What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Children Overboard issue develops

Anonymous

Juniors
ShireShark said:
no children thrown overboard.
no scuttlng of the good ship Siev 4.

how do you know that willow?
LMAO. Haven't you been reading this thread. :lol:

The Chief of the Defence Force referring a conversation he had with Commander Banks of the HMAS Adelaide:

WE DISCUSSED THE EVENTS OF 7 OCTOBER 2001, AND HE INFORMED ME THAT HE WAS SURE THAT NO CHILD HAD BEEN THROWN OVERBOARD. I QUESTIONED HIM CLOSELY TO TEST THE BASIS FOR HIS ASSURANCE.

UPON THE BASIS OF THIS CONVERSATION WHICH PUT TO REST THE CONCERNS THAT I HAD ABOUT THE WRITTEN MATERIAL, I WAS CONVINCED THAT, DESPITE THE INITIAL REPORTS TO THE CONTRARY, IN FACT NO CHILD HAD BEEN THROWN INTO THE WATER FROM SIEV 4 ON 7 OCTOBER 2001.
------------
Now tell me you didnt read it this time. :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
Don't be silly: According to the CDF (Cosgrove), that is the boss of the defence forces, he asked the Commander of the HMAS Adelaide (Banks) - you can't get anyone closer to the action than that.

Read this:
HE INFORMED ME THAT HE WAS SURE THAT NO CHILD HAD BEEN THROWN OVERBOARD

I WAS CONVINCED THAT, DESPITE THE INITIAL REPORTS TO THE CONTRARY, IN FACT NO CHILD HAD BEEN THROWN INTO THE WATER

Now are Cosgrove and Banks lying?

ibeme

First Grade
ShireShark said:
Nope
They may have been for all I know
I wasnt there

Neither was John Howard. Members of the defence, who have since denied the claims, were there.

Anonymous

Juniors
ShireShark said:
Nope
They may have been for all I know
I wasnt there
You weren't there, but the Commander of the HMAS Adelaide was there and he says they were not thrown overboard.
How they got there is a matter for conjecture. BUT they were not thrown.
Do you concede this point?

ShireShark said:
Well it's all a matter of interpretation isnt it
Not to mention perspective
LOL. Intepretation nothing. The Commander of the Adelaide and the Chief of the Defence Forces are convinced that no one was thrown overboard.
Do you concede this?

Jimbo you too...

ibeme

First Grade
Maybe they were carefully placed in the water. Maybe they fell in the water. Maybe they jumped in the water. Maybe they were dropped in the water.

The motive is in question here.

When referring to the incident, the PM said that he didn't want people like that coming into this country.

He sure as hell wasn't referring to people who did what was required to save their children from a sinking boat was he? His implication was that they were throwing them into the water as a form of blackmail - that their actions were sinister.

Anonymous

Juniors
Jimbo said:
Did old matey from the HMAS opine on how the children end up in the water?
You mean the Commander of the HMAS Adelaide, Commander Banks?
He said no one was thrown in the water.

Jimbo

Immortal
Willow said:
Jimbo said:

Well if that's what he said, that's what he said.

The facts remain though that thrown, placed, slipped or otherwise, the only people responsible for the kids being in the water are their parents. And if Prime Minister Howard doesn't want people who willingly place their children in that sort of danger in Australia, then I agree with him 100%.

Anonymous

Juniors
Jimbo said:
Willow said:
Jimbo said:

Well if that's what he said, that's what he said.
So you do concede that no children were thrown overboard?

Latest posts