What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Case for Adelaide.....

Pippen94

First Grade
So you've all heard the news?

We're coming back.

no, V'Landys naming different locations to put pressure on wa govt who might be dumb enough to upgrade stadium. Wa govt hosting emergency presser makes me think they in panic mode & think pasifika will be next lol

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
You can always tell when the Sydney journos are in a different city for an nrl event lol

A $45 billion naval shipbuilding project, a planned hydrogen power plant and the state’s pivotal role in Australia’s space race has Adelaide ready to become the NRL’s next expansion franchise.
That is the opinion of former Manly and Wests Tigers chief executive Grant Mayer, now CEO of the South Australian Jockey Club. Mayer said Adelaide had emerged as a “corporate hub” which would attract a massive number of interstate employees, many being NRL supporters.
The influx of new workers from the rugby league-dominated east coast should be a strong consideration when the ARL Commission determines the game’s 18th club.

westerntiger

Juniors
Grant Mayer is an absolute piece of garbage and was probably off his face when he was interviewed.

This Adelaide game is an absolute flop and hopefully ends this nonsense of playing Origin on circular paddocks in what may as well be a foreign country

The Great Dane

First Grade
Grant Mayer is an absolute piece of garbage and was probably off his face when he was interviewed.

This Adelaide game is an absolute flop and hopefully ends this nonsense of playing Origin on circular paddocks in what may as well be a foreign country
How will it be a flop?

It'll be the most profitable of the series, it'll be good publicity, etc, etc.

Ignore the shit-stirring journos who only exist to manufacture controversy. Not selling as many tickets as you would have liked during the worst cost of living crisis of our lifetime isn't the end of the world, and it'll still be great for the game despite that.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Wtf are you on about?

greenBV4

Bench
How is it a flop?
State of Origin like the GF is very much a corporate event, and those boxes would of went for a premium

Throw in there's only a couple odd thousand seats unsold despite the NRL trying its best to piss off the locals with its choice of advertising - and those very likely could be sold on the day tomorrow anyway

Then you've got the added top up from what ever the SA government is paying to host it (they paid 8 mill in 2020)

But yeah, a flop

greenBV4

Bench
Good publicity where?

Show me anywhere in the Adelaide media that's even mentioned that it's on

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au
I searched "Adelaide origin", clicked the news tab, this is the first result

Today

And wasn't there literally a video posted here the the other day of their premier kicking a blue powder filled footy promoting it?

Give it a rest mate, trying to grow our game in new states is a good thing

Pneuma

First Grade
The article in the DT citing Mayer is the best argument I’ve seen for an Adelaide team. I found it on Reddit in the NRL discussion. Worth a read if you can get it.

Latest posts