What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bulldogs and Mary

Gareth67

First Grade
They , the Bulldogs pups have been playing great rugby league over the last month or so and there defense is second to none. I never thought that I would be complimenting them but they deserve all the accolades that are given to them .

Young tough and uncompromising pack of forwards with backs that have plenty of talent - their future is looking good in the years to come .

How sad it is that the above was not about our beloved Dragons - I can only see the same old same old being rolled out for our mob in the future .

matPORTS

Juniors
When you've been down in the dumps for most of the season, you've got to get back to basics to even be a chance of turning things around and salvaging something.

Basic rule number one in Rugby League is having pride and starch in your defense. The Bulldogs have had that in spades the last month or so, and last night Parra simply had no answers despite multiple opportunities.

We only have ourselves to blame. We could have easily been in contention for 7th or 8th spot at this stage had we have closed out a couple of those close ones (we will probably still finish with a better F/A than the Dogs - however I might re-visit this statement after Saturday night). But that would just be polish on a turd and another mediocre excuse for Mary to justify his coaching career.

possm

Coach
The buldogs have taken a punt on some young up and commers, maybe out of neccesity, but they have given some young guys a go, it may have taken a little while, but they developed into 1st graders as the season has progressed.

Mary's idea of blooding players is have them sit on a bench for 75 minutes or more and expect them to deliver a match winning play. Mary has never shown he has the abilty to develop players, he wants to get established players who can compete to overshadow his inability to actually "coach" a team. When we got a good team on paper last year he professed he "finally had the team he wanted" as an excuse for the previous years. The rapid decline in these players and the team since has only further highlighted he does not know what to do.
It should be clear to everyone on here, the problems with our squad/team all relate to the Millward/Mary MESS. Get rid of these two clowns and bring in someone like Gould or Brown or Griffin or Toovey and our problems will be solved.

Slackboy72

Coach
We have 5 Origin players, the Bulldogs have none. We have two current English internationals, the Bulldogs have none. We have a coach who has coached for 6 years, their coach is in his second season.
Not to be that guy but:
  • They have at least three internationals even if you're not counting those minor nations.
  • They also have three origin players even if only one played this year.
  • Dean Pay is not a green coach by any standard and has been an assistant coach and rep coach since 2009.
That said I agree that we have a much better team on paper.
I agree McGregor should be better than Pay.
They just have some resolve and discipline that we are lacking.

traffoed10

Juniors
Josh Jackson should never have played origin and should never play origin again.

I remember Hoppa playing origin in his debut season. He looked like he was going to be a superstar. Ever since he came back from his mission, his form has never warranted origin selection.

Re: Hopoate maybe not in the mix for Origin anymore but not a bad game against Parramatta.
263 meters
12 takle busts.
2 line breaks
1 try
Did plenty in defence also.