper like that.

Perhaps you should throw yours in the bin with an attitude like that.

I am proud of those boys that went out there today. Someone stated earlier, 8 of them were RULED OUT but still showed the guts to play so we wouldn't have to forfeit. To those who say it's bull sh*t, you wouldn't know so why don't you try showing a bit of faith for once.

eelz47

Coach
Redback71 said:
how come inu did not get a run then, still no excuse but at least i fill better knowing there was a reason, but i tell you what im getting a tad sick of going to eels games only to see them loose. have not been to a game where they have won for about 4 years

reddy was on holiday in qld, so technically he was already there

did you get the bug too?;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Redback71 said:

INU may have also been a victom as he was at the open training session but didn't train.

Kornstar

Coach
I am not dissapointed with the performance considering the circumstances, however if they were sick during the week, then i will stand by the fact that the coaching staff stuffed up by not flying up more cover.

If they only all fell sick this morning, then that is a different story.......

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:
I am not dissapointed with the performance considering the circumstances, however if they were sick during the week, then i will stand by the fact that the coaching staff stuffed up by not flying up more cover.

If they only all fell sick this morning, then that is a different story.......

you may be right on both counts and that's the way I'm thinking too.

Hurriflatch said:
no it's not

take more players up

Reddy was there and apparently Paulo was as well so they must've had some notice

no excuse just poor management

Please tell me you aren't this stupid.

You take up 2 spare players at least when you go away. A forward and and Back that is good Managment. Bad Luck is 8 Players getting a bug between Breakfast and game time.

Hurriflatch

Referee
9 said cayless had been sick all week surely people would've realised that the thing might spread and either left Cayless at home or brought extra backup to the coast

Nine is wrong. I saw Nathan on the Plane Friday he was well. I saw him this morning He was well. He got sick due to everyone getting sick.

Ben was fine this morning at Breakfast Eating the Fruit and in good Sprits. I was told but a Board member that Ben Got sick at 10:30

I saw him walk out the back and he looked like Death Warmed up. Seriously something has hit this club today.

They didn't have time to bring anyone up, the Did put it out to as much of the Media as they could before kick off. But the TV and radio were already to air. I don't know why they didn't carry it in the coverage.

Hellsy

Immortal
They certainly didn't show indications of the illness at the training session, so it must have come on late.

I can't say I saw Cayless tho, but I didn't see alot of the forwards

Latest posts