What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bulldogs

Canterbury... in or out?

• Total voters

Maroubra Eel

Coach
jimmy_the_greek said:
very well said alba...
bulldogs and dragons sell papers, other teams dont...
for example i heard something had happend at the game on friday, not sure if it was a big fight or not but security was needed, im not saying this should have been all over the papers and on the front page, im just wondering why if it was a bulldogs or dragons it would have a 5-6 page spread in the telegraph the next day, and if it wasnt bulldogs or dragons supporters its swept under the carpet?????

Hey Jimmy. That incident on Friday night didn't happen to be in the members? I saw a bit of trouble there myself.

Maroubra Eel said:
Hey Jimmy. That incident on Friday night didn't happen to be in the members? I saw a bit of trouble there myself.

not sure if it had to do with the members, i wasnt there but my friend from school was at the game so he told me there was a bit of trouble there and security was needed....

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Yeah just around half time some bloke got kicked in the head. Not quite sure what happened but the guy who did it wasn't kicked out. Security and the police were there but didn't do much.

balmainbenny

Juniors
The dogs need to kick out that vicious Lebanese element out of the club. Ship Hamem off to the Roosters to bolster Rooster crowd averages.

Glenn

First Grade
On topic..no there are measures that should be imposed on the Bulldogs, but to punish all there fans for the actions of a few idiots, as much as I hate Canterbury it isn't fair.
On the point raised by MH, no chance in hell of it happening dare I say you would get crowds maybe to 30k, but is that increase really worth the other 50k you would lose to the game.
Personally wouldn't want to have anything associated with a merge team, especially involving Canterbury. Also people are not going to turn up just to see there team in a second-tier competition to the extent of NRL numbers, dare I say it would only be a very small fraction of the current crowd numbers.

balmainbenny said:
Keep the Dogs in....they are no longer an NRL comp threat anyway.

not sure if were a threat to the premiership, but i do have a good feeling we will make the 8...and then we will see if we are a threat or not once the 8 has been decided...

atomic_crimson

Juniors
Timmah said:
[Sarcasm]See Jimmy, now you're just placing the blame on someone else... :roll: [/Sarcasm]

Trust me mate, I know what you mean. Tigers fans still refuse to believe any baiting took place or that their supporters played a role in what happened in Round 2 other than "the senseless victims".

oh yes no baiting...lol im female (friends with alba) and she can tell you the anout the amount of times i have been abused and threatned for no reason apart from being in a bulldogs jersey.. scariest incident was the GF in 04 - she was with me and i was approached by a drunken rooster fan wanting to punch me!!! his friend had to hold him back!!!!

as for tigers fans... well lets say its up there with the GF experience...

in the end the bulldogs make too much money for them to be kicked out...

and for the drop kicks who attach themselves at our games... they are working on that... one of the only clubs actively trying to rid their games of idiots..

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Kick em out, and their fans will either stop following NRL, or become Tigers or Eels fans, and the violence then happens at those games instead. So keep em in.

ouwet

Bench
Firstly kicking out the Bulldogs is not the answer... You can't kick out the team with arguable the biggest supporter base in Sydney...
Secondly I don't take the crap that Bulldogs supporters were baited so it was "There Fault" bullsh*t!!!! I bait opposition supporters when their losing and I wouldn't go to the footy if I didn’t get baited when we are losing (And YES I love to drink a few at the Football, no excuse again)... I have for years defended these fools but not anymore... They are a minority but by God they are a growing minority of criminals and thugs!!! They are not supporters of the Bulldogs but unfortunately they mainly live in the Canterbury-Bankstown areas and go to games because they have nothing better to do (Again they are not supporters and don't give a f**k about the NRL) so why do they go???

Because they know they can cause headlines, they know they can make talk back and they know they can get away with it, what's the worst that can happen??? Get banned from the NRL for a year??? They are not supporters and don't care...
So people, the solution is easy... Charge the bastards and throw them in Jail... No second chances, no more slap on the wrist bullsh*t!!! I deadset refuse to go and sit in GA anymore, but I can't afford to pay $30 (If I’m lucky) to sit in Category 1 seats every week and as a huge Bulldogs fan it's frustrating knowing these fools are winning and stopping people like myself from going to games!!!!!

The Bulldogs are a great club... We have the most loyal supporters and we support the team with a passion that is un-matched IMO(Yes I am bias:D )... Bulldogs-4-life!!!!! These thugs belong in Jail... They are a problem at NRL games and a problem in society, time for the Bulldogs, NRL and state government to go hard at these f**kwits!!!!! Throw team to the lions or if thats unhuman, throw them in Longbay!

Latest posts