What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Chad Issue

1990 sharkie

Juniors
no contact with the head.
cummins was late with the whistle.
the player facing him was aware.
the other was not.
shoulder charge penalty and move on.

Hit the head after hitting the ball. Chad jumped which make it reckless and careless so it was a send off and funnily enough the only time this year he has used his shoulder.
Maybe if he tryed to use his shoulder he woudlnt have missed 40+ tackles this year

YTSharks

Juniors
In hindsight, f@&k was that the funniest thing I’ve seen on a footy field in a while. So inherently stupid

In hindsight, f@&k was that the funniest thing I’ve seen on a footy field in a while. So inherently stupid
I didnt see it last night so I've been wondering what all the fuss is about.
I just watched it and I was still wondering how it was so bad, then I saw it from a different angle and realised that the ref had called for stoppage to take the restart again......
Ohmy, Chadly just made an add-on to his highlight(s?) reel.
I was pissing myself with the stupidity of it all.

YTSharks

Juniors
I didnt see it last night so I've been wondering what all the fuss is about.
I just watched it and I was still wondering how it was so bad, then I saw it from a different angle and realised that the ref had called for stoppage to take the restart again......
Ohmy, Chadly just made an add-on to his highlight(s?) reel.
I was pissing myself with the stupidity of it all.
After you get over being annoyed by it. It is so stupid it’s funny

Quigs

Immortal
I think someone must of slipped the Chadley a defensive highlights vid of how Sir Thomas Bishop used to drop opponents.

I saw tommy use that technique heaps of times. And sometimes during those times the tackle was made several seconds after the opponent had off loaded the ball.

Gawd that little bloke could tackle. Now there was a real halfback.

p-53-20.jpg

p-53-14.jpg

1973_gf.jpg

ghoti

Bench
Grade 3 apparentley 3 match ban if he takes the early plea.

Trindall given a huge gift to try again to prove himself...seemed to struggle outside of Chad, maybe likes the organising role, or maybe only good against shite teams like the rest of us.

Apey

Staff member

Knights fan here, I thought it was hilarious because I know Sharks fans aren't a fan of the Chad and knew they'd be happy with him making himself unavailable for selection for a few weeks.

Weaponhead

Coach
Its bad, bad Chaddy Town
The badest man in the whole damn town
Meaner than old King Kong
When he shoulder charged Kalyn Pong

Version IV

Juniors
Trindall given a huge gift to try again to prove himself...seemed to struggle outside of Chad, maybe likes the organising role, or maybe only good against shite teams like the rest of us.
Thurston and Cronk would struggle outside of Townsend

Frailty

First Grade
Trindall rarely saw the ball, when he did he looked to have chances but they were slightly off.

Townsend came back and stifled all play. Even the left hand side play looked so bad with no early ball and easily contained.

It was a completely justified send off - he never was going to make an attempt at a legal tackle, he jumped, and it was after the whistle called a halt to play. I'm surprised Cummins actually had the balls to make the call.

Quicksilver

Bench
I love the delusional blame shifting of Trindall’s bad game on to Chad.

Neither played well (the whole team played poorly) but Trindall played badly on his own. Mostly on his own side of the field away from any influence of Chad.

We’ll never get anywhere if we spare people criticism at the expense of burning one particular person at the stake.

It’s very short sighted, there are so many areas where this team needs to improve. The overly simplistic view that Chad is responsible for everything is mind boggling from people who should know better.

No doubt Chad is an average player. But that’s it- he’s average. His presence isn’t making men shirt grab and not commit to contact. He’s not making them give up cheap possession. He’s not responsible for leaked tries on the other side of the field.

He is responsible for an absolutely dog shit kicking game though.

Latest posts