What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bug!

Hurriflatch

Referee
MarkInTheStands said:
Nine is wrong. I saw Nathan on the Plane Friday he was well. I saw him this morning He was well. He got sick due to everyone getting sick.

Ben was fine this morning at Breakfast Eating the Fruit and in good Sprits. I was told but a Board member that Ben Got sick at 10:30

I saw him walk out the back and he looked like Death Warmed up. Seriously something has hit this club today.

They didn't have time to bring anyone up, the Did put it out to as much of the Media as they could before kick off. But the TV and radio were already to air. I don't know why they didn't carry it in the coverage.

ok well thats different then I was going on the fact that Cayless had been sick even before the team flew up on Thursday.

strider

Post Whore
The fruit? :shock: ..... I bet they ate Paw Paw - I tell you its bad stuff - should have steered clear of it :(

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Hay Mits who is matthew???

I was walking next to you at the game today and noticed you out the corner off my eye on your mobile phone with no reception asking for matthew???

For $40 were the stand seats any good? I seen you walking to your seat at the 3/4 line

Stagger eel

Staff member
jayjayselmes said:

I was walking next to you at the game today and noticed you out the corner off my eye on your mobile phone with no reception asking for matthew???

For $40 were the stand seats any good? I seen you walking to your seat at the 3/4 line

that would of been Belly :lol:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Kornstar said:
I am not dissapointed with the performance considering the circumstances, however if they were sick during the week, then i will stand by the fact that the coaching staff stuffed up by not flying up more cover.

If they only all fell sick this morning, then that is a different story.......
Well said mate, if they we're crook all week the players shouldn't have been put in the posistion to play anyway. If most of them came down with it today well thats a different story.

EDIT Just saw MIT'S post, well that was bad luck on our part then.

Hurriflatch said:
ok well thats different then I was going on the fact that Cayless had been sick even before the team flew up on Thursday.

Which is not a fact but an expression for Tim Gilbert that I just heard on the Nine Replay.

The Team Flew up Friday Night and they were fine. All well and in Good Spirits. Junior Palo was the new 18th and Joel was around but flew up on this own coin but was "In camp"

fish eel

Immortal
seriously though....we should have put the word out b4 the game we were struggling....titans might have gone easy lol

Hurriflatch

Referee
did Junior also come down with the bug?

if not then very surprised he did come in for one of the sick boys

jayjayselmes said:

Eela Got it right.

The Seats I had were behind the In Goal and well It was like being at an away game a few years ago.

Hurriflatch said:
did Junior also come down with the bug?

if not then very surprised he did come in for one of the sick boys

All those that were, will be in the Post Match Press Conference as Dr Death was there and read out the players he had worked on.

Hurriflatch

Referee
fish eel said:
seriously though....we should have put the word out b4 the game we were struggling....titans might have gone easy lol

even better, they would've forfeited so their players didn't get sick :lol:

or maybe postpone the match to allow a new team to be sent up to Carrara :lol:

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
Saw Michael Hagan after the game, and he was telling the supporters who were waiting after the game to get autographs and he said there were alot of the players hit down with a bug, Big Ben couldn't take the field. Timmy at half time.
During the team warm up, we saw Timmy Smith throwing up and the trainer took him off. Daniel Wagon came out of the dressing rooms after the game looking as white as a ghost, but he stilled signed a few autograph before heading straight to the team bus to rest.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
MarkInTheStands said:
Eela Got it right.

The Seats I had were behind the In Goal and well It was like being at an away game a few years ago.

yeah i was on the entry north end opposite end of the replay screen. $25 for hill tickets was ridicolous and every body was standing up and giving people the sits.

I must admit probably the worst ground ive been to!!!

Hellsy

Immortal
eelavation said:
has he already been ruled out as a backup???

He is too crook and they go into camp from tomorrow to play Thursday, me thinks not enuf time.

Ant

Juniors
You have to say it was awfully bad luck. And really just write off the game completely, qand be happy it didn't happen in a finals game. I think the most famous case was when the all blacks lost a world cup final with half the team sick.

Crap does happen, and anyone who has had a lightning case like that will know how bad it can be. I am suprised we weren't hammered worse.

I guess the only people we can review are the ones who weren't sick. But even its hard on them given so many of the side were below par.

I will add though some people are not mortal and Hindy is one, if he was one of the sick it will be a miracle, he was awesome today. You could tell he was a bit grumpy with proceedings.

What a bugger all getting crook at once like that on game day.
If it was a home game and PL were playing at least we would have had some backup players.

eelz47

Coach
Halfback Tim Smith could manage only half a game while robust centre Ben Smith was a late withdrawal.

Skipper Nathan Cayless, Blake Green, Fuifui Moimoi, Josh Cordoba, Aaron Cannings and Joel Reddy were also off colour after the virus struck on Thursday.

"We don't know where it's come from and there's no common factor we can find like the restaurant or a meal," Johnson said about the virus, which causes nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.

http://nrl.com/News/Latest/NewsArticle/tabid/76/NewsId/4817/Default.aspx

Latest posts