What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bulldogs

Canterbury... in or out?

• Total voters
keep us in, with the fans that misbehave measures have been taken so this dosent continue, and were not the only club with crowd problems

with the salary cap that was taken care of with a deduction of 37 points , and with the coffs harbor story no charges were laid...

gregstar

Referee
jimmy_the_greek said:
keep us in, with the fans that misbehave measures have been taken so this dosent continue, and were not the only club with crowd problems

with the salary cap that was taken care of with a deduction of 37 points , and with the coffs harbor story no charges were laid...
shaddup you criminal.

gregstar

Referee
jimmy_the_greek said:
not sure if ur joking or not, but there are dogs fans out there who do the right thing...
yes you're right.

the fans who died in the 80's. ;-)

sydraider

First Grade
The logistics of such a merge would be a nightmare and take 50 years to sort out management wise, too much rivalry between all mentioned clubs for them to ever come together.

As for the crowd problem, thats just as much a society issue than it is a club issue.

They paid fo the salary cap debarcle, they would have most certainly been playing in the gf in 02.

The coffs harbour issue will always be debated, im not goin to touch that one with a ten foot pole.

As much as you like them or hate them, the dogs are an integral part of the comp. Maybe relocation might be a feasable option. It would keep them away from "that element" that seems to give their crowd a bad name.

sydraider said:
The logistics of such a merge would be a nightmare and take 50 years to sort out management wise, too much rivalry between all mentioned clubs for them to ever come together.

As for the crowd problem, thats just as much a society issue than it is a club issue.

They paid fo the salary cap debarcle, they would have most certainly been playing in the gf in 02.

The coffs harbour issue will always be debated, im not goin to touch that one with a ten foot pole.

As much as you like them or hate them, the dogs are an integral part of the comp. Maybe relocation might be a feasable option. It would keep them away from "that element" that seems to give their crowd a bad name.

well said...some people want them back at belmore but would that cause more problems???

Sharkie™

Juniors
i got a soft spot for the dogs. they have a very strong side and a large fan base. the only thing working against them is a small inconsiderate minority. if they can remove that minority then they are a great club but unfortunately their reputation is being tarnished and alot of people believe they should be given the punt. the way i see it is that u cant have a comp without the bulldogs and i dont think relocation is the answer either.

aphelion

Juniors
I hate the Dogs with a passion but it would be commercial suicide for the NRL to kick them out. The NRL realise this and therefore the Dogs will be here forever.

And on the other subject, the day that Parra merges with anyone (especially the Dogs!), folds, or relocates, is the day that I stop following rugby league.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
after the riot squad has been at the dogs games for the past 2 weeks and the bannings that have taken place after the tigers match, malcom noad commented the dogs fans on their behaviour so i doubt the clubs will be merged...

Alba

Coach
hell no they shouldn't be kicked out! there is only so much media attention on them because they're the team everybody loves to hate.. in saying that, I don't hate them and have many friends that are Bulldogs supporters and I have accompanied them to games where there has been no trouble at all .. I know that there are some pathetic morons who show up and bring shame on upon the blue and white but they are not real supporters .. and i've seen alot of violence at football games among fans and funnily enough, none of the games were Dogs games but you don't read about that in the paper do you? as for Coffs Harbour I believe it was all blown out of proportion and as someone said earlier 'innocent until proven guilty', and no charges were laid .. i'm not big on calling girls that claim rape liars and I refuse to do that now because none of us know what really happened, but as high profile sports stars they more than likely were targets of a money grabbing scam .. IMO anyway ..

oh and i nearly forgot the salary cap .. LOL there aren't many teams that aren't rorting the cap in one way or another .. that's all i'll say on that ..

Alba said:
hell no they shouldn't be kicked out! there is only so much media attention on them because they're the team everybody loves to hate.. in saying that, I don't hate them and have many friends that are Bulldogs supporters and I have accompanied them to games where there has been no trouble at all .. I know that there are some pathetic morons who show up and bring shame on upon the blue and white but they are not real supporters .. and i've seen alot of violence at football games among fans and funnily enough, none of the games were Dogs games but you don't read about that in the paper do you? as for Coffs Harbour I believe it was all blown out of proportion and as someone said earlier 'innocent until proven guilty', and no charges were laid .. i'm not big on calling girls that claim rape liars and I refuse to do that now because none of us know what really happened, but as high profile sports stars they more than likely were targets of a money grabbing scam .. IMO anyway ..

oh and i nearly forgot the salary cap .. LOL there aren't many teams that aren't rorting the cap in one way or another .. that's all i'll say on that ..

very well said alba...
bulldogs and dragons sell papers, other teams dont...
for example i heard something had happend at the game on friday, not sure if it was a big fight or not but security was needed, im not saying this should have been all over the papers and on the front page, im just wondering why if it was a bulldogs or dragons it would have a 5-6 page spread in the telegraph the next day, and if it wasnt bulldogs or dragons supporters its swept under the carpet?????

Alba

Coach
yep i know .. at the Souths v Roosters game a Roosters fan actually hit a female police officer right in front of us and spat in the male officers face but was allowed to sit and enjoy the rest of the game .. how does stuff like this happen?? and if anyone thinks im making it up i took photos on my digi cam :) but not of him hitting or spitting i wasnt fast enough!

Alba said:
yep i know .. at the Souths v Roosters game a Roosters fan actually hit a female police officer right in front of us and spat in the male officers face but was allowed to sit and enjoy the rest of the game .. how does stuff like this happen?? and if anyone thinks im making it up i took photos on my digi cam :) but not of him hitting or spitting i wasnt fast enough!

i heard about that as well my uncle is a bunnies supporter and he was at the game...
i personally think to many bad people who work for the paper look at the race of the supporters which i believe is very wrong...i cant explain it otherwise...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
jimmy_the_greek said:
very well said alba...
bulldogs and dragons sell papers, other teams dont...
for example i heard something had happend at the game on friday, not sure if it was a big fight or not but security was needed, im not saying this should have been all over the papers and on the front page, im just wondering why if it was a bulldogs or dragons it would have a 5-6 page spread in the telegraph the next day, and if it wasnt bulldogs or dragons supporters its swept under the carpet?????

[Sarcasm]See Jimmy, now you're just placing the blame on someone else... :roll: [/Sarcasm]

Trust me mate, I know what you mean. Tigers fans still refuse to believe any baiting took place or that their supporters played a role in what happened in Round 2 other than "the senseless victims".

Timmah said:
[Sarcasm]See Jimmy, now you're just placing the blame on someone else... :roll: [/Sarcasm]

Trust me mate, I know what you mean. Tigers fans still refuse to believe any baiting took place or that their supporters played a role in what happened in Round 2 other than "the senseless victims".

sorry if it came out that way, that im placing the blame, all im saying is teams should be treated equally especially when it comes to the newspaper because everybody reads it...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
lol mate I put the sarcasm bookends in for a reason... I was taking the piss from every whinging Tiger boy and everything they've said since R2.

Latest posts